Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108970 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2015, 07:41:03 AM »
John Boyega is awesome.  Check out Attack the Block if you haven't already. 

Hahah sorry was just making an innocuous racial joke, it was not a commentary with regards to Boyega. I haven't seen the movie but will check it out.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2015, 08:45:29 AM »
Abrams might finally right the ship Lucas sailed into oblivion.

A lot of promise. Hope it meets the hype

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2015, 08:50:26 AM »
Abrams might finally right the ship Lucas sailed into oblivion.

A lot of promise. Hope it meets the hype

Holy excrement did Lucas freak that up. If they really get the next 3 correct, maybe thaey can revisit those 1-3 abortions. As much as Lucas should be commended for 4-6, I still want to punch him in the face for making me endure Jar Jar. I freaking hate him now.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2015, 08:53:47 AM »
Holy excrement did Lucas freak that up. If they really get the next 3 correct, maybe thaey can revisit those 1-3 abortions. As much as Lucas should be commended for 4-6, I still want to punch him in the face for making me endure Jar Jar. I freaking hate him now.

Sums it up

At Midnight I will kill George Lucas with a shovel
https://youtu.be/LDCjIjsZp_Y

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2015, 09:05:04 AM »

I hated the prequels until I watched the Clone Wars with my kids.  I don't mind them now, but the dialogue is so freaking terrible.  Lucas at the very least should have had a writing partner.

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2015, 09:08:50 AM »
I hated the prequels until I watched the Clone Wars with my kids.  I don't mind them now, but the dialogue is so freaking terrible.  Lucas at the very least should have had a writing partner.

Awful writing in addition to Hayden Christiansen really brought the second and third movies down. Those movies are a lot more decent if there's at least tolerable dialogue and a less shitty Anakin Skywalker.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2015, 09:11:25 AM »

The dialogue sounds like it was written by a 6 year old, I will agree. The prequels would have been great as silent movies.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2015, 09:13:00 AM »

Clone wars is pretty bad derriere. At the very least the series makes everything in episode 3 carry a lot more weight.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2015, 10:12:17 AM »

Awful writing in addition to Hayden Christiansen really brought the second and third movies down. Those movies are a lot more decent if there's at least tolerable dialogue and a less shitty Anakin Skywalker.

He was far worse in Ep 2.  The guy had zero to work with, but he's only an average actor to begin with.  I don't think anyone could have worked with the dialogue (look at Portman), but a better actor would have been passable.

As UKK a said, though, Clone Wars saves Ep 3 by a lot.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2015, 10:15:24 AM »
My five year old has a shaved head and so he told everyone yesterday that he was Captain Rex (from Clone Wars).  When someone pointed out that Captain Rex was a Clone Trooper not a Stormtrooper he said "you think a battle droid killed Rex?  He made it to be a Stormtrooper."

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2015, 10:59:57 AM »

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2015, 11:18:37 AM »
^Sae that this morning.  So good.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2015, 12:48:32 PM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2015, 12:52:18 PM »
yoooooo
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2015, 12:53:06 PM »
Looks like we can add that to Uncharted 4 and Arkham Knight as a reason to buy a PS4 this year.
A cross-dressing limey poofter