Author Topic: 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics  (Read 2309 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
Re: 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2022, 04:25:00 PM »

No
No?  Then don't play the 'yellow peril' race card on my dime thank you.  Take as many shots at me for quoting Finnish and Polish athletes and coaches who called out the hosts on their bullshit all you'd like--fine--but at the same time please don't take it upon yourself to arbitrarily and disingenuously bring a racial component into the narrative when it's was never there. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2022, 04:31:06 PM »
Haven't watched a minute of this. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2022, 05:02:15 PM »

No?  Then don't play the 'yellow peril' race card on my dime thank you.  Take as many shots at me for quoting Finnish and Polish athletes and coaches who called out the hosts on their bullshit all you'd like--fine--but at the same time please don't take it upon yourself to arbitrarily and disingenuously bring a racial component into the narrative when it's was never there. 

Our constant media barrage of "China bad" absolutely has that component whether you feel it or not.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2022, 09:51:58 AM »

Our constant media barrage of "China bad" absolutely has that component whether you feel it or not.
Constant?  Barrage?  I quoted Finnish and Polish coaches/athletes.  You in turn have made a declarative statement in hyperbolic, absolutist terms to address what should be an interpretive assessment, i.e. if there's a "bash China" bent in the game's coverage, then to what extent?  And I say this because while I haven't watched all that much of it, I honestly haven't felt a "constant barrage" (as you put it) of announcers railing about human rights violations.  Granted, there have been calls for NBC (Comcast) to turn up the heat from posturing GOP lawmakers and yes, the WH decided not to send diplomats (yawn...who've missed them?) but the coverage has not been across-the-board Sino-bashing like you are insisting (whether I feel it or not-ha)  ; ). Hell even the not-so-GOP-friendly Wapo's sporting the following headline:

"NBC is nearly mum on China abuses in its wall-to-wall Olympics coverage
The network avoids mentions of diplomatic boycotts, human-rights abuses and questions about the host nation as it seeks to build an audience."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2022/02/15/nbc-olympics-china/

moving on: US men's hockey-ouch, US woman's hockey silver (congrats Canada although their comely captain Poulin #29 with a dirty Brad Marchandesque knee-to-knee trip).  Russia trots out their 15 year old whiz kid skater (on grandpa's heart meds) only to have her blink..

Team ice skating relay races: wtf is this haphazard clusterfuck-on-ice? 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2022, 09:56:00 AM »
I'm not reading all that but rest assured you're taking it too personally.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2022, 11:38:10 AM »
I'm not reading all that but rest assured you're taking it too personally.
"Nah, that's pride fuckin with you.  Fuckk pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps."

ons

• Chad Pennington

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2022, 05:11:16 PM »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2022, 06:12:52 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2022, 11:50:02 AM »
Ice dancing is not and will never be a sport.

Why denigrate an event where the top competitors are given hormone blockers as children to keep them essentially prepubescent through their teenage years so that they can destroy their bodies with inhuman amounts of torque and tension by the time they are retired at age 18? And where the results are so obscure and subjective that the entire process of winning the most prestigious of events is completely corruptible with absolutely no accountability? Outrageous.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis

Tags: