Author Topic: 2020-21 NBA Season  (Read 10428 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: 2020-21 NBA Season
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2021, 05:10:47 PM »
simmons is done in philly

you have to believe morey makes a big run at dame during the offsesaon. simmons has no trade value anymore; it might be maxey/thybulle and a ton of draft picks for dame or any actual perimeter scoring threat this offseason

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2021, 10:20:04 PM »
simmons is done in philly

you have to believe morey makes a big run at dame during the offsesaon. simmons has no trade value anymore; it might be maxey/thybulle and a ton of draft picks for dame or any actual perimeter scoring threat this offseason
I would hate that.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2021, 11:09:34 PM »
McCollum and Lavine are more of the level of Simmoms' trade value at this point.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2021, 01:48:41 PM »
McCollum and Lavine are more of the level of Simmoms' trade value at this point.

his trade value is in the shitter loool. i don't think a deal centered around simmons brings them anywhere near either player. lavine is absolutely legit and still one of the more underrated players in the league

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2021, 01:54:36 PM »
SI reckons that the Raptors are one of the likeliest destinations for Simmons. I've not been following closely enough this season to know what's gone wrong, but I have every confidence in the Raps' coaching staff.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2021, 05:30:54 PM »
SI reckons that the Raptors are one of the likeliest destinations for Simmons. I've not been following closely enough this season to know what's gone wrong, but I have every confidence in the Raps' coaching staff.

i have confidence in the raps' staff as well, but i still don't know if i take a shot at simmons unless it comes dirt cheap

dude is done in the head. passing up that dunk attempt on trae only to have thybulle get hacked on a dunk attempt by gallinari and collins was one of the most inexplicable plays i have ever witnessed, and i've been doing this for 24-25 years lol. whether it was him over-thinking it or a split reactionary play i honestly cannot say, but either way it bodes very badly for him

dudes been in the league for 5 years and his shot has not improved at all. it's not something that's snuck up on him, it's been a known problem that entire time, and he still literally just does not shoot. he's paid to play basketball. there is no excusing this. idk if you can reverse that sort of fear or paranoia, or if it's just he doesn't care enough to practice his shot and start shooting, or if he thinks it's not a problem at all. but whatever it is, it's not good, and he's getting paid a ton to be a very incomplete player that went completely invisible when his team needed him most

he only took, what, 2 FGs in the 4th quarter the entire series? LOL. how do you explain that?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2021, 05:34:03 PM »
i have confidence in the raps' staff as well, but i still don't know if i take a shot at simmons unless it comes dirt cheap

dude is done in the head. passing up that dunk attempt on trae only to have thybulle get hacked on a dunk attempt by gallinari and collins was one of the most inexplicable plays i have ever witnessed, and i've been doing this for 24-25 years lol. whether it was him over-thinking it or a split reactionary play i honestly cannot say, but either way it bodes very badly for him

dudes been in the league for 5 years and his shot has not improved at all. it's not something that's snuck up on him, it's been a known problem that entire time, and he still literally just does not shoot. he's paid to play basketball. there is no excusing this. idk if you can reverse that sort of fear or paranoia, or if it's just he doesn't care enough to practice his shot and start shooting, or if he thinks it's not a problem at all. but whatever it is, it's not good, and he's getting paid a ton to be a very incomplete player that went completely invisible when his team needed him most

he only took, what, 2 FGs in the 4th quarter the entire series? LOL. how do you explain that?

I don't, I have the relative basketball IQ of a 5 year old compared to most of you so I wouldn't presume to disagree. I just feel like a guy who was drafted 1OA and then earned a max deal, who plays great defense, is 24 years old, and is apparently too hooked into his brother as some kind of coach, is probably reclaimable by the right organisation.

Mind you, it's a massive risk to take with that contract because if the next place he goes can't fix him then they're well and truly stuck with it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2021, 03:36:00 PM »
Ime Udoka named new coach of the Celtics.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2021, 08:02:12 PM »
his trade value is in the shitter loool. i don't think a deal centered around simmons brings them anywhere near either player. lavine is absolutely legit and still one of the more underrated players in the league
Well, the only way your package works is if Simmons' contract is involved. I thought you were proposing a Simmons/Lillard trade.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2021, 08:57:28 PM »
Well, the only way your package works is if Simmons' contract is involved. I thought you were proposing a Simmons/Lillard trade.

simmons will have to be moved for sure so that the money would work, but i think ultimately it becomes a '3 team trade' in a sense. simmons should be moved for whatever assets they can get, and they should take those + picks + one of maxey or thybulle for a perimeter scoring threat.

earlier in the year there was talk of how they could possibly dangle a guy like simmons for somebody like harden. i think even after the first couple of games in the atlanta series there was still talk of 'well, IF the sixers lose and IF they're going to bail on simmons, they can use him to try and get somebody like lillard'. it's crazy how in a matter of months (days when taking into account what happened in the playoffs) simmons has done enough to tank his value to the point where he doesn't get them anywhere close to a player like harden/lillard

what stephen a smith said on first take from one of his guys within the philly organization about simmons was pretty damning. you can tell the guy totally cares most of all about look/image and that's the reason why he's afraid to shoot -- he's scared of what it would have done to his image. i always fcking wondered why the guy doesn't speak with an australian accent and it's totally obvious now, since coming to lsu/america the guy is totally faking an american accent because he was more concerned about his image than he was about working on the weakest part of his game

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2021, 10:29:14 PM »
freak Trae Young
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2021, 08:22:17 AM »
freak Trae Young
We can root against him in the Finals

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2021, 09:35:32 AM »
To win the title would be the ultimate redemption. It would be a middle finger to everyone. You know which finger I’d wear the ring on. »DeMarcus Cousins

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2021, 07:27:25 AM »

Tags: