Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 76338 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #1185 on: January 13, 2021, 09:39:39 PM »
HC Tom Brady
OC Joe Brady
DC Adam Gase

Perfect. No one shuts down an offense in New York like Adam Gase.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1186 on: January 13, 2021, 10:44:09 PM »
Perfect. No one shuts down an offense in New York like Adam Gase.
Lol nice

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1187 on: January 14, 2021, 07:07:56 AM »
Who's gonna be our daddy today?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1188 on: January 14, 2021, 07:12:28 AM »
Who's gonna be our daddy today?
Arthur narrow eyes smith

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1189 on: January 14, 2021, 07:14:40 AM »
Arthur narrow eyes smith

I think he's going to Philly today.....
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1190 on: January 14, 2021, 07:17:01 AM »
I think he's going to Philly today.....

After he meets with us some more
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1191 on: January 14, 2021, 07:18:38 AM »
After he meets with us some more

he heard about the breakfast buffet at the nearby Embassy Suites.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1192 on: January 14, 2021, 07:37:03 AM »
I’m curious who the rest of our finalists are.  Who knows if we will ever find out any more guys if they are all playoff contenders.
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1193 on: January 14, 2021, 07:38:43 AM »
he heard about the breakfast buffet at the nearby Embassy Suites.
Arby's breakfast.

https://www.businessinsider.com/arbys-new-breakfast-menu-review-2016-1

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1194 on: January 14, 2021, 07:40:36 AM »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1195 on: January 14, 2021, 07:46:49 AM »
Rich Cimini
@RichCimini
·
2m
So what happens after the Smith interview? #Jets will have internal discussions to plot next move. Options: Make a move on Smith or Saleh; or bring in another candidate for a “second” interview; or expand field. They like Bills OC Brian Dabaoll, who has game Sat night.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1196 on: January 14, 2021, 07:56:21 AM »
Theory

I was thinking about the Jets coaching search and the NFL's rules for interviewing last night, and I came up with a theory on why, amongst other things, the Jets didn't hire Saleh.

I don't think Saleh is actually the Jets' top choice, rather I think he was the Jets top choice of who we can interview right now.  If you remember teams are not allowed to have in person interviews with coaches who are in the playoffs.  Glenn, Staley, Roman, Daboll are actually not allowed to come to the Jets facility until their respective teams are out of the league.

My theory is that Saleh isn't actually the Jets choice, and we will see a number of candidates be interviewed on Sunday and Monday post the divisional round playoffs.  This is when the interviews will heatup.  I think a decision will likely be made on Monday or Tuesday depending on who wins/lose this weekend.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1197 on: January 14, 2021, 07:56:55 AM »
Rich Cimini
@RichCimini
·
2m
So what happens after the Smith interview? #Jets will have internal discussions to plot next move. Options: Make a move on Smith or Saleh; or bring in another candidate for a “second” interview; or expand field. They like Bills OC Brian Dabaoll, who has game Sat night.
And if the Bills win? Lol

Daboll was my number 1, however the idea of waiting then every spot except Chargers being filled and him just going to Herbert over question marks here.

That seems how this would typically play out for us lpl

In JD we trust though

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1198 on: January 14, 2021, 08:04:27 AM »
And if the Bills win? Lol

Daboll was my number 1, however the idea of waiting then every spot except Chargers being filled and him just going to Herbert over question marks here.

That seems how this would typically play out for us lpl

In JD we trust though

He'll have to hang everything on his Zoom interview with Daboll then.  I guess they could have another zoom interview?  Risk is losing out on Saleh and Smith before then.  Doug can figure that out for himself based on his interviews with Saleh and Smith. 

Honestly, I think the simplest possibility is correct.  Doug is doing this methodically and will probably have a 2nd interview with someone else as well.  I don't think it's a negative or positive for any particular candidate.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 08:05:59 AM by bojanglesman »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1199 on: January 14, 2021, 08:04:47 AM »
Theory

I was thinking about the Jets coaching search and the NFL's rules for interviewing last night, and I came up with a theory on why, amongst other things, the Jets didn't hire Saleh.

I don't think Saleh is actually the Jets' top choice, rather I think he was the Jets top choice of who we can interview right now.  If you remember teams are not allowed to have in person interviews with coaches who are in the playoffs.  Glenn, Staley, Roman, Daboll are actually not allowed to come to the Jets facility until their respective teams are out of the league.

My theory is that Saleh isn't actually the Jets choice, and we will see a number of candidates be interviewed on Sunday and Monday post the divisional round playoffs.  This is when the interviews will heatup.  I think a decision will likely be made on Monday or Tuesday depending on who wins/lose this weekend.

Joe Douglas is playing 34D chess: bring in scrubs for second interviews, force panicking Lions, Falcons, Chargers FO's to sign said scrubs, enjoy a leisurely cup of tea while waiting for playoff coordinators to beg for last remaining HC job besides Philly.

Tags: