Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108952 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #645 on: February 10, 2018, 01:13:36 PM »
I'm still waiting for a Shadows of the Empire trilogy. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #646 on: February 10, 2018, 01:26:37 PM »
I wasn't interested in seeing the Solo film. Then I saw the trailer during the Super Bowl.

Also, it was announced that the showrunners of Game of Thrones are going to do a new Star Wars film series.

I'm both excited and scared. 10 year old me is giddy that there are new Star Wars films every year, but I'm afraid of oversaturation.

Han was a smuggler who didn’t care about anyone or anything except himself back in Episode IV. I have a feeling that Disney is going to make him into some kind of hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #647 on: February 10, 2018, 01:32:05 PM »
I'm still waiting for a Shadows of the Empire trilogy.

I read the synopsis and I don’t see how they can make that movie without pissing all fans off. I think they should either change the story around to focus only on the Vader subplot or make an entirely different story. Since all you need is James Earl Jones and the guy who played Palpatine (he’ll be in makeup anyway), they can do an entire movie about the empire that takes place after Hoth and before Jedi without ruining the cannon or using CGI recreations.

"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #648 on: February 12, 2018, 01:55:11 PM »
Han was a smuggler who didn’t care about anyone or anything except himself back in Episode IV. I have a feeling that Disney is going to make him into some kind of hero.

From the teaser, it looked like he was applying to fly for the Empire. Maybe he gets turned down, and then starts smuggling as revenge?

I would be really disappointed if they make Han anything but a scoundrel.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #649 on: February 12, 2018, 05:35:03 PM »
From the teaser, it looked like he was applying to fly for the Empire. Maybe he gets turned down, and then starts smuggling as revenge?

I would be really disappointed if they make Han anything but a scoundrel.

It’s Disney so I wouldn’t put it passed them. Besides, they can write whatever they want and the movie will still make hundreds of millions globally.

"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #650 on: February 13, 2018, 09:34:25 AM »
It’s Disney so I wouldn’t put it passed them. Besides, they can write whatever they want and the movie will still make hundreds of millions globally.

If Han's not a scoundrel, it's going to be hard to forgive.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #652 on: March 01, 2018, 01:35:27 PM »
https://uproxx.com/movies/what-was-lukes-plan-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi/amp/

First off, if that's all they had to talk about in the bar, maybe they should try vagina.

Second, the plan they're complaining about making no sense was created by a guy who literally made Natalie Portman love scenes unsexy. I'd hazard to think no one even told Lucas the idea was implausible, and even if someone had, he'd be all "Whatevs. I'm putting Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, and the droids all in the same scene with a screen full of aliens!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #653 on: October 25, 2018, 09:03:00 AM »
Finally watched Solo: A Star Wars Story. Don't know why it got such a mediocre reception, I thought it was terrific fun with great casting, script and acting. It didn't have lightsabers or space stations or thinly veiled religious overtones, but it was all the better for it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #654 on: October 25, 2018, 09:28:18 AM »
Finally watched Solo: A Star Wars Story. Don't know why it got such a mediocre reception, I thought it was terrific fun with great casting, script and acting. It didn't have lightsabers or space stations or thinly veiled religious overtones, but it was all the better for it.

Lightsabers and thinly veiled religious tones are the main attractions in the Star Wars universe....with special consideration to Princess Leia's tight body in ROTJ.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #655 on: October 25, 2018, 12:11:07 PM »

Honestly, apart from people planting their flags on the "No one is Solo except Ford" hill, and the (alleged*) Russian hate seed campaigns, there really wasn't anything wrong with it. I'm one of the "it's not Star Wars without Jedi" people, but going into this movie, I was willing to accept it because it was nothing more than a heist movie in the SW galaxy--and everything about it was better than Rogue One.

I thought the guy that played Han pulled him off well, and Donald Glover was Billy Dee-esque.

*"alleged" because despite it being reported a few weeks ago, I'm sure we have those who see that as "fake news" so whatevs.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #656 on: October 25, 2018, 12:17:12 PM »
Honestly I think you can tie it to shitty marketing, hype, and people feeling Disney was using this as another easy cash grab.

I saw it a couple of weeks ago after vowing to not pay for it in theaters because it seemed like a stupid Disney cash grab and I thoroughly enjoyed it, and left wanting more.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #657 on: October 25, 2018, 12:20:23 PM »
Honestly I think you can tie it to shitty marketing, hype, and people feeling Disney was using this as another easy cash grab.

I saw it a couple of weeks ago after vowing to not pay for it in theaters because it seemed like a stupid Disney cash grab and I thoroughly enjoyed it, and left wanting more.

Exactly.

I did see it in the theater, because cash grab or not, the commercials looked good, and at the end of the day, it's Star Wars so I'm going.

I can't wait to see a Lando movie.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #658 on: October 25, 2018, 01:29:15 PM »
I thought the guy that played Han pulled him off well

When he and Chewy turn to walk away from Enfys and her gang right at the end he does the Han Solo wink, and I did a double take - it was perfect Harrison Ford.

L3, Vos and Beckett were all awesome characters played really well. As you say, it was a heist movie - I don't know if people were expecting some kind of big revelations but I thought it set up Solo's character perfectly.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #659 on: October 29, 2018, 06:51:11 AM »
I never wanted to give this movie a chance solely based upon the reviews and just negativity which surrounded the film upon its release. I'm really glad that I finally caved and watched the movie over the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed the film and it didn't deserve the bashing it received. Good character development and a great story line.   

It doesn't rank up there with Empire, Force Awakens and Rogue One, but it certainly falls into a respectable 2nd tier.