Author Topic: Bustin’ Fields Hype Train  (Read 24079 times)

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Justin Fields Hype Train
« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2021, 04:22:07 PM »

So that's why he can't read a defense

It's actually beause he was following Jameis "The W Eater" Winston's advice of not wearing glasses or getting lasik

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #271 on: April 22, 2021, 11:48:53 AM »
The real question continues to be how well Fields processes and sees the field, coming from an Ohio State offense that's designed to limit what the QB has to read and let him play fast. "He has to see it open," an AFC executive said. "I think you appreciate [Fields' game] more when you see him live, because it's just how he's built. And I think he'll work all f---ing day. But I don't think it's ever been demanded of him from the mental side of the game." Said a coach: "You've got to do your homework, because the fact of the matter is, he's just not being asked to (process) for a lot of things. But you talk to (Ohio State coach) Ryan Day, you talk to those guys out there, they'll tell you he absolutely can. And in the interview, I would tell you yes. There's going to be a learning curve, but I think he can do it, for sure." Several people brought up the struggles of past Ohio State QBs coming from the same system, though as one AFC GM put it: "It's not Fields' fault (Dwayne) Haskins was a [mess]." Fields' hands (9 1/8 inches) are on the smaller side, but big enough.

-Pelissero
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #272 on: April 22, 2021, 11:58:23 AM »
I only caught a bit of GMFB today, but Schrager was talking about how Mac Jones makes too much sense to the Niners for them not to draft him at 3. Add Schrager to the list of racists.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #273 on: April 22, 2021, 10:48:12 PM »
as a clinician that is not a neurologist but who's taken care of and managed patients with epilepsy who are suffering from breakthrough seizures, the main things i'd want to know about fields and his epilepsy are:

1 - how often he suffers from seizures, when was the last time he had a seizure or an episode of seizures, and what needs to be done to get them under control

2 - how many meds he is on for his epilepsy, and which meds they are. there are a distint couple of anti-epileptics that, when you see them being prescribed, you know that the neurologists are at a point where's it's more or less 'these seizures are hard as fvck to control, let's just start throwing the serious excrement against the wall and see if it sticks'

things as simple as stress or dehydration can lower the seizure threshold and cause breakthrough seizures. he already has a brain with epileptogenic foci and he is entering a high stress sport where he will suffer further brain damage. bad substrate

i'm starting to believe that the reason why fields is 'falling' is because teams found this out about him when they were running their medical checks. he did not have to bring this to light for the rest of the world to know so fair play to him, and this is a far more believable theory as to why he is falling than is the whole 'racist' bs.

i would still take a chance on a guy like fields over a 23 year old guy like tua who already has a geriatric hip, but i would not touch either with a premium top 5 pick for my franchise.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #274 on: April 22, 2021, 10:57:46 PM »
as a clinician that is not a neurologist but who's taken care of and managed patients with epilepsy who are suffering from breakthrough seizures, the main things i'd want to know about fields and his epilepsy are:

1 - how often he suffers from seizures, when was the last time he had a seizure or an episode of seizures, and what needs to be done to get them under control

2 - how many meds he is on for his epilepsy, and which meds they are. there are a distint couple of anti-epileptics that, when you see them being prescribed, you know that the neurologists are at a point where's it's more or less 'these seizures are hard as fvck to control, let's just start throwing the serious excrement against the wall and see if it sticks'

things as simple as stress or dehydration can lower the seizure threshold and cause breakthrough seizures. he already has a brain with epileptogenic foci and he is entering a high stress sport where he will suffer further brain damage. bad substrate

i'm starting to believe that the reason why fields is 'falling' is because teams found this out about him when they were running their medical checks. he did not have to bring this to light for the rest of the world to know so fair play to him, and this is a far more believable theory as to why he is falling than is the whole 'racist' bs.

i would still take a chance on a guy like fields over a 23 year old guy like tua who already has a geriatric hip, but i would not touch either with a premium top 5 pick for my franchise.

What effect could a concussion have on this condition?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #275 on: April 23, 2021, 05:00:02 AM »
If he is drafted by the Patriots, would the anal sex lower his seizure threshold?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #278 on: August 21, 2021, 08:24:11 PM »
I don't think he enjoyed that.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #279 on: August 21, 2021, 08:46:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1429168267550068738?s=1
Lolololol

lol

Saw the same thing and wondered (after all the Justin Fields ball-washing last week) how the media was going to force-feed their 2021 draft darling/narrative this week...or if "the game looked slow" to Fields as he got lit up on that blitz.   : )

« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 10:43:50 AM by delavan »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2021, 11:08:43 AM »
Justin Fields (32%) has the lowest percentage of passes to a receiver deemed open or wide open among 37 QBs with 25+ passes (PFF). No other QB is under 40%.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Bustin’ Fields Hype Train
« Reply #282 on: September 19, 2023, 12:01:11 AM »
Feels like that's more of a lolBears than anything else.

Kind of funny that the 2021 QB class was billed as an historic class, but the answer to Wilson vs Fields vs Lance appears to be none of the above.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Bustin’ Fields Hype Train
« Reply #283 on: September 19, 2023, 08:11:04 AM »
Feels like that's more of a lolBears than anything else.

Kind of funny that the 2021 QB class was billed as an historic class, but the answer to Wilson vs Fields vs Lance appears to be none of the above.

Here u go

https://x.com/jamesyoder/status/1703737182630940867?s=46&t=e6vm1ybQ4I7pEpNpNEkBkg

Full play

https://x.com/stuckey2/status/1703754693195829552?s=46&t=e6vm1ybQ4I7pEpNpNEkBkg

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: