Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108927 times)

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #660 on: April 12, 2019, 12:51:50 PM »
Episode 9 trailer and title reveal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #661 on: April 12, 2019, 01:03:14 PM »
I don't know how I feel. They're clearly teasing with that.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #662 on: April 12, 2019, 01:15:11 PM »
Episode 9 trailer and title reveal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs

Lando FTW...see you at Christmas.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #663 on: April 12, 2019, 01:16:19 PM »
Was that the Emperor or Snoke?

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #664 on: April 12, 2019, 01:37:14 PM »

I didn't want to post too much in case anyone is trying to avoid it, but that's got to be the Emporer. It sounds like it has to be, and it was timed right when Luke says no one's ever really gone?

This might be the last Star Wars movie we see for a while, so I hope they're going out with a huge bang. Luke and the Emporer rise from the dead? Hell. Yes.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #665 on: April 12, 2019, 01:49:29 PM »
I didn't want to post too much in case anyone is trying to avoid it, but that's got to be the Emporer. It sounds like it has to be, and it was timed right when Luke says no one's ever really gone?

This might be the last Star Wars movie we see for a while, so I hope they're going out with a huge bang. Luke and the Emporer rise from the dead? Hell. Yes.

bring back Jango Fett for the hell of it.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #666 on: April 12, 2019, 01:56:34 PM »
This might be the last Star Wars movie we see for a while

Why? Aren't they still phenomenally popular and making excrement tons of money? It's not like they're running out of stories to tell.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #667 on: April 12, 2019, 02:01:30 PM »

I just had a thought. What if the answer to your question is just "yes"?

Snoke was discarded by Johnson, but maybe Abrams' plan all along was that Snoke was Palpatine reincarnated.

Also, I just read that the Emporer came out on stage after the trailer ran and demanded it to be run again.

bring back Jango Fett for the hell of it.

Bring him back? Jango Fett has never appeared in any Star Wars movie that exists.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #668 on: April 12, 2019, 02:03:08 PM »
Why? Aren't they still phenomenally popular and making excrement tons of money? It's not like they're running out of stories to tell.

I've seen it said repeatedly that Disney is afraid of Star Wars "fatigue" akin to "Superhero fatigue" and is going to shelve the series for a while.

There will be a bunch of Star Wars content on the new Disney+ streaming service, but not in theaters, from what I've read.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #669 on: April 12, 2019, 02:06:44 PM »
I just had a thought. What if the answer to your question is just "yes"?

Snoke was discarded by Johnson, but maybe Abrams' plan all along was that Snoke was Palpatine reincarnated.

Also, I just read that the Emporer came out on stage after the trailer ran and demanded it to be run again.

Bring him back? Jango Fett has never appeared in any Star Wars movie that exists.
Jango Fett was in Attack of the Clones. Come to think of it, JF is the prototype for the Stormtrooper.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 02:10:11 PM by guinness77 »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #670 on: April 12, 2019, 02:08:43 PM »
I've seen it said repeatedly that Disney is afraid of Star Wars "fatigue" akin to "Superhero fatigue" and is going to shelve the series for a while.

There will be a bunch of Star Wars content on the new Disney+ streaming service, but not in theaters, from what I've read.
“Superhero fatigue?” Didn’t some mongoloid named Shazam just make like $75 million last weekend? Apparently they can run any supposed superhero out there and the public froths at the mouth.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #671 on: April 12, 2019, 02:10:25 PM »

you are wrong

Jango Fett was in Attack of the Clones.

you are correct

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #672 on: April 12, 2019, 02:12:59 PM »

Really? I'm the most impatient guy there is when it comes to TV and movie franchises, and I'm nowhere near fatigue. We get a story movie every other year and a character movie every other year, it's not like they're hitting us every three months.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #673 on: April 12, 2019, 02:32:52 PM »
Jango Fett was in Attack of the Clones. Come to think of it, JF is the prototype for the Stormtrooper.

I'll say it again, Jango Fett has never appeared in a Star Wars movie that exists.

“Superhero fatigue?” Didn’t some mongoloid named Shazam just make like $75 million last weekend? Apparently they can run any supposed superhero out there and the public froths at the mouth.
Really? I'm the most impatient guy there is when it comes to TV and movie franchises, and I'm nowhere near fatigue. We get a story movie every other year and a character movie every other year, it's not like they're hitting us every three months.

Couple of things:

I don't believe superhero fatigue exists. There are people (some on this board) who are done going to see superhero movies. But they're still making money hand-over-fist and will continue to do so.

I'm just relaying what I've seen reported is Disney's thinking: fear of overexposure. Like superhero movies, I think Star Wars could keep dumping movies on the public and people will keep standing in line for tickets. I know that Solo was a part of the thinking. It did well enough, but not anywhere near what they thought it would.

Here's a somewhat older story: https://screenrant.com/star-wars-franchise-fatigue-break/

That said, there are still movies from Rian Johnson (or did his get canceled?) and the Game of Thrones showrunners in the pipeline, as well as a Lando backstory. And again, there will be loads of Star Wars content on the Disney+ service.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #674 on: April 12, 2019, 02:39:20 PM »
I'm just relaying what I've seen reported is Disney's thinking: fear of overexposure. Like superhero movies, I think Star Wars could keep dumping movies on the public and people will keep standing in line for tickets. I know that Solo was a part of the thinking. It did well enough, but not anywhere near what they thought it would.

I think the biggest problem with Solo was that they broke their timing - for some reason they released it in May instead of following their Christmas release schedule, it came 6 months after The Last Jedi and left us with 18 months until Rise Of Skywalker. I don't understand why they did that. Solo itself was actually a really fun movie.