Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 75931 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2020, 08:08:16 AM »
I don't care about the HC's background so long as they don't treat the offense as someone else's job (Rex, Bowles) and go with a revolving door of offensive coordinators.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2020, 08:12:51 AM »
Last time I checked, Joe Douglas was making draft selections.  Not whoever the head coach is. 

Sure, but I'm also assuming that if Joe Douglas is bringing in his own HC, he will trust and value his opinions.

Sure it's unlikely to be as dysfunctional as my example, but surely there will be a level of influence and capicity to skew things at least.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2020, 08:30:36 AM »
Sure, but I'm also assuming that if Joe Douglas is bringing in his own HC, he will trust and value his opinions.

Sure it's unlikely to be as dysfunctional as my example, but surely there will be a level of influence and capicity to skew things at least.

I feel like you’ve disproved your own worst case scenario in the post itself.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 08:34:29 AM »

You also need to remember that our franchise has the dysfunctional pecking order where the coach and GM are essentially peers and both report to the moronic Johnson bros.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 09:46:08 AM »
Last time I checked, Joe Douglas was making draft selections.  Not whoever the head coach is. 

My problem is, and this could be a uniquely Jets problem, but we've had so many defensively-minded HCs and they always influence the roster too far on "their" side of the ball.

I just want a HC that recognizes that this league is currently designed to heavily favor offense
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 11:35:56 AM »
Eric Bieniemy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F0HGwqMRBg

Oklahoma's season-opener's this Saturday so forget Lincoln Riley

Out of left field if his heart's (literally) up for it (edit: just throwing it out there) ...

« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 11:43:33 AM by delavan »

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2020, 01:08:12 PM »
My top 3 criteria
1.  Experience coaching an entire team
2.  Leadership (motivating and delegating)
3.  Game management

I don't care where his experience comes from but I want a coach with a ton of experience.  I don't believe a coach should be an in game play allergic, he needs to have a pulse on the whole team and help everyone improve.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2020, 01:29:48 PM »
What if I told you there was...
...an offensive-minded coach
...who has proven he can beat the Patriots, both in the playoffs and recently
...who is leading one of the best offenses in the NFL
...who has had a ton of experience as an offensive coordinator
...who is the son of an NFL coach
...who has ties to the New York Jets

Head Coach Brian Schottenheimer
Defensive Coordinator Rex Ryan

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2020, 01:38:03 PM »
freak no. russell wilson and that offense were doing fine way before schotty came there. we don't need another retarded OC buoyed up by an all-timeQB

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2020, 01:58:08 PM »
I am 100% in on Bieniemy. 

I'm a big Andy Reid fan, always have been.  If Bieniemy brings nothing else to the table, he would still be installing a system that has been at least marginally successful with just about every quarterback its ever featured.  I'm talking Kevin-Kolb-is-an-NFL-quarterback successful.  I can't believe that Bieniemy hasn't absorbed at least a little bit of Reid's approach to developing quarterbacks.

Also, Reid is almost universally respected within the NFL.  That's absurdly rare.  That's why I think Reid's coaching tree has been more successful than someone like Belichick's.  Every single coach off of Belichick's tree has inherited his absolute cuntiness and tried to replicate that culture - none have been successful on the NFL level.  Reid has John Harbaugh, who is respected by his team and has won a ring.  Reid has Doug Pederson, who is respected by his team and has won a ring.  Reid has Sean McDermott who, whatever you have to say about him this early in his career, clearly has put his young quarterback in the best possible position to be successful.  I don't know why you wouldn't want to take a chance on a branch from that tree, especially when you're talking about Reid's most overwhelmingly successful assistant to date.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2020, 02:02:38 PM »
Mike McDaniel
Arthur Smith
Eric Bieniemy
Robert Saleh
Byron Leftwich
Nick Siranni
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2020, 02:04:54 PM »
I am 100% in on Bieniemy. 

I'm a big Andy Reid fan, always have been.  If Bieniemy brings nothing else to the table, he would still be installing a system that has been at least marginally successful with just about every quarterback its ever featured.  I'm talking Kevin-Kolb-is-an-NFL-quarterback successful.  I can't believe that Bieniemy hasn't absorbed at least a little bit of Reid's approach to developing quarterbacks.

Also, Reid is almost universally respected within the NFL.  That's absurdly rare.  That's why I think Reid's coaching tree has been more successful than someone like Belichick's.  Every single coach off of Belichick's tree has inherited his absolute cuntiness and tried to replicate that culture - none have been successful on the NFL level.  Reid has John Harbaugh, who is respected by his team and has won a ring.  Reid has Doug Pederson, who is respected by his team and has won a ring.  Reid has Sean McDermott who, whatever you have to say about him this early in his career, clearly has put his young quarterback in the best possible position to be successful.  I don't know why you wouldn't want to take a chance on a branch from that tree, especially when you're talking about Reid's most overwhelmingly successful assistant to date.

He will definitely be a leading candidate.  I'm worried about his limited experience and with that, his ability to put together a great staff.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2020, 02:05:15 PM »
What if I told you there was...
...an offensive-minded coach
...who has proven he can beat the Patriots, both in the playoffs and recently
...who is leading one of the best offenses in the NFL
...who has had a ton of experience as an offensive coordinator
...who is the son of an NFL coach
...who has ties to the New York Jets

Head Coach Brian Schottenheimer
Defensive Coordinator Rex Ryan
I also thought about this yesterday.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2020, 02:10:26 PM »
Orlovsky on twitter (EDIT: sorry, didn’t see that it was already posted)

The @Titans OC Arthur Smith is going to be a HC soon. Like 2021 soon

Titans ranks since Tannehill became starter (Week 7 of 2019):

Yards per play (1st)
Red zone % (1st)
3rd down % (T-2nd)
Efficiency (3rd)
Yards (3rd)
Scoring (4th)

Tags: