Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108961 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #570 on: June 29, 2016, 01:41:05 PM »
Lol that new Star Wars suffered from a distinct lack of originality. Jesus freaking Christ move on. It's a valid criticism coming from a monkey let alone Cameron.

Did you actually read the article with Cameron? He's talking excrement. The jury is very much not out - Abrams did exactly what he set out to do, which is to bring the franchise back online after the abortion of the prequel trilogy which Cameron apparently preferred to the Abrams reboot. What's his excuse for not bothering with originality? Oh right, the accountants want him to keep making big shiny to keep the dollars rolling in.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #571 on: June 29, 2016, 01:57:22 PM »
Lol that new Star Wars suffered from a distinct lack of originality. Jesus freaking Christ move on. It's a valid criticism coming from a monkey let alone Cameron.

I'm glad the guy who runs jokes into the ground on the regular is criticizing someone for a lack of originality.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #572 on: June 29, 2016, 02:29:24 PM »
Anyone who actually read the article would see that James Cameron called the new Terminator franchise "a renaissance".  If that doesn't prove he's an asshat shell of his former self, I don't know what will.

Terminator and Aliens are irrelevant to the man he is now.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #573 on: June 29, 2016, 02:54:32 PM »
I'm glad the guy who runs jokes into the ground on the regular is criticizing someone for a lack of originality.

Yah quite the criticism coming from the guy that wants no personal excrement posted and is the first one to do it like a little bitch.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #574 on: June 29, 2016, 02:55:42 PM »
Did you actually read the article with Cameron? He's talking excrement. The jury is very much not out - Abrams did exactly what he set out to do, which is to bring the franchise back online after the abortion of the prequel trilogy which Cameron apparently preferred to the Abrams reboot. What's his excuse for not bothering with originality? Oh right, the accountants want him to keep making big shiny to keep the dollars rolling in.

No I didn't read the article because I didn't give a excrement
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #575 on: June 29, 2016, 02:56:18 PM »
Yah quite the criticism coming from the guy that wants no personal excrement posted and is the first one to do it like a little bitch.

Running jokes into the ground is personal excrement?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #576 on: June 29, 2016, 03:13:03 PM »
Like i said...Cameron being a piece of excrement now, doesn't disregard his innovation with the Alien and Terminator franchises.  Still relevant, imo.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #577 on: June 29, 2016, 04:04:18 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/29/star-wars-force-awakens-james-cameron-lacks-visual-innovation

I think that the man who gave us freaking Smurfahontas has no right to comment on anyone's lack of originality. He's hardly Terrence Malick himself.

“I don’t want to say too much about the film cos I also have a lot of respect for JJ Abrams, and I want to see where they’re taking it next, to see what they’re doing with it,” he said.

That's some Jedi-level passive aggression right there. 

MEDIOCRE 

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #578 on: July 17, 2016, 01:23:32 PM »
They confirmed Alden Ehrenreich officially at SWC:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/star-wars-episode-viii-details-alden-ehrenreich-han-solo-1201816017/

Obviously it's been known for a while, but I had held out hope for months of a last minute swooping in by Taron Egerton.  The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to see what he'd do with it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:25:03 PM by Ignatius J Reilly »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #579 on: August 11, 2016, 09:43:25 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #580 on: August 11, 2016, 10:19:03 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

Black guy, Mexican, Chinese guy, and a female lead?  Clearly a feminazi/chinkanolivesmatter attempt to ruin a classic franchise.  Should have starred Alec Guiness.  No stars. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #581 on: August 12, 2016, 10:51:41 PM »
Donald Glover is the top choice to play Lando in the Han Solo film
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #582 on: August 13, 2016, 06:15:47 AM »
Donald Glover is the top choice to play Lando in the Han Solo film
CoachK was my top choice

There's nothing I love more than the taste of cum.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #583 on: October 17, 2016, 08:55:05 PM »
I still haven't seen The Force Awakens, so my sister bought it for my birthday. On DVD. I wasn't aware it was available on DVD. I checked and it was only $6 less than the Blu Ray. Am I being a douchebag or do I have a legitimate gripe?

In b4 "Yes"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #584 on: October 17, 2016, 09:04:06 PM »

I still haven't seen The Force Awakens, so my sister bought it for my birthday. On DVD. I wasn't aware it was available on DVD. I checked and it was only $6 less than the Blu Ray. Am I being a douchebag or do I have a legitimate gripe?

In b4 "Yes"

Legit, but she's a girl so probably didn't know the difference between the two formats, so I'd give her a pass.
"Wrong!"