Author Topic: 2020 Bowl SZN  (Read 19001 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: 2020 Bowl SZN
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2021, 09:05:57 PM »
If we're not in love with Wilson, trading back with a team that's in love with Wilson/Fields and picking up one of these stud receivers is a pretty attractive alternative.

Heis had talked about Atlanta seemingly wanting to get up for a QB. If we could drop to 4 and then slide down to 8 with the Panthers that would be a hell of a haul of draft capital and we would right be in the sweet spot for playmakers
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2021, 09:14:07 PM »
Fields is absolutely worthy of a high pick. I'm fine with him or Wilson at 2. I can hear arguments for both guys (clearly, the arguments on this board are 100% Wilson). I'm also thrilled if we can trade down. The only thing that would pee me off is a non-QB at 2, assuming Fields and/or Wilson are considered elite prospects by the NFL like the are from analysts.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2021, 09:14:14 PM »
Fields better have a nasty second half

Him playing like excrement just kills our draft value

If he suffers some catastrophic injury then maybe you could argue our pick becomes worth more with teams having to bid for Wilson.

But Fields just sucking does us no favors

The #2 pick is still the #2 pick, it's not all about QBs. There's a Heisman winner out there with 200 yards in the first half. With the #1 almost a done deal, it puts us in a good spot. Not to mention we also have #23 and #34.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2021, 09:18:28 PM »
Nah. They'll just talk about the Clemson game to justify the pick

“His ribs hurt so much that he couldn’t read the defense!”
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2021, 09:19:29 PM »
Fields is absolutely worthy of a high pick. I'm fine with him or Wilson at 2. I can hear arguments for both guys (clearly, the arguments on this board are 100% Wilson). I'm also thrilled if we can trade down. The only thing that would pee me off is a non-QB at 2, assuming Fields and/or Wilson are considered elite prospects by the NFL like the are from analysts.

The only elite prospects in this draft are:

Trevor Lawrence
Penei Sewell
JaMarr Chase
DeVonta Smith
Patrick Surtain II

Wilson and Fields are not elite prospects.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2021, 09:20:41 PM »
What’s scary is that a healthy Jaylen Waddle might be better than DeVonta Smith...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2021, 09:23:23 PM »
The only elite prospects in this draft are:

Trevor Lawrence
Penei Sewell
JaMarr Chase
DeVonta Smith
Patrick Surtain II

Wilson and Fields are not elite prospects.
Fine. "Worthy of the #2 pick." In a vacuum, Sewell, Chase, Smith and Surtain might be better prospects at their positions than Wilson and Fields are at QB, but QB is so much more valuable.

Also, if we're ignoring positions, Kyle Pitts might be an elite prospect at TE as well.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2021, 09:25:04 PM »
What’s scary is that a healthy Jaylen Waddle might be better than DeVonta Smith...

Until the Waddle injury there was talk he could unseat Chase as WR #1. Then I was hopeful he might slide due to that injury so we’d have a shot at him with the Seattle pick, but that seems absurd to think about now.

I could see all 3 WRs go top 10 right now.

I really wonder how teams will evaluate guys who opted out this year. With the way Smith has balled out would anyone be surprised if he went ahead of Chase who hasn’t been seen in a year? Draft season this year will be bonkers
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2021, 09:33:34 PM »
Fine. "Worthy of the #2 pick." In a vacuum, Sewell, Chase, Smith and Surtain might be better prospects at their positions than Wilson and Fields are at QB, but QB is so much more valuable.

Also, if we're ignoring positions, Kyle Pitts might be an elite prospect at TE as well.

You have to take someone worthy of the pick when you're this high. It's not #12 or #5, it's #2. We can get anyone out there except Trevor Lawrence, don't blow it.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2021, 09:38:44 PM »
Get Waddle out of the game.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2021, 09:40:27 PM »
Get Waddle out of the game.

Remember that relief pitcher from UT Austin who everyone was praising for staying in that one game where he pitched over 100 pitches and puking on the mound and then all of the pro scouts took him off of their draft boards because his arm was shot? Yea...
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2021, 09:44:59 PM »
just said in the prospect thread like 45 min ago that I want to trade down and take Smith

pray we can just trade down to 5 with CAR

Fields and Wilson are not worth taking at 2 and I am always of the mindset you dont play games at QB.

I just cant take either of those at 2 with the amount of holes we have and think its the best long term use of that asset

get a bonafide blue chip WR, or even freaking Pitts or Surtain via trade down.

OT isnt big enough of a hole to get Sewell either imo. we target IOL at 23. and if we can actually get Thuney or IOL help in FA

get me Najee Harris at 23. (no he is not Derrick Henry. people want to make this assumption because they both have dreads imo lol) Harris is not as good as Henry. Harris is a better reciever though. which i like about his game,  but hes certainly worth it at 23 if we can solve a few holes with plug and play starters in FA.

I like Perrine and Johnson as rotation guys but we need elite talent.  im not married to the idea , because its contingent. if we strike out in FA then it goes right back to the best IOL on the board at 23 unless someone else falls.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2021, 09:45:29 PM »
Ohio State not dead yet.

They should go for an onsides kick. Probably won't be much of a surprise, but they can't stop them, might as well try to get the ball.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2021, 09:45:38 PM »
Comeback SZN

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2021, 09:51:01 PM »
before this game I was flirting with the idea of fields at 2 if we can get Daboll at HC and Dorsey at OC

I just see to much hesitation he gets away with because hes got a cannon and hes going against NCAA defenses. I see tons of INT's in his future

Any Urban Meyer offense (Ryan day is just running a slightly modified version) handicaps QB development. its 4 track stars with a screen or sideline throw. I watched if at Utah and almost every game at UF.

Alex Smith is the only QB he ever touched to do a freaking thing and that was after like 8 years, and Harbaugh, Roman, and Reid got their hands on him.

Fields is better than any of the OSU guys to ever come out, but that system alone scares me to death when trying to evaluate a QB. I see the hesitation and he even has chances to pull down and run for chunks and slide without risk he doesnt see because he trails a damn drag or out route and stares it down for like 2 whole seconds before looking elsewhere.

yes he throws an amazing deep ball, i will not deny that. between him and Wilson , i hate the idea of QB at 2.

and i actually like Wilson. just not THAT much .

Tags: