Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108913 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #390 on: October 19, 2015, 11:10:21 PM »
He's like the old guy that likes Chris on the Family Guy.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #391 on: October 20, 2015, 09:30:51 AM »
I'm hearing that this will be the last trailer they release, which is great news since it doesn't give much away at all.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #392 on: October 20, 2015, 10:00:52 AM »

I'm hearing that this will be the last trailer they release, which is great news since it doesn't give much away at all.

False.  It gives everything away.  We know who is going to die now.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #393 on: October 20, 2015, 10:11:13 AM »
The black stormtrooper ruins it for me
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #394 on: October 20, 2015, 10:21:35 AM »
The black stormtrooper ruins it for me

But Darth Vader was white underneath, they need the symmetry.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #395 on: October 20, 2015, 10:45:39 AM »
But Darth Vader was white underneath, they need the symmetry.

When I was in the fourth grade, the "actor" that walked around in the Darth Vader suit came to the mall in the city where we were living at the time.  He charged $20 per autograph. 

freaking Willow was there and he was signing excrement for free. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ignatius J Reilly

Star Wars
« Reply #396 on: October 20, 2015, 10:53:57 AM »
When I was in the fourth grade, the "actor" that walked around in the Darth Vader suit came to the mall in the city where we were living at the time.  He charged $20 per autograph. 

freaking Willow was there and he was signing excrement for free.

David Prowse acted in all three.  Every actor's response is to his voice, his cadences, and his performance.  His voice just wasn't right.  James Earl Jones didn't think he deserved credit just for voicing Vader in the first one, so he didn't allow it.  If anything, he's the one who did limited acting.  It wasn't like an animated feature where the actors occasionally react to each other in the same or adjacent booths.  He was the lone voice actor reacting to what he saw on film.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #397 on: October 20, 2015, 11:07:09 AM »
David Prowse acted in all three.  Every actor's response is to his voice, his cadences, and his performance.  His voice just wasn't right.  James Earl Jones didn't think he deserved credit just for voicing Vader in the first one, so he didn't allow it.  If anything, he's the one who did limited acting.  It wasn't like an animated feature where the actors occasionally react to each other in the same or adjacent booths.  He was the lone voice actor reacting to what he saw on film.

I saw a video of the original opening sequence with Prowse's voice instead of James Earl Jones'. It was... weird.

So did James Earl Jones just do the voice over for all three? Why didn't they just bring him in to wear the costume?
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #398 on: October 20, 2015, 11:09:35 AM »

I saw a video of the original opening sequence with Prowse's voice instead of James Earl Jones'. It was... weird.

So did James Earl Jones just do the voice over for all three? Why didn't they just bring him in to wear the costume?

Prowse's voice would never have been used, but he was a much more imposing figure, and he acted well enough for the cast to turn out good performances on screen with him.  Jones had the right voice but not the right on screen presence.  He also wasn't cast until after the first film was shot.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #399 on: October 20, 2015, 11:11:29 AM »

Prowse's voice would never have been used, but he was a much more imposing figure, and he acted well enough for the cast to turn out good performances on screen with him.  Jones had the right voice but not the right on screen presence.  He also wasn't cast until after the first film was shot.

Ah that makes sense. It's weird that during filming everyone is reacting to a voice other than Jones'.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #400 on: October 20, 2015, 11:18:44 AM »
David Prowse is actually better known in the UK amongst a certain generation (i.e. mine) for being the Green Cross Code Man, which was a series of public commercials for teaching kids how to cross the road safely. Obviously we know he was Darth Vader, but we recognise him for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRUBMBi_lp4
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #401 on: October 20, 2015, 11:26:38 AM »
****POSSIBLE SPOILERS****

This is just my theory, and I have nothing to base it on other than my own speculation, but I think Luke is in the poster, and is in far more of the final trailer than anyone realizes.

Luke wants to finish what his father started.

****End post****
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #402 on: October 20, 2015, 11:31:11 AM »
****POSSIBLE SPOILERS****

This is just my theory, and I have nothing to base it on other than my own speculation, but I think Luke is in the poster, and is in far more of the final trailer than anyone realizes.

Luke wants to finish what his father started.

****End post****

You are wrong. 

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #403 on: October 20, 2015, 11:35:19 AM »
You are wrong. 

I guess we'll find out soon.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #404 on: October 20, 2015, 11:54:25 AM »
I guess we'll find out soon.

We've already found out.  That's Adam Driver talking.  Not Mark Hamill.