Author Topic: The Alec Ogletree Era  (Read 1600 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
The Alec Ogletree Era
« on: September 20, 2020, 07:22:21 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: The Alec Ogletree Era
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 08:32:03 PM »
Ogletree way over committed, but that's where the runner is supposed to go based on the play. Austin came in and filled nicely. Then promptly gets nothing but air. Instead of a 5 yard play it's a 55 yard run. Ogletree hustled all the way down and was the first guy to touch him 50 yards down field.

God we simply got embarrassed on the ground today
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 08:35:20 PM »
Ogletree way over committed, but that's where the runner is supposed to go based on the play. Austin came in and filled nicely. Then promptly gets nothing but air. Instead of a 5 yard play it's a 55 yard run. Ogletree hustled all the way down and was the first guy to touch him 50 yards down field.

Things Alec Ogletree needs to do on 3rd and 31: fill his gap

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 08:38:34 PM »
Hank Anderson was almost as bad on this play

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 08:40:00 PM »

Bro what I just rewatched that, Ogletree runs like he has a excrement in his pants the entire time and then whiffs on the tackle

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 08:42:41 PM »
Bro what I just rewatched that, Ogletree runs like he has a excrement in his pants the entire time and then whiffs on the tackle

And yet he was still the first guy there and he caught up to one of the faster guys on the field today.

The fact that we are having this conversation freaking sucks

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 08:45:50 PM »
And yet he was still the first guy there and he caught up to one of the faster guys on the field today.

The fact that we are having this conversation freaking sucks

I mean I will give him credit for catching that guy when you consider he almost pursued the fullback to the opposite sideline

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 08:46:06 PM »
Ogletree is awful. There's a reason he was available in a season where you can sign tenured veterans to the practice squad.

Part of this problem is the awful luck we've had with signing former Ravens linebackers.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 08:49:13 PM »
ILB on paper was one of our stronger position groups by far

Mosley, Williamson, Onwusor, Cashman, Hewitt

We should prob invest those resources at OL, WR, CB, EDGE and rol with the James Burgesses of the world

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 08:50:29 PM »
Ogletree is awful. There's a reason he was available in a season where you can sign tenured veterans to the practice squad.

Part of this problem is the awful luck we've had with signing former Ravens linebackers.

Add the injuries at the position to that list, and it’s a clusterfuck.

Honestly I’m not sure there is a single position group on this team that has a bright long term future right now. Yes we have some solid parts (Becton, Maye, Q potentially, Sam potentially) but no one is feeling rosy about any entire position group these days.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 08:53:10 PM »
Throwing that much money at Mosely was questionable when it happened and looks really stupid after not getting a full game out of him in 2 seasons.

Cashman was a terrible draft pick. The dude is a walking IR addition. Hopefully he's cut at the end of the season.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 09:11:27 PM »
I imagine Cashman gets to come to camp next year. He is making like zero money. If he can’t be healthy in camp he gets his papers

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2020, 09:12:56 PM »
I imagine Cashman gets to come to camp next year. He is making like zero money. If he can’t be healthy in camp he gets his papers

He's always healthy in camp and the injured in the regular season. Hopefully someone just straight up outplays him if they take him into camp.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2020, 09:27:21 PM »
He's always healthy in camp and the injured in the regular season. Hopefully someone just straight up outplays him if they take him into camp.

Here’s my beef with Cashman. We spent a 5th round pick on him before we picked a WR last year. 

We had Mosley and Williamson at ILB. We had Robby and Crowder at WR. I know pick that late is a dart throw. My point is that we needed to take a dart throw at WR/OL and not a meaningless position at ILB when we already had significant money invested there. Darius Slayton was still on the board.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 05:58:37 AM »
Here’s my beef with Cashman. We spent a 5th round pick on him before we picked a WR last year. 

We had Mosley and Williamson at ILB. We had Robby and Crowder at WR. I know pick that late is a dart throw. My point is that we needed to take a dart throw at WR/OL and not a meaningless position at ILB when we already had significant money invested there. Darius Slayton was still on the board.

I get your point, but its an odd time and place to stand on your soapbox saying we shouldn't have drafted mlb depth

Tags: