Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 76413 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2020, 05:29:34 PM »
I thought our continuity on defense would give us a chance to have a strong unit. The Adams loss hurts obviously, but the rest of the unit is basically the same.

Losing Adams shouldn’t account for the tackling issues.

We’re returning a lot of the same players and Bounty Gegg is still there. To me the signs are pointing to the players not wanting to play for this organization.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2020, 05:32:46 PM »
I think Gregg could get more out of the team short term, but Douglas and Johnson need to rid themselves of this mess if things continue down this path.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2020, 05:32:58 PM »
The Buffalo game I thought they hung in after a bad start and were on the field a long time. Not that they played great but they got some turnovers and some bad calls.

Yesterday, obviously the first half was terrible. According to the radio there was a bad call that extended the 49ers drive on 3rd down going into the half. We've had a few penalties extend drives when we should have been getting off the field.Second half I have no idea, gave up 10 vs the backup QB. 
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2020, 05:37:58 PM »
The Buffalo game I thought they hung in after a bad start and were on the field a long time. Not that they played great but they got some turnovers and some bad calls.

Yesterday, obviously the first half was terrible. According to the radio there was a bad call that extended the 49ers drive on 3rd down going into the half. We've had a few penalties extend drives when we should have been getting off the field.Second half I have no idea, gave up 10 vs the backup QB. 

Our linebackers are slow footed and slow to diagnose.  We have a non-existent pass rush (again) aside from Quinnen, who flashed against San Francisco. 

The secondary has been awful.  Maye was all over the place in Week 1, but really struggled against the run and pass in Week 2.  Shanahan and McDaniel really attacked the edge of our defense and put the safeties in the alley.  Not a good look for us. 

Even if Mosley comes back strong in 2021, ILB is a significant need for us.  We have so much money invested into that position and it's still so bad.  We need help everywhere but on the defensive line. 

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2020, 05:52:23 PM »
id be willing to put so much money on mosley being a shell of his former self after 2 full years of non-football contact, a groin injury, and a vegan diet. so much fvckin money there

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

insanity

• Shaun Ellis

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2020, 09:13:34 AM »
New low point in the season every day seems like
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2020, 09:44:53 AM »
New low point in the season every day seems like

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2020, 09:49:48 AM »
lol

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2020, 12:05:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1308752049140621312?s=20

At this point, the only reason I can think of to keep Gase around, if I can really stretch the logic of Lane Kiffin here, is to show potential hires during the offseason that we won't be too quick to fire the next HC given the lack of talent on the roster.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2020, 12:36:41 PM »
At this point, the only reason I can think of to keep Gase around, if I can really stretch the logic of Lane Kiffin here, is to show potential hires during the offseason that we won't be too quick to fire the next HC given the lack of talent on the roster.

Pretty sure that any coach who we might consider to be actually qualified to be an NFL HC would not consider the firing of Adam Gase to be premature.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2020, 10:04:12 PM »
From 2015-18, Jim Bob Cooter's Lions scored on 36.8% of their drives, 9th-best over that span

Ranks of Gase teams in scoring % since 2016: 25th, 29th, 29th, 32nd, 31st

My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2020, 07:45:39 AM »

What a waste of 2 years. I know many would have been happy with Cooter before Gase was hired, and here we are again, after another failed experiment.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2020, 02:35:58 PM »
Arthur Smith definitely on the short list.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2020/09/25/why-arthur-smith-is-the-perfect-head-coach-candidate-for-the-new-york-jets-in-2021/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

It's really difficult for me to look at any moderately successful assistant coach right now and think, "No, not him."  Everyone's an upgrade. 

Tags: