Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108946 times)

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #450 on: October 23, 2015, 06:31:10 PM »
1 and 2 are pretty bad, but that's on the writers.  3 was great.

yeah, that's about right

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #451 on: October 23, 2015, 07:21:29 PM »
I watched 3 with my ex at the time who had never seen a Star Wars movie. She was really confused.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #452 on: October 23, 2015, 11:17:29 PM »
Episodes I, II, and III could've been much better if Darth Maul didn't die in I. 

If Maul kills Qui-Gon and gets away to end Episode I, the next story is much more interesting. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #453 on: October 23, 2015, 11:19:20 PM »
Episodes 2 and 3 are MUCH better if you've seen Clone Wars.  Clone Wars and Rebels are both solid.  The latter is the better show, but the former fits in more easily with the movies.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #454 on: October 24, 2015, 12:09:01 AM »

Episodes 2 and 3 are MUCH better if you've seen Clone Wars.  Clone Wars and Rebels are both solid.  The latter is the better show, but the former fits in more easily with the movies.

Thanks, we'll pass.
"Wrong!"

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #455 on: October 24, 2015, 02:41:07 AM »
Episodes I, II, and III could've been much better if Darth Maul didn't die in I. 

If Maul kills Qui-Gon and gets away to end Episode I, the next story is much more interesting. 

Nothing makes Episode 1 better. I feel bad for kids who experienced that as their first star wars.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #456 on: October 24, 2015, 07:02:28 AM »
Darth Maul was the most underused and underdeveloped character in the whole series .

Dunno wtf they were thinking . No on the interesting character yes to Sambo squid/ant eater Jar Jar lol.

Btw that Luke theory has gained traction. Ended up in a nerd circle discussing star wars with a cashier amd bagger at the grocery store .

One barely 18, the other in his late 40s.

Crazy how it transcends generations with the subpar prequels.

As far as Luke going Sith, you can either look at him going antihero, or he's becoming Sith to finally purge the Sith out himself once and for all.

You can't become a Sith Lord till you kill your master , there could easily be some theory to the tune of Luke not being able to truly put them down unless he becomes one himself.

But that's just conjecture at this point.

I've stayed away from all promo minus the very first teaser early this year

Iggy is right Clone Wars and Rebels makes it digestible. ButI remember being in middle school n still leaving dissappointed at the midnight screening when episode I dropped.

The animated series are actually pretty good though . Haven't read any of the books in ages though.

Trying not to buy any hype to avoid a letdown like last time though . But yes I'm giddy to see it restored to greatness

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #457 on: October 24, 2015, 07:03:37 AM »

I second this

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #458 on: October 24, 2015, 08:28:50 AM »
Nothing makes Episode 1 better. I feel bad for kids who experienced that as their first star wars.

I saw the original trilogy when I was about 5 or 6.  I think Episode I came out when I was 11.  I liked it, but not as much as the originals. 

There are some good parts.  It gets a lot of unnecessary hate because of Jar-Jar and the pod race.  Darth Maul is badass.  All of the lightsaber fights were great.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #459 on: October 24, 2015, 08:51:55 AM »
Just compare the trailers. Here's the one for Episode 1:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Os-RdIRfc
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #460 on: October 24, 2015, 10:17:52 AM »
I saw the original trilogy when I was about 5 or 6.  I think Episode I came out when I was 11.  I liked it, but not as much as the originals. 

There are some good parts.  It gets a lot of unnecessary hate because of DCM and the pod race.  Darth Maul is badass.  All of the lightsaber fights were great.

Fixed for you
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #461 on: October 24, 2015, 11:28:24 AM »

I meant the last 3, I wasn't a fan. I meant story order, chronological meant to me not episodes 4-5-6, which were the first movies and an order of magnitude better. They were real movies, good stories, acting and writing.

Honest I was not trolling, I wasn't adding anything but not trolling.

If I had known you meant 1-3 I wouldn't have thought you were trolling.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #462 on: October 25, 2015, 12:55:28 PM »
Just compare the trailers. Here's the one for Episode 1:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Os-RdIRfc

That trailer is god awful.  Holy excrement

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #463 on: October 25, 2015, 10:52:25 PM »
Watching that trailer they mentioned anger leads to suffering. They meant that movie is so phucking bad it was suffering watching that pice of crap.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #464 on: October 25, 2015, 10:53:22 PM »
If I had known you meant 1-3 I wouldn't have thought you were trolling.

Yeah no big deal.