Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108724 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #795 on: January 27, 2020, 12:38:28 PM »
I'm curious to see what Feige can do with the franchise. Bane and Revan are my two favorite Sith not named Vader.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #796 on: January 27, 2020, 01:04:15 PM »
Snoke sucked

Actually, all of the characters sucked
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #797 on: January 27, 2020, 01:26:34 PM »
I'm curious to see what Feige can do with the franchise. Bane and Revan are my two favorite Sith not named Vader.

https://www.techradar.com/news/a-new-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-is-reportedly-in-development

Apparently we're getting a reboot of Revan's story!

The revelation of who Revan was in the first KOTOR is one of the most insane game memories I can recall. I put the original KOTOR right up there with the original trilogy in terms of favorite Star Wars stuff.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #798 on: January 27, 2020, 01:33:59 PM »
https://www.techradar.com/news/a-new-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-is-reportedly-in-development

Apparently we're getting a reboot of Revan's story!

The revelation of who Revan was in the first KOTOR is one of the most insane game memories I can recall. I put the original KOTOR right up there with the original trilogy in terms of favorite Star Wars stuff.

The plot twist is one of my favorite moments in my entire gaming history.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #799 on: January 27, 2020, 10:03:37 PM »
You’ll get Palpatine.rev3 and you’ll like it
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #800 on: January 28, 2020, 09:52:04 PM »
JJ Abrams should have stayed the freak away from Star Wars.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #801 on: January 28, 2020, 11:08:21 PM »
Honestly the last trilogy was only marginally better than the abortion of the prequels. Which is saying something because the prequels sucked donkey dick.

I haven't seen the last film and not sure if I will. The best Star Wars flick since the originals, including prequels, is Rogue One. Not sure if that's a popular opinion or not and don't really give a freak.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #802 on: January 29, 2020, 12:49:43 PM »
Rogue One doesn't even count in my list of Star Wars movies. The only one I disliked more was that Attack of the Clones abortion.

Also, I agree JJ Abrams should probably have never worked on Star Wars, but whatever. Whether it was Rian Johnson or Abrams, it just should've been the same guy in charge the whole time. Johnson's trilogy will probably be good--as long as he gets to tell his own story from start to finish. That's the problem with the final Skywalker trilogy, two guys telling completely different stories at the same time.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #803 on: January 29, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »
Rogue One doesn't even count in my list of Star Wars movies. The only one I disliked more was that Attack of the Clones abortion.

Also, I agree JJ Abrams should probably have never worked on Star Wars, but whatever. Whether it was Rian Johnson or Abrams, it just should've been the same guy in charge the whole time. Johnson's trilogy will probably be good--as long as he gets to tell his own story from start to finish. That's the problem with the final Skywalker trilogy, two guys telling completely different stories at the same time.

Yeah it did seem like they were sending opposite messages in 1 and 2 versus 3. I wasn’t really into the direction it was going in the 1st 2 movies, but liked the character arcs for Rey and Kylo Ren in #3. I didn’t really care for either of them up until The Rise of Skywalker. All of the other plot details/characters throughout the trilogy were meh for me.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 12:55:33 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #804 on: January 29, 2020, 01:04:00 PM »
Yeah it did seem like they were sending opposite messages in 1 and 2 versus 3. I wasn’t really into the direction it was going in the 1st 2 movies, but liked the character arcs for Rey and Kylo Ren in #3. I didn’t really care for either of them up until The Rise of Skywalker. All of the other plot details/characters throughout the trilogy were meh for me.

I liked Rey and Kylo all the way through. And Leia (other than the Force Ghost Mary Poppins nonsense).

Hated what they did to Han and hated Luke's character in Ep.8 almost as much as I hate LOST.

I liked the comic relief between Poe and Finn, but both characters steadily declined throughout the trilogy. And I was okay with the fan service throughout.

Other than that, the Skywalker Saga deserved much better than this.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #805 on: December 04, 2020, 08:34:56 AM »
The Mandalorian is elite
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #806 on: December 04, 2020, 03:50:04 PM »
Me: Oh what a sweet and tender intro

Title Card: LOL!
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #807 on: December 10, 2020, 08:09:37 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.