Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108836 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #675 on: April 12, 2019, 02:43:08 PM »
I'll say it again, Jango Fett has never appeared in a Star Wars movie that exists.

you're still wrong.

Attack of the Clones was great. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #676 on: April 12, 2019, 02:44:30 PM »
I think the biggest problem with Solo was that they broke their timing - for some reason they released it in May instead of following their Christmas release schedule, it came 6 months after The Last Jedi and left us with 18 months until Rise Of Skywalker. I don't understand why they did that. Solo itself was actually a really fun movie.

I loved Solo. A lot more than Rogue One. Both were heist movies, but Solo was much more fun and light-hearted.

As for the scheduling, I think I remember it was because of Mary Poppins. So maybe the problem for Disney isn't fatigue in any one franchise, it's just that they have way too many franchises to support?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #677 on: April 12, 2019, 02:44:58 PM »
you're still wrong.

You are insane.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #678 on: April 12, 2019, 02:46:01 PM »
You are insane.

It was better than Solo
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #679 on: April 12, 2019, 02:46:47 PM »
It was better than Solo

I stand corrected.

You're a sociopath.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #680 on: April 12, 2019, 02:47:09 PM »
I loved Solo. A lot more than Rogue One. Both were heist movies, but Solo was much more fun and light-hearted.

I agree

As for the scheduling, I think I remember it was because of Mary Poppins. So maybe the problem for Disney isn't fatigue in any one franchise, it's just that they have way too many franchises to support?

Possibly, but I still think it was a big misstep. Star Wars is way more important than Mary Poppins as a franchise, and frankly the audience crossover between the two probably isn't so huge as to worry about hurting box office too much.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #681 on: April 12, 2019, 02:57:53 PM »
I agree

Possibly, but I still think it was a big misstep. Star Wars is way more important than Mary Poppins as a franchise, and frankly the audience crossover between the two probably isn't so huge as to worry about hurting box office too much.

I 100% agree with you, and I think Disney is crazy if they stop making Star Wars movies. I don't make the news, I just report what someone else reported first.

BTW: Mark Hammil said the other day that he thinks SW fatigue is real. Again, I disagree, but it's interesting.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #682 on: April 12, 2019, 03:13:20 PM »
you're still wrong.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #683 on: April 12, 2019, 03:15:39 PM »
I think the biggest problem with Solo was that they broke their timing - for some reason they released it in May instead of following their Christmas release schedule, it came 6 months after The Last Jedi and left us with 18 months until Rise Of Skywalker. I don't understand why they did that. Solo itself was actually a really fun movie.

Now I know there is no reason to see this movie and it was in fact terrible, Thanks
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #684 on: April 12, 2019, 03:18:14 PM »
I just had a thought. What if the answer to your question is just "yes"?

Snoke was discarded by Johnson, but maybe Abrams' plan all along was that Snoke was Palpatine reincarnated.

Yeah, could be. 

I'm thinking those were Death Star 2.0's ruins on Endor, and they're going to encounter Ghost Palpatine while exploring it. 

A return to Endor probably means Ewoks.  They might be CGI-woks now though. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #685 on: April 12, 2019, 03:23:03 PM »
Now I know there is no reason to see this movie and it was in fact terrible, Thanks

It's no xXx: Return Of Xander Cage.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #686 on: April 12, 2019, 03:23:34 PM »
you're still wrong.

Yeesh.

More yeesh.

Don't get me wrong, I actually really liked Solo. But Rogue One had to take a story in which we already knew what happened and what the ending was going to be, and made it interesting. Not just interesting, they made an absolutely fantastic Star Wars movie.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #687 on: April 12, 2019, 03:34:50 PM »
Clone Wars isn’t a great movie but it’s certainly not the worst of the series. I would say the fact Jengo Fett was the Stormtrooper prototype means he was in one of their movies and served a pretty significant role in the series kinda cements his place whether or not you think that’s a good movie or not.

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #688 on: April 12, 2019, 03:39:13 PM »
Rogue One was phenomenal imo.

As far as Attack of the Clones, fellas, MBG is clearly trolling and winding us up.
It's a scientific fact that that movie fell out of a dog's poopchute.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #689 on: April 12, 2019, 04:11:40 PM »
I didn't really like Rogue One. Part of that is because I think Felicity Jones has all the acting talent of a doorstop. The droid was cool though. Inigo Montoya was good too.

Attack of the Clones was an abhorrent travesty. It was not, and never will be, a Star Wars movie. George Lucas is lucky he wasn't brought to the Hauge to stand trial for crimes against humanity.