Author Topic: 2014 Free Agency  (Read 59846 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: 2014 Free Agency
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 03:47:45 PM »
I don't think he was suggesting we sign him.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »
I don't think he was suggesting we sign him.

I was just making sure because he is always wrong.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 03:54:42 PM »
I was just making sure because he is always wrong.

I personally guarantee we will sign him.  Today.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »
Two things

Appearing on ESPN's NFL Live Thursday, retired TE Tony Gonzalez left open the possibility that he'd sign with a contender for the "stretch run" in 2014.
Gonzalez insisted last month that he was "at peace" with his decision to retire, but the fact that he would even entertain such a hypothetical is proof that he's still not quite ready to call it a day for good. Gonzalez looked like a player who could play another two or three seasons in 2013, so this definitely won't be the last you hear about possible return scenarios. We've got a new Favre on our hands.

Id far and away imagine him going to New England or Denver, although a real possibility of finishing his career with the Chiefs (which would be pretty great to see)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2014, 07:24:22 PM »
Also people on here have mentioned wanting to see us sign Orakpo or Hardy.

Im curious what about Michael Bennett ?

He will be financially in the same ballpark, although probably  as good of a fit

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2014, 07:33:12 PM »
I thought the word was he'll likely be retained.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 09:31:48 PM »
I thought the word was he'll likely be retained.

He wants a big deal
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2014, 04:47:00 PM »
Chiefs released Dunta Robinson.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2014, 08:20:04 PM »
Vikings released LB Erin Henderson.
Henderson didn't have a bad 2013 season on the field, seeing action at both middle and strong-side linebacker, but has been arrested for DUI twice since November, and cutting him saves Minnesota $2.1 million in salary cap space. Look for Henderson to draw interest in free agency, perhaps from Tampa Bay. He's a scheme fit for Lovie Smith's defense and has lots of history with new Bucs defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier. Henderson turns 28 in July.
Falcons released CB Asante Samuel.
The writing was on the wall for this one. Samuel turned 33 last month and was relegated to backup duties at the end of the season so the Falcons could get looks at youngsters CBs Robert Alford and Desmond Trufant. The move clears over $4 million in 2014 cap space. Samuel is a four-time Pro Bowler, but his best days are obviously behind him. Pro Football Focus graded Samuel out as its No. 57 corner out of 110 qualifiers in 2013. Rotoworld ranks Samuel 15th among free agent cornerbacks, behind Terrell Thomas and DeAngelo Hall.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2014, 08:49:53 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/disappointing-myers-webster-longer-giants-article-1.1606467

On Friday, tight end Brandon Myers and corner Corey Webster saw their deals automatically voided. Myers had signed a four-year deal with the Giants last season with three voidable years. Webster, meanwhile, had one voidable year remaining on his contract. Those deals voided at 4 p.m. Friday.

The Giants had little reason to bring either player back. Myers arrived with plenty of promise, but he struggled throughout the season, catching just 47 passes for 522 yards, and he may forever be known for the pass he didn't catch in Chicago, when Eli Manning's deep throw was just out of his reach, resulting in an interception and sealing the sixth loss of the Giants' 0-6 start to the year.

Webster appeared in just four games thanks to a series of injuries, although he was supplanted by journeyman Trumaine McBride long before being placed on season-ending injured reserve in December. It marked a second straight season of coverage struggles for Webster, 31, who was once considered a lockdown corner.

Must be nice to consider a player with "just" 47 catches for 522 yards disappointing. Our leading receiver had 43 catches for 523 yards.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2014, 08:53:31 PM »
I'd take Brandon Myers in an instant.  He's not a special player, but he's solid. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2014, 07:21:36 AM »
I'd take Brandon Myers in an instant.  He's not a special player, but he's solid. 

Agreed!

Also I know Webster was solid a few years ago, I assume him being canned is a signal his play has dropped off significantly since then?
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2014, 04:15:03 PM »
Rapoport reckons Cincinnati will let Michael Johnson walk. Someone's going to give him a lot of money; I'm going to say Oakland.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2014, 04:18:05 PM »
ESPN New York expects free agent Eric Decker to command "No. 1" receiver-type money, or "at least" $9 million per year.
It's a pretty optimistic projection in a year where the incoming collegiate receiver group is considered incredibly deep. We'll say this for Decker: Greg Jennings landed a deal worth $9 million annually from the Vikings last offseason, and Decker is worth more than him. Still, if Decker is going to command that kind of money, receiver-needy teams would be savvy to exhaust all possible alternatives. He's a strong No. 2 wideout in the NFL, but does not tilt coverage.

According to the Boston Herald, there's "no chance" the Patriots place the franchise tag on free agent CB Aqib Talib.
The cornerback tag is worth around $11.25 million. Beat writer Jeff Howe expects New England to offer a roughly three-year, $21 million deal with incentives that could increase the max worth. The Pats clearly want Talib back. Coach Bill Belichick publicly defended Talib following the AFC Championship game loss, and losing Talib during the game dealt the defense a knockout blow.

rotoblurbbbb

Would be surprising if Talib left, but I think there's a shot someone overpays him.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2014, 04:39:31 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/disappointing-myers-webster-longer-giants-article-1.1606467

Must be nice to consider a player with "just" 47 catches for 522 yards disappointing. Our leading receiver had 43 catches for 523 yards.

According to Cimini that ranks Kerley (the guy with 43 catches) 94th for receptions.

Id say thats pretty freaking disappointing by all standards.

Especially since they gave him a 4 year 14 million$ contract, which is middle of the pack money for a TE