Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108920 times)

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #600 on: April 14, 2017, 09:02:43 PM »
i still havent seen the original flicks, the prequels, and got bored halfway through force awakens and turned it off. this trailer is also boring. zzz

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #601 on: April 14, 2017, 09:04:43 PM »
Yeah, Luke is currently the last Jedi.  If they can turn Kylo...  Not going to happen.  Luke trains Rey, with the help of her ghost grandfather Obi Wan.  Kylo kills Luke.  Ren kills Kylo.  Queue the next movie.

He can train whoever and not train them to become a Jedi Knight when they are done.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #602 on: April 14, 2017, 09:35:22 PM »
i still havent seen the original flicks, the prequels, and got bored halfway through force awakens and turned it off. this trailer is also boring. zzz

I can't decide whether to excrement on you for this or to make fun of everyone else for nerding out over grey Jedi.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #603 on: April 14, 2017, 09:41:52 PM »
im not sure what is supposed to excite me about this trailer.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #604 on: April 14, 2017, 09:42:45 PM »
im not sure what is supposed to excite me about this trailer.

Nothing if you haven't seen any of the other movies.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #605 on: April 14, 2017, 10:01:29 PM »
Nothing if you haven't seen any of the other movies.

Like the person at the Super Bowl party who hasn't watched a single football game all year.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #606 on: April 14, 2017, 10:10:23 PM »
Generally movies go for broad appeal, there is none here

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #607 on: April 14, 2017, 10:19:11 PM »

I mean you're one of the few people that I know about that hasn't seen any of the Star Wars films.  There's a pretty large following throughout the world that this appeals to.

This is the most anticipated film of 2017 for a reason...
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #608 on: April 15, 2017, 08:25:56 AM »

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Box office, bro

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #609 on: April 16, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »
going to finally watch all of the star wars movies this upcoming week, i'll try to find time to hammer out the godfather series as well

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #610 on: April 16, 2017, 07:03:47 PM »
Godfather is so overhyped.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #611 on: April 16, 2017, 09:07:08 PM »
Black dude is obvious Jedi
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #612 on: April 16, 2017, 09:10:41 PM »
Godfather is so overhyped.

I guess there's room for every opinion in the world, even some of the more unlikely ones.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #613 on: April 17, 2017, 10:05:16 AM »
I mean you're one of the few people that I know about that hasn't seen any of the Star Wars films.  There's a pretty large following throughout the world that this appeals to.

This is the most anticipated film of 2017 for a reason...

An entire fuckload of people I know and myself are looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy 2 way more than the new Star Wars movie, even though it's a cheap Star Wars ripoff.

ie: Groot and Rocket are a cheap knockoff of Han Solo and Chewbacca. Gamora is a cheap ripoff of Princess Leia, Drax is a ripoff of JarJar, Ronan was a Dark Helmet ripoff, and Star Lord is a ripoff of Jabba the Hut.

Anyway, IATA is more of an anomaly than anything. However, if I had been subjected to the first 3 episodes (PM, Clones, and RotS) to start the franchise, I would have never ever continued, excrement, I would have stopped with PM, that movie was freaking horrid and Clones might even be worse. I honestly think Lucas wrote those three in crayon, the writing was so freaking bad it made otherwise good actors look putrid. So I understand IATA 's stance. A good 1/2 of the Star Wars films are pure trash.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #614 on: April 17, 2017, 02:15:34 PM »
An entire fuckload of people I know and myself are looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy 2 way more than the new Star Wars movie, even though it's a cheap Star Wars ripoff.

ie: Groot and Rocket are a cheap knockoff of Han Solo and Chewbacca. Gamora is a cheap ripoff of Princess Leia, Drax is a ripoff of JarJar, Ronan was a Dark Helmet ripoff, and Star Lord is a ripoff of Jabba the Hut.

Anyway, IATA is more of an anomaly than anything. However, if I had been subjected to the first 3 episodes (PM, Clones, and RotS) to start the franchise, I would have never ever continued, excrement, I would have stopped with PM, that movie was freaking horrid and Clones might even be worse. I honestly think Lucas wrote those three in crayon, the writing was so freaking bad it made otherwise good actors look putrid. So I understand IATA 's stance. A good 1/2 of the Star Wars films are pure trash.

I mean if we're being honest, writing has never really been George Lucas' strong suit.  Even the writing of the originals was pretty poor.