Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108861 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: Star Wars
« Reply #435 on: October 23, 2015, 11:44:34 AM »

It's certainly a possibility, but if they're going to go with a storyline like that, I'd rather they stick with Starkiller clones and just say that they're made from Vader's DNA.

In fairness, according to Phantom Menace, Vader wouldn't even need to sexually impregnate someone. Though I'd love to see that, along with midichlorians, shitcanned.

Why would they use a non-canon storyline a year after making it a non-canon storyline?

I know it's very complicated to figure out what's in the canon any more since only the original six films and Clone Wars remain from everything produced before Disney.  7 things are a lot to wrap one's head around.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #436 on: October 23, 2015, 11:46:16 AM »

If the force is hereditary and Luke and Leia were the last ones, then it could also be Leia and Han's kid who turned to the dark side. Or Luke's son. Bunch of possibilities.

The force isn't necessarily hereditary, but it could certainly be their son.  It seems pretty straightforward that Luke is off hiding just like Yoda was, especially given that BB-8, Rey, and Han are all taking on roles similar to those in the first trilogy.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #437 on: October 23, 2015, 11:47:39 AM »

The force isn't necessarily hereditary, but it could certainly be their son.  It seems pretty straightforward that Luke is off hiding just like Yoda was, especially given that BB-8, Rey, and Han are all taking on roles similar to those in the first trilogy.

I really hope that's not the case. Like he ends up teaching the black guy how to use the force like Yoda to to Luke, or he teaches the girl who's more likely Leia and Han's kid.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #438 on: October 23, 2015, 11:56:50 AM »

I really hope that's not the case. Like he ends up teaching the black guy how to use the force like Yoda to to Luke, or he teaches the girl who's more likely Leia and Han's kid.

If the First Order rose up right after the Empire, Luke likely would have gone searching for other Jedi or potential Jedi.  If there's a full blown war on the last few, going into hiding could be a way for him to bide his time until some new ones arise.  Or he could be actively searching.

Either way, evil Luke would be a twist for the sake of a twist.  It would make absolutely no sense within the framework of Star Wars and could doom the new trilogy.  Luke is not Anakin.  At all.  It would be obscenely out of character.  Some idiots just want to say "Oh wow!" and don't give a freak about good storytelling.  It's Star Wars, not a shitty campfire story with a big reveal.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #439 on: October 23, 2015, 11:57:21 AM »
And he's bound to be more active than Yoda was.  He's not old.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #440 on: October 23, 2015, 12:00:25 PM »
Also he already brushed off the dark side when he very nearly entered it in the final fight between him and Vader.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #441 on: October 23, 2015, 12:02:25 PM »
Also he already brushed off the dark side when he very nearly entered it in the final fight between him and Vader.

Yeah, that's the whole thing.  He fulfilled what his father could not and resisted.  He redeemed his dad with his willingness to die rather than turn.  He's purely good.  Having him turn now would be the laziest storytelling of all the lazy storytelling.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #442 on: October 23, 2015, 12:12:27 PM »

Yeah, that's the whole thing.  He fulfilled what his father could not and resisted.  He redeemed his dad with his willingness to die rather than turn.  He's purely good.  Having him turn now would be the laziest storytelling of all the lazy storytelling.

Which makes the way Anakin turned that much worse. Fuckn prequels. Hey let me give up a lifetime of training and everything I believe in because of some vague promise that I can protect my wife from something I saw in a dream.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #443 on: October 23, 2015, 12:26:49 PM »
Which makes the way Anakin turned that much worse. Fuckn prequels. Hey let me give up a lifetime of training and everything I believe in because of some vague promise that I can protect my wife from something I saw in a dream.

Yeah, but Anakin had that anger and rebellious streak in him all through Ep 2 as well and through Clone Wars.  They even sensed it in Ep 1.  He was tiring of the Jedis rules and blind acceptance of fate all through multiple seasons and 2 movies.  It wasn't just Padme that turned him.  He was on his way there already.  The way of the Jedi was not everything he believed in, and a lot of what he did was tolerated because of the prophecy.  That's why Obi Wan is so upset and screams "But you were the Chosen One".  He knew what Anakin was, but he held blindly on to that hope right up until the end.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #444 on: October 23, 2015, 12:29:59 PM »
The first 3 (I don't mean chronologically) films really were crap.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #445 on: October 23, 2015, 12:58:15 PM »

Come on, this is a weak troll job even for you.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #446 on: October 23, 2015, 01:08:31 PM »
Come on, this is a weak troll job even for you.

Lol @ trolling.

Now that's trolling (look down)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 01:12:13 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #447 on: October 23, 2015, 01:32:50 PM »

1 and 2 are pretty bad, but that's on the writers.  3 was great.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #448 on: October 23, 2015, 03:43:42 PM »
Lol @ trolling.

Now that's trolling (look down)

1 and 2 are pretty bad, but that's on the writers.  3 was great.

I assumed he meant 'the first three' to mean IV - VI.  When he said 'not chronologically', I assumed it was in terms of the story.  I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #449 on: October 23, 2015, 06:02:57 PM »
I assumed he meant 'the first three' to mean IV - VI.  When he said 'not chronologically', I assumed it was in terms of the story.  I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

I meant the last 3, I wasn't a fan. I meant story order, chronological meant to me not episodes 4-5-6, which were the first movies and an order of magnitude better. They were real movies, good stories, acting and writing.

Honest I was not trolling, I wasn't adding anything but not trolling.