Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108955 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: Star Wars
« Reply #405 on: October 20, 2015, 12:41:02 PM »
That would be the easiest way for Disney to excrement on every Star Wars fan and their memories.  Terrible storytelling aside, Disney simply wouldn't do that.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #406 on: October 20, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »
With all due respect, Alio, I can't think of a worse theory.  Luke is as pure a Campbellian hero as it gets.  In the face of all the temptation in the world, he defies the Emperor and his own father and holds true to the light side of the Force.  He is the prophesied one who will bring balance.  He risks his life and is willing to die to show his father still has some humanity and goodness left in him.  He watches his father gain a small measure of redemption at the end of his life...

...and then he says lol freak it and decides to help his dad finish what he regretted doing to begin with?  That would be M Night levels of terrible.  It would be a twist for the sake of having a twist and nothing more.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #407 on: October 20, 2015, 02:38:09 PM »
We've already found out.  That's Adam Driver talking.  Not Mark Hamill.

Where did we find that out? (I hadn't seen or heard that, but I also have purposely avoided some information.)

With all due respect, Alio, I can't think of a worse theory.  Luke is as pure a Campbellian hero as it gets.  In the face of all the temptation in the world, he defies the Emperor and his own father and holds true to the light side of the Force.  He is the prophesied one who will bring balance.  He risks his life and is willing to die to show his father still has some humanity and goodness left in him.  He watches his father gain a small measure of redemption at the end of his life...

...and then he says lol freak it and decides to help his dad finish what he regretted doing to begin with?  That would be M Night levels of terrible.  It would be a twist for the sake of having a twist and nothing more.

Fair enough. As I said it was me just theorizing. Luke isn't shown on the poster, but he's credited. Luke is only seen for a brief flash in the trailer. We see a lot Ren.

Ren only says he aims to "finish what you started." That could be something as direct as "bringing balance to the Force."

That said, Luke could just be the next trilogy's Ben/Yoda. I don't know. Like I said, my theory is that he's Ren.

EDIT: Okay, so I just saw I'm not the only one who has this theory and it's being disputed in various places (I also just saw that Driver was previously announced as Kylo.)
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #408 on: October 20, 2015, 04:33:10 PM »
Just stop.  Random people on the internet also making a terrible theory doesn't make it any less of a terrible theory.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #409 on: October 20, 2015, 04:47:49 PM »
Han Solo is Keyser Soze!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #410 on: October 20, 2015, 05:52:56 PM »
Where did we find that out? (I hadn't seen or heard that, but I also have purposely avoided some information.)

I've seen other stuff with Driver in it.  I know what he sounds like. 

I've also known that he was Kylo Ren for almost a year. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #411 on: October 20, 2015, 06:20:00 PM »

He also did a photoshoot for Vanity Fair months ago that was all over the place with a photo of him as Kylo Ren and flanked by Snowtroopers.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #412 on: October 20, 2015, 06:29:36 PM »
He also did a photoshoot for Vanity Fair months ago that was all over the place with a photo of him as Kylo Ren and flanked by Snowtroopers.

With his freaking helmet off

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #413 on: October 20, 2015, 06:47:02 PM »

David Prowse is actually better known in the UK amongst a certain generation (i.e. mine) for being the Green Cross Code Man, which was a series of public commercials for teaching kids how to cross the road safely. Obviously we know he was Darth Vader, but we recognise him for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRUBMBi_lp4

This is interesting:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KQFho0_G1VI
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #414 on: October 21, 2015, 12:21:32 AM »
With his freaking helmet off

That's what I mean.  Everyone knew it was him at that point.  Or Luke Skywalker in a Mission Impossible style disguise!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #415 on: October 21, 2015, 02:06:00 PM »

My post was at 2:38PM. The edit was before anyone else even viewed the thread (since there's no "edited by/on" tag at the bottom) where I specifically said I had just seen that Driver was announced as Ren, as well as the fact that while others might have the same theory it was being widely disputed.

I was flat out saying I'd found information to dispute the post you chose to quote, and yet 3 and half hours later you disputed what I'd already written off.

That's what I mean.  Everyone knew it was him at that point.  Or Luke Skywalker in a Mission Impossible style disguise!

And no, not everyone knew. Clearly I wasn't the only one with the theory, so others certainly hadn't seen that either. I flatly stated that I've intentionally avoided information all along.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #416 on: October 21, 2015, 05:17:50 PM »
Jar Jar is Kylo Ren.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #417 on: October 21, 2015, 06:14:33 PM »

My post was at 2:38PM. The edit was before anyone else even viewed the thread (since there's no "edited by/on" tag at the bottom) where I specifically said I had just seen that Driver was announced as Ren, as well as the fact that while others might have the same theory it was being widely disputed.

I was flat out saying I'd found information to dispute the post you chose to quote, and yet 3 and half hours later you disputed what I'd already written off.

And no, not everyone knew. Clearly I wasn't the only one with the theory, so others certainly hadn't seen that either. I flatly stated that I've intentionally avoided information all along.

Generally, I like to actually have some information before making a theory about something.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #418 on: October 21, 2015, 06:36:21 PM »

That's what I do, baby. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #419 on: October 22, 2015, 10:01:53 AM »
****POSSIBLE SPOILERS****

This is just my theory, and I have nothing to base it on other than my own speculation, but I think Luke is in the poster, and is in far more of the final trailer than anyone realizes.

Luke wants to finish what his father started.

****End post****

Alio, tell them to freak off:

http://news.yahoo.com/star-wars-mark-hamill-thought-luke-turned-evil-125820633.html
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!