Author Topic: Come on, man: President Joe Biden  (Read 109731 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Come on, man: President Joe Biden
« on: November 07, 2020, 12:56:10 PM »
Because now he is President-Elect he deserves his own thread for what happens under his watch.

First things first, please:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-environment-legacy/rolling-back-trumps-rollbacks-biden-seen-reversing-climate-deregulation-idUSKBN27N0PR

The moves that Trump has made not just to ignore climate change, but to deliberately hasten it, have to be undone as a matter of immediate priority IMO.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Come on, man: President Joe Biden
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 12:57:58 PM »
Contain covid first...then climate
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 01:04:08 PM »
Because now he is President-Elect he deserves his own thread for what happens under his watch.

First things first, please:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-environment-legacy/rolling-back-trumps-rollbacks-biden-seen-reversing-climate-deregulation-idUSKBN27N0PR

The moves that Trump has made not just to ignore climate change, but to deliberately hasten it, have to be undone as a matter of immediate priority IMO.
While Biden has promised to end new permitting for drilling on federal lands, many companies hoarded permits in the run-up to the election, according to previous Reuters reporting.
“If there is a 30-year lease, you can’t take it away. A lease is binding for its term,” Gerrard said.

The Interior Department under Trump auctioned more than 24 million acres of land, an area larger than Indiana, according to the House Natural Resources committee.

Damn, I had no idea it was that much.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 01:11:44 PM »
Damn, I had no idea it was that much.

Grifters gonna grift.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 01:15:26 PM »
Contain covid first...then climate

Starting Jan 21 we can handle both.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 01:40:37 PM »
Much of Trump's enviro-protecting rollbacks were via executive order - can't much could be restored in fairly short order?  And if nothing other than for reasons of political expediency, watch some GOP members of the Senate read the tealeaves (i.e. doubt enviro-related motions will be 100% split along party lines). They can sell energy independence all they want but that ship will eventually sail if it's attached to "scarring the landscape"

*cue wildlife visual PSA ads* 

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 04:13:09 PM »
Much of Trump's enviro-protecting rollbacks were via executive order - can't much could be restored in fairly short order?  And if nothing other than for reasons of political expediency, watch some GOP members of the Senate read the tealeaves (i.e. doubt enviro-related motions will be 100% split along party lines). They can sell energy independence all they want but that ship will eventually sail if it's attached to "scarring the landscape"

*cue wildlife visual PSA ads* 

Renewable resources are a great way to promote new jobs or transition from older resource jobs. This shouldn’t be too difficult a sell based solely on merits.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 04:30:36 PM »
Renewable resources are a great way to promote new jobs or transition from older resource jobs. This shouldn’t be too difficult a sell based solely on merits.
Many ways to skin a cat, my point being that whether through environmental consciousness or the promise of jobs, the scarring-the-landscape ship's eventually going to be yesterday's news.  Now to make renewables viable scale-wise. 

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 05:00:30 PM »
Starting Jan 21 we can handle both.

Locating the parents of 545 children should probably be fairly high on the priority list as well.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 05:01:52 PM »
Locating the parents of 545 children should probably be fairly high on the priority list as well.

It should be the last thing ICE ever does.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 05:16:27 PM »
As someone who has had to pay every cent of their student loans since graduating, good.https://twitter.com/coryprovost/status/1325202774578122754?s=09

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 05:23:44 PM »
As someone who has had to pay every cent of their student loans since graduating, good.https://twitter.com/coryprovost/status/1325202774578122754?s=09

Pish. Student debt is for people stupid enough to be born to parents too poor to cover their bills. They should pay every penny.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2020, 05:30:14 PM »
It should be the last thing ICE ever does.
"Best we can do is rename it NICE"

(I will be reusing this for at least 4 years)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2020, 05:42:21 PM »
This sucks (and does nothing to dispel the notion that the party is just a nepotistic vehicle for people to fail upwards)

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1325162772720545792?s=19
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:43:58 PM by Badger »

Tags: