Author Topic: Colts smoke Jets 36-7  (Read 3796 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Colts smoke Jets 36-7
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2020, 11:26:19 PM »
You keep posting about how shitty our offense is but at the same time making fun of the fact anyone would have the gall to also look at the quarterback. He threw more touchdowns to the other team than his own team.

On the list of things wrong with this team during the 0-3 start, Sam isn't in the top 5. But he is 100% on the list and arguing otherwise is burying your head in the sand.
The quarterback's problems are the creation of the coaching staff, and the coaching staff exist because of the ownership.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2020, 11:32:22 PM »
The quarterback's problems are the creation of the coaching staff, and the coaching staff exist because of the ownership.
So Sam isn't going to make ill-advised decisions and inaccurate throws anymore once Gase is fired?

Sam isn't 10 years old. He is an adult. He can take some responsibility too. And he has been at press conferences.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2020, 01:01:57 AM »
Just watched the game. Treating this as my game thread.

First two drives: 2nd and 8 rushes with Gore. Don't like it. Gase is hellbent on getting in 3rd and manageable, and yes, that's good, but it's better to try to get the 1st down twice rather than rely on execution on 3rd down every time.

Really hope I don't have to watch Lawrence Cager much more. Darnold's first pick-six wasn't great, but you'd like the receiver to make more of a play on the ball or on the defender.

I have no interest in watching Frank Gore play. Perine and Ballage clearly have better burst. Gore isn't here long-term. Gore should not be getting 15 carries. I respect that he always seems to get positive yards, but Perine and Ballage need to get the RB carries sooner rather than later until Bell gets back. Gore may be better, but 9

Darnold's mobility can be a double-edged sword. He thought he could juke the defender and took an 11-yard sack rather than throw the ball away on 2nd down to kill a drive. That said, I'm more willing to accept a mistake like that than I am a turnover on the move.

Maybe Douglas was smart to take a punter considering how often we use him this season.

Rivers has all day to throw.

This game is frustrating. Offense actually looked promising in the 1st half, but the drives were derailed by two interceptions, an 11-yard sack, and a holding penalty.

Darnold had two inaccurate throws in the 1st half that were really bad. He had Hogan wide open on an early drive for a 20-yard gain and threw it behind him. He also was way behind Herndon on a 2nd and 9 at the end of the half which would have been a 1st down and not given the Colts a FG opportunity at the end of the half.

Catch the ball, Griffin. Useless.

Run defense isn't nearly as good as last year, but it's still good overall. The pass defense is a disaster. I rarely hear Bless Austin's name, which is a good thing for him.

Even though they were down 10, it felt like the Jets were in the game and competitive right up until the Griffin drop and Colts ensuing drive. Take away Darnold's two picks (or even one of them), and it's a whole new game.

This could have been a winnable game, but Darnold's interception put us down early, and we have a low margin for error. A couple other untimely penalties/sacks/drops/inaccurate throws crushed us. I thought the offense looked the best all season for the first three quarters, which is admittedly an extremely low bar. Didn't watch the 4th quarter.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 01:13:12 AM by Derek Smalls »

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2020, 06:26:58 AM »
Just watched the game. Treating this as my game thread.

First two drives: 2nd and 8 rushes with Gore. Don't like it. Gase is hellbent on getting in 3rd and manageable, and yes, that's good, but it's better to try to get the 1st down twice rather than rely on execution on 3rd down every time.

Really hope I don't have to watch Lawrence Cager much more. Darnold's first pick-six wasn't great, but you'd like the receiver to make more of a play on the ball or on the defender.

I have no interest in watching Frank Gore play. Perine and Ballage clearly have better burst. Gore isn't here long-term. Gore should not be getting 15 carries. I respect that he always seems to get positive yards, but Perine and Ballage need to get the RB carries sooner rather than later until Bell gets back. Gore may be better, but 9

Darnold's mobility can be a double-edged sword. He thought he could juke the defender and took an 11-yard sack rather than throw the ball away on 2nd down to kill a drive. That said, I'm more willing to accept a mistake like that than I am a turnover on the move.

Maybe Douglas was smart to take a punter considering how often we use him this season.

Rivers has all day to throw.

This game is frustrating. Offense actually looked promising in the 1st half, but the drives were derailed by two interceptions, an 11-yard sack, and a holding penalty.

Darnold had two inaccurate throws in the 1st half that were really bad. He had Hogan wide open on an early drive for a 20-yard gain and threw it behind him. He also was way behind Herndon on a 2nd and 9 at the end of the half which would have been a 1st down and not given the Colts a FG opportunity at the end of the half.

Catch the ball, Griffin. Useless.

Run defense isn't nearly as good as last year, but it's still good overall. The pass defense is a disaster. I rarely hear Bless Austin's name, which is a good thing for him.

Even though they were down 10, it felt like the Jets were in the game and competitive right up until the Griffin drop and Colts ensuing drive. Take away Darnold's two picks (or even one of them), and it's a whole new game.

This could have been a winnable game, but Darnold's interception put us down early, and we have a low margin for error. A couple other untimely penalties/sacks/drops/inaccurate throws crushed us. I thought the offense looked the best all season for the first three quarters, which is admittedly an extremely low bar. Didn't watch the 4th quarter.

Enough said.
I can't remeber being so utterly bereft of any hope watching the Jets as I do now.
0-16 is on.
I was so angry I turned over to red zone and it made feel worse watcing " Big Cat " in a Giants uniform flying about.

I think Gaze might be gone by the weekend. Thank freak!
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2020, 03:17:28 PM »
https://twitter.com/backaftathis/status/1310655599663894529?s=21

You be the judge:
https://twitter.com/pff_fantasy/status/1310338689675997191?s=21

I dunno, I'm seeing a Marcus Williams-level whiff but I don't see anything glaringly intentional.  Taylor doesn't hit the hole like McDougald expected and instead jump cuts into the tackle.  Boomer's suggesting that BM intentionally missed to validate his comments about practice?  That seems farfetched.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2020, 03:33:50 PM »
Gase is paying Boomer.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2020, 03:35:15 PM »
I dunno, I'm seeing a Marcus Williams-level whiff but I don't see anything glaringly intentional.  Taylor doesn't hit the hole like McDougald expected and instead jump cuts into the tackle.  Boomer's suggesting that BM intentionally missed to validate his comments about practice?  That seems farfetched.

Boomer said he closed his eyes and dove away from contact.

I can’t see McDougalds eyes and I have no clue how anyone can. He also dives straight from what I’m seeing, Taylor cut and McDougald got beat, badly.

Now that excrement happens when you dive with your head down, throwing a shoulder at a guy. Why isn’t he wrapping up? I have no idea, but neither is basically anybody else either.
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2020, 03:38:00 PM »
Boomer said he closed his eyes and dove away from contact.

I can’t see McDougalds eyes and I have no clue how anyone can. He also dives straight from what I’m seeing, Taylor cut and McDougald got beat, badly.

Now that excrement happens when you dive with your head down, throwing a shoulder at a guy. Why isn’t he wrapping up? I have no idea, but neither is basically anybody else either.

Failure to wrap up in the tackle drives me mad. Poole did it yesterday on a big open field tackle that worked, but the runner could have quite feasibly bounced off the hit and there was no reason at all not to use his arms that I can see. I've only ever played rugby where a wrap tackle is pretty much the only acceptable form, but I've never worn pads - do they make it more difficult to use your arms to tackle round mid thigh?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2020, 03:39:42 PM »
Failure to wrap up in the tackle drives me mad. Poole did it yesterday on a big open field tackle that worked, but the runner could have quite feasibly bounced off the hit and there was no reason at all not to use his arms that I can see. I've only ever played rugby where a wrap tackle is pretty much the only acceptable form, but I've never worn pads - do they make it more difficult to use your arms to tackle round mid thigh?

Speaking as someone who hasn’t played since high school, but not really.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2020, 05:35:11 PM »
Yeah, I don't see what Boomer claims to see

I see an awful whiff by a guy who had a big mouth last week, nothing more, nothing less
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2020, 08:50:59 PM »
Boomer talking out of his derriere is nothing new.

Tags: