Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108824 times)

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #330 on: August 27, 2015, 11:21:22 PM »
Why yes, I have felt it.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #331 on: August 28, 2015, 12:44:57 AM »
I knew he was to become a Jedi when I saw the costumes at Star Wars Celebration a few months ago and saw on the sketch for Finn with a lightsaber that was similar in design to Obi Wan's  Still, it's a bummer that they're releasing stuff like this in advance.  I wish the plot was more shrouded in mystery before the release.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #332 on: August 28, 2015, 01:39:57 PM »
I knew he was to become a Jedi when I saw the costumes at Star Wars Celebration a few months ago and saw on the sketch for Finn with a lightsaber that was similar in design to Obi Wan's  Still, it's a bummer that they're releasing stuff like this in advance.  I wish the plot was more shrouded in mystery before the release.

Yeah, I wish I had the willpower to resist checking every new scrap of footage they release.  When they showed that clip of Boyega looking panicked in the stormtrooper armor, I thought, "Oooh, that will probably be an interesting character arc."  Now I've seen it's likely conclusion. 

Action film marketers should have a rule that they can't show any footage from the third act of their film.  I remember being really freaking pissed that they put the last scene of Spiderman 2, (Franco finds the Green Goblin serum) in the trailer.  Such a waste of a good reveal. 

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #333 on: August 28, 2015, 01:54:24 PM »

Yeah, I wish I had the willpower to resist checking every new scrap of footage they release.  When they showed that clip of Boyega looking panicked in the stormtrooper armor, I thought, "Oooh, that will probably be an interesting character arc."  Now I've seen it's likely conclusion. 

Action film marketers should have a rule that they can't show any footage from the third act of their film.  I remember being really freaking pissed that they put the last scene of Spiderman 2, (Franco finds the Green Goblin serum) in the trailer.  Such a waste of a good reveal.

The trailer for "The Martian" pretty much gives up the entire movie. I hate how trailers have now become cliff notes of the actual films.
"Wrong!"

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #334 on: August 28, 2015, 01:55:51 PM »
I don't know why but I always had the impression that he was going to be the one Luke trained or whatever it is they're doing. Would have preferred to avoid it but one site I went to today had a still of it right on their main page.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #335 on: August 28, 2015, 01:58:38 PM »
I don't know why but I always had the impression that he was going to be the one Luke trained or whatever it is they're doing. Would have preferred to avoid it but one site I went to today had a still of it right on their main page.

Luke's going to be the new Yoda?  That is a pretty big reveal, though not entirely surprising.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #336 on: August 28, 2015, 02:00:25 PM »

I agree completely.  I thought I had some secret little insight when I went to Celebration (the sketch was half-hidden behind the costume and no one was looking at this little 8.5x11 sheet), but now it's just kind of "Hey, look who becomes a Jedi!"  Lame.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #337 on: August 28, 2015, 02:32:21 PM »
Luke's going to be the new Yoda?  That is a pretty big reveal, though not entirely surprising.

I don't know excrement. Just seemed like the voiceover in the second trailer was pointing that direction.

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #338 on: August 28, 2015, 03:35:25 PM »
I don't know excrement. Just seemed like the voiceover in the second trailer was pointing that direction.

I'm convinced he was talking to one of Han and Leia's kids in that voiceover.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #339 on: August 28, 2015, 04:06:58 PM »
You don't necessarily have to be a Jedi to wield a light saber. Maybe he just picked it up in a fight.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #340 on: August 28, 2015, 04:14:09 PM »
You don't necessarily have to be a Jedi to wield a light saber. Maybe he stole it.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #341 on: August 28, 2015, 04:19:15 PM »
Hahahahaha
"Wrong!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #342 on: August 28, 2015, 05:01:05 PM »
The trailer for "The Martian" pretty much gives up the entire movie.

Yeah, that was freaking ridiculous.  You would think that with recent movies like Star Wars, Star Trek, Interstellar, Gravity, etc., and the popularity of the book, and the likelihood that it will get good reviews, they could sell that movie with some suspenseful, minimal marketing.  I think the only thing I don't know about that movie after watching the trailer is what type of vegetable Matt Damon grows. 

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #343 on: August 28, 2015, 05:17:14 PM »
I'm convinced he was talking to one of Han and Leia's kids in that voiceover.

Maybe but they made the dialogue weird to hide that if it's true. He says something like "the force is strong in my family, my father had it, my sister had it... Blah blah."

I personally like the theory I saw that kylo ren is their kid.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #344 on: August 28, 2015, 05:31:11 PM »
Maybe but they made the dialogue weird to hide that if it's true. He says something like "the force is strong in my family, my father had it, my sister had it... Blah blah."

I personally like the theory I saw that kylo ren is their kid.

That would be awesome.