Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 109072 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #465 on: October 27, 2015, 09:48:07 AM »
Why would they use a non-canon storyline a year after making it a non-canon storyline?

I know it's very complicated to figure out what's in the canon any more since only the original six films and Clone Wars remain from everything produced before Disney.  7 things are a lot to wrap one's head around.

The Darth Plagueis novel came out the same year Disney acquired Star Wars. Excuse me for not knowing that the novel was a few months before the acquisition--therefore I didn't know whether it was canon or not.

How about all of the Knights of the Old Republic era storylines? Those are out too? Despite Bioware still producing new content for the game under Disney's direction?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #466 on: October 27, 2015, 12:01:54 PM »
The Darth Plagueis novel came out the same year Disney acquired Star Wars. Excuse me for not knowing that the novel was a few months before the acquisition--therefore I didn't know whether it was canon or not.

How about all of the Knights of the Old Republic era storylines? Those are out too? Despite Bioware still producing new content for the game under Disney's direction?

Was there something confusing about "Only the original six films and Clone Wars"?

Everything else is 'Legends' material and represents a different continuity and world than the canon one.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #467 on: November 04, 2015, 06:13:21 PM »
The actor who plays Kylo Ren was born the year ROTJ was released, so I thought about another theory. What if Kylo is actually Leia and Han's son? Had a falling out or something, went to the dark side, and decided to finish what his grandfather started. Just a thought.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #468 on: November 04, 2015, 06:51:02 PM »

The actor who plays Kylo Ren was born the year ROTJ was released, so I thought about another theory. What if Kylo is actually Leia and Han's son? Had a falling out or something, went to the dark side, and decided to finish what his grandfather started. Just a thought.

It's been posited.  Ditto for Rey being their daughter.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #469 on: November 05, 2015, 04:02:54 PM »
I don't know how many of you saw the story earlier this week, but there is a terminally ill fan whose final wish was to get to see Star Wars before he dies. There was an entire social media campaign to try to make it happen.

Well, today the guy got to see an unedited version of the film. That's pretty awesome.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #470 on: November 05, 2015, 05:49:51 PM »

I don't know how many of you saw the story earlier this week, but there is a terminally ill fan whose final wish was to get to see Star Wars before he dies. There was an entire social media campaign to try to make it happen.

Well, today the guy got to see an unedited version of the film. That's pretty awesome.

Life imitating art.  Like a real life Fanboys.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #471 on: November 06, 2015, 09:16:05 AM »
Japanese trailer has a ton of new footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAUiyeJMFQ
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #472 on: November 06, 2015, 09:22:51 AM »
Japanese trailer has a ton of new footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAUiyeJMFQ

So Rey is waiting for her family?  She's a Skywalker. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #473 on: November 06, 2015, 09:48:11 AM »
So Rey is waiting for her family?  She's a Skywalker. 

Worst kept secret ever.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #474 on: November 06, 2015, 11:06:32 AM »
Saw the "new" trailer without sound. Still left me with one question: why the hell isn't it December yet?

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #475 on: November 06, 2015, 02:18:14 PM »
Chewie looks pretty dead at the end of that trailer.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #476 on: November 07, 2015, 08:03:23 PM »
I just unwillingly got a ton of Star Wars info.  It's going to be good, but I'm bummed to have suspicions confirmed and get more info thanks to people who can't keep their mouths shut in mixed company.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #477 on: November 07, 2015, 10:27:20 PM »

I just unwillingly got a ton of Star Wars info.  It's going to be good, but I'm bummed to have suspicions confirmed and get more info thanks to people who can't keep their mouths shut in mixed company.

Suspicions? What suspicions?
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #478 on: November 08, 2015, 03:53:17 AM »
Suspicions? What suspicions?

Serious spoilers below:

Luke is a bundle of sticks that licked Han's ashole while being blown by C3PO, and Leia was forced to turn tricks to support the rebel cause, needless to say the rebels ran out of money ten years ago as droids wouldn't even phuck that racoon eyed bitch for a spritz of oil.

<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #479 on: November 08, 2015, 04:22:30 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away