Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108933 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2015, 01:24:18 PM »
I just realized in a few years I'll be able to introduce my son to Star Wars.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2015, 01:39:24 PM »
Have you read the stuff that's been released for The Force Awakens?  It's going to be so awesome. 

As a kid, I was a HUGE fan of the original trilogy and then the Phantom Menace came out when I was in 5th grade.  I've been nerding the hell out over these new films.  JJ Abrams will do a great job.

It sounds like there will be at least three main villains in the first new film. 

I've kind of gone out of my way not to see anything. I'm pretty excited for these movies and I'm trying to avoid spoiling anything.

I did just see that there will be a SW trailer before Avengers though, so I'll certainly see that.

I'm not a JJ Abrams fan but I'm still really hopeful for these movies because I have a lot of faith in Disney.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2015, 01:41:04 PM »
I'm not a JJ Abrams fan but I'm still really hopeful for these movies because I have a lot of faith in Disney.

I know you don't like LOST, but you didn't like what he did with Star Trek either?
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2015, 01:42:50 PM »
I know you don't like LOST, but you didn't like what he did with Star Trek either?

Never bothered to watch it. I never liked Star Trek in the first place and again...JJ.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2015, 01:44:18 PM »
Never bothered to watch it. I never liked Star Trek in the first place and again...JJ.

I never cared about Star Trek, but those movies are really well-done and entertaining. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2015, 01:46:41 PM »
I think Alio would definitely like the JJ Trek movies.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2015, 02:03:56 PM »
My oldest keeps asking me to watch the JJ Trek movies. He agrees with you guys that they were really well done and that I'd probably like them.

But he also hates sports and wants to be a film major, so he's the polar opposite of me.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2015, 02:04:53 PM »
They're not artsy or ponderous. They're fun sci-fi action movies. Of all the Trek stuff I'm most familiar with TNG and it's nothing like that.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2015, 02:06:06 PM »
My oldest keeps asking me to watch the JJ Trek movies. He agrees with you guys that they were really well done and that I'd probably like them.

But he also hates sports and wants to be a film major, so he's the polar opposite of me.

I was like you.  No interest in Star Trek, didn't care for LOST (at the time, now I love it), and someone dragged me to see Star Trek in theaters.

It's just a fun, sci-fi film.  It didn't change my opinion on past Star Trek stuff, but the first two Star Trek films that Abrams made are awesome. 

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2015, 02:17:32 PM »
We got our tickets yesterday in the mail for Star Wars Celebration, and the guest list keeps growing.  Abrams and Kennedy and basically the whole initial cast aside from Ford and Guinness have an opening panel at 10 AM, so going to be getting there insanely early.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2015, 02:17:50 PM »
Yeah, that's basically how my son paints them. "Dad, you don't have to like Star Trek. You'll just like these movies." (He also desperately tries to get me to watch Breaking Bad.)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2015, 02:26:28 PM »
I absolutely hate Star Trek but the first JJ Abrams movie was pretty good. I have not seen the second.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2015, 07:45:06 PM »
Yeah, that's basically how my son paints them. "Dad, you don't have to like Star Trek. You'll just like these movies." (He also desperately tries to get me to watch Breaking Bad.)

He has good taste.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2015, 11:23:38 PM »
He has good taste.

Semi-good taste. The Abrams Star Trek movies are great and Alio will enjoy them. He should probably watch Breaking Bad simply because it has been a cultural phenomenon, but I'll bet I can find shows he'll enjoy more.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2015, 05:57:14 AM »
Semi-good taste. The Abrams Star Trek movies are great and Alio will enjoy them. He should probably watch Breaking Bad simply because it has been a cultural phenomenon, but I'll bet I can find shows he'll enjoy more.

Yeah, the acting on BB isn't quite on the level of Arrow or AoS.