Author Topic: 2020 Bowl SZN  (Read 19000 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: 2020 Bowl SZN
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2021, 09:52:53 PM »
They should go for an onsides kick. Probably won't be much of a surprise, but they can't stop them, might as well try to get the ball.

No, keep that geeky analytic excrement outta here
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2021, 09:56:18 PM »
@Rich Cimini
#Jets draft watch:

🔺DeVonta Smith: Has to be a consideration at 2. High for a WR, but he’s special.

🔻Justin Fields: Shaky first half. Doesn’t look like franchise QB. Not saying he won’t be good pro, but we’re talking about No. 2 pick.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2021, 09:56:55 PM »
@Rich Cimini
#Jets draft watch:

DeVonta Smith: Has to be a consideration at 2. High for a WR, but he’s special.

Justin Fields: Shaky first half. Doesn’t look like franchise QB. Not saying he won’t be good pro, but we’re talking about No. 2 pick.
The replies to this were fun

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2021, 10:00:05 PM »
I turned this game off after the last Alabama score to play Destroy All Humans. I regret nothing.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2021, 10:00:36 PM »
@Rich Cimini
#Jets draft watch:

🔺DeVonta Smith: Has to be a consideration at 2. High for a WR, but he’s special.

🔻Justin Fields: Shaky first half. Doesn’t look like franchise QB. Not saying he won’t be good pro, but we’re talking about No. 2 pick.

My only reservation is it's Alabama, they all look good there. These other guys are tearing it up too and this is the final. Was it Idzik or Macc who drafted ArDarius Stewart? The only bad Alabama WR ever.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2021, 10:42:32 PM »
Fields is actually not good
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2021, 10:44:22 PM »

Red zone was bad, no better than Sam.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2021, 10:51:43 PM »

See this is why I’m glad that we get a better post season sample size than just a single bowl game.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2021, 10:56:04 PM »
Was it Idzik or Macc who drafted ArDarius Stewart? The only bad Alabama WR ever.
  It was Macc in 2017. 

2016: 5-11
  2017: 5-11
  2018: 4-12
  2019:   7-9
  2020:  2-14

In the past 5 years, the Jets have played 80 games.   They've won 23 of them.   The New York Jet organization is a fucking disgrace!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2021, 10:57:00 PM »
The #2 pick is still the #2 pick, it's not all about QBs. There's a Heisman winner out there with 200 yards in the first half. With the #1 almost a done deal, it puts us in a good spot. Not to mention we also have #23 and #34.

Draft pick trade value is all about QBs

In my eyes the absolute best case scenario is the Jets trade out, and get one of the top 2 receivers in this draft

If there's not a QB that gets teams hot and horny about the second overall pick, it becomes exponentially less likely that that happens. And if it still does, it could be for much less than the bounty this team needs

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2021, 06:32:18 AM »
Draft pick trade value is all about QBs

In my eyes the absolute best case scenario is the Jets trade out, and get one of the top 2 receivers in this draft

If there's not a QB that gets teams hot and horny about the second overall pick, it becomes exponentially less likely that that happens. And if it still does, it could be for much less than the bounty this team needs

In that case you don't trade then, you take the best player that helps your team the most. At #2 your choice is anyone you want, and you still have #s 23 & 34 to use or package if you want to make a deal.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2021, 06:40:25 AM »
It is not a lock that Fields struggling hurt us

If a team liked both Fields and Wilson they could trade to 3 or possibly 4 to take whoever is left over

Now teams will have to trade directly with us if they want to guarantee they get Wilson

It all remains to be seen how this will play out
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2021, 04:06:44 PM »
It is not a lock that Fields struggling hurt us

It all remains to be seen how this will play out

I agree that Fields’ performance did nothing to hurt us, as he struggled about as much as any QB would have. Lawrence and Clemson would have been stomped in this game as well.
If Fields threw for 400 yds and 5 tds it would have moved the needle positively; if he threw 4 picks and looked absolutely inept it would have moved needle negatively....he did neither, so i assume the game would have little impact on JD’s view of him or his draft stock in general.
He made some impressive, pro-level throws, and he also (understandably) looked rattled against an elite team. Im cool with whatever Douglas/ new HC  decides with the Qb situation.

(Sidenote: we’re not taking Devonta Smith or a non-qb IF we stay at pick #2....keep that TGG silliness out of here. It would be an egregious mismanagement of our best draft asset. Hey, if im wrong then ive underestimated Douglas and I’ll buy everyone here an ice cream cone)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2021, 04:10:26 PM »
I agree that Fields’ performance did nothing to hurt us, as he struggled about as much as any QB would have. Lawrence and Clemson would have been stomped in this game as well.
If Fields threw for 400 yds and 5 tds it would have moved the needle positively; if he threw 4 picks and looked absolutely inept it would have moved needle negatively....he did neither, so i assume the game would have little impact on JD’s view of him or his draft stock in general.
He made some impressive, pro-level throws, and he also (understandably) looked rattled against an elite team. Im cool with whatever Douglas/ new HC  decides with the Qb situation.

(Sidenote: we’re not taking Devonta Smith or a non-qb IF we stay at pick #2....keep that TGG silliness out of here. It would be an egregious mismanagement of our best draft asset. Hey, if im wrong then ive underestimated Douglas and I’ll buy everyone here an ice cream cone)
Can't wait to enjoy that soft serve swirl in my new Penei Sewell jersey

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2021, 04:13:52 PM »

Completely agree. Fields isn't a perfect prospect at all, but there is plenty to work with, and if our offensive coaches think they can get the best out of his ability, let's go. Same with Wilson.

DeVonta Smith would be an awful pick at 2. I see Dolphins fans I know that are excited they could get him at 3. I hope they get him at 3. He's a very good prospect, but I would not take a skinny receiver that high in the draft, especially when JaMarr Chase is still a better prospect IMO.

Sewell I could maybe buy at 2, but it's a little tougher to swallow after drafting Becton last year. The positional value isn't what it normally would be.

Tags: