Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108853 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #555 on: March 17, 2016, 06:58:39 PM »
Egerton is the only one I know, but I do really like him.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #556 on: June 14, 2016, 07:30:55 PM »
Boyega said in a recent interview that Episode VIII is much darker than The Force Awakens.

There's nothing I love more than the taste of cum.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #557 on: June 29, 2016, 10:52:06 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/29/star-wars-force-awakens-james-cameron-lacks-visual-innovation

I think that the man who gave us freaking Smurfahontas has no right to comment on anyone's lack of originality. He's hardly Terrence Malick himself.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #558 on: June 29, 2016, 10:58:35 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/29/star-wars-force-awakens-james-cameron-lacks-visual-innovation

I think that the man who gave us freaking Smurfahontas has no right to comment on anyone's lack of originality. He's hardly Terrence Malick himself.

His work with the first 2 Terminator movies in the 80s gives him the credibility, imo.   

I will also vouch for Aliens too. 

James Cameron knows his excrement.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #559 on: June 29, 2016, 11:14:10 AM »
James Cameron is a bundle of sticks
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #560 on: June 29, 2016, 12:04:15 PM »
I like to imagine random celebrities and athletes stumbling across this forum and rage quitting when they see us calling them faggots

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #561 on: June 29, 2016, 12:14:57 PM »

His work with the first 2 Terminator movies in the 80s gives him the credibility, imo.   

I will also vouch for Aliens too. 

James Cameron knows his excrement.

Yeah but he used the same visual technology in Avatar as the one he's criticizing in Star Wars. This isn't the 70s and 80s where you have to be super fuckn creative to make special effects life-like. CGI has come a long way.
"Wrong!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #562 on: June 29, 2016, 12:44:09 PM »
Yeah but he used the same visual technology in Avatar as the one he's criticizing in Star Wars. This isn't the 70s and 80s where you have to be super fuckn creative to make special effects life-like. CGI has come a long way.

That's fine. I'm not disputing whether he was right or wrong.

The guy is a pioneer when it comes to sci-fi films....i think his opinion is valid whether you agree with it or not.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #563 on: June 29, 2016, 12:51:31 PM »
That's fine. I'm not disputing whether he was right or wrong.

The guy is a pioneer when it comes to sci-fi films....i think his opinion is valid whether you agree with it or not.

The last remotely interesting thing he did was 25 years ago, and even then it was just throwing money at technology. He's not a director who gets to poke holes at others' lack of originality, especially someone like JJ Abrams.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #564 on: June 29, 2016, 12:55:52 PM »
The last remotely interesting thing he did was 25 years ago, and even then it was just throwing money at technology. He's not a director who gets to poke holes at others' lack of originality, especially someone like JJ Abrams.

Terminator and Aliens says he can do whatever the freak he wants. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #565 on: June 29, 2016, 01:12:59 PM »
James Cameron may be a dick, and he may have done nothing in the last 25 years or whatever....but he blazed a sci-fi trail for guys like Abrams.  The storylines (not just the technology) for the Terminator and Alien franchises were excellent and well ahead of their time when they were released.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #566 on: June 29, 2016, 01:16:25 PM »
Say what you want but Titanic was visually stunning. You could probably do all that with CGI now but he used models and excrement.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #567 on: June 29, 2016, 01:20:50 PM »
I am with MB here........... yeah I know kill me.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #568 on: June 29, 2016, 01:25:38 PM »
Terminator and Aliens says he can do whatever the freak he wants. 

Both excellent movies, but he hasn't really written anything with any kind of originality since. T2 was a rehash of the first movie but was a brilliant film for its special effects, Titanic and Avatar made the Hollywood accountants extremely happy but were both incredibly tired stories.

I'm not disputing what he has been able to achieve or the boundaries he has pushed as a director, but it's freaking rich for him to criticise the guy who made Super 8 and Cloverfield for a lack of originality.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #569 on: June 29, 2016, 01:32:31 PM »
Lol that new Star Wars suffered from a distinct lack of originality. Jesus freaking Christ move on. It's a valid criticism coming from a monkey let alone Cameron.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!