Author Topic: Jets get embarrassed by 49ers 31-13  (Read 6026 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Jets get embarrassed by 49ers 31-13
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2020, 05:07:43 PM »
Were there any notable injuries in the Giants game last weekend?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2020, 05:07:45 PM »
Early in the game Gase eas using the TEs mostly as blockers on the WR screens. I guess targeting them is some kind of heresy punishable only by an anal pear.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2020, 05:08:09 PM »
add insult to injury

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
49ers coach Kyle Shanahan on the MetLife Stadium turf causing injuries: "It was something our guys were concerned about right away. And the results definitely made that stronger."

Arik Armstead
@arikarmstead
@nfl fix this trash met life turf . 2020 is so wack

We have the shittiest new stadium ever.  freaking Raiders and Rams are playing ball in 2077, we've got a mediocre shopping mall.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2020, 05:09:18 PM »
We have the shittiest new stadium ever.  freaking Raiders and Rams are playing ball in 2077, we've got a mediocre shopping mall.

Thank the Dolans.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2020, 05:10:55 PM »

If only there were something you could do about it, eh, Adam?

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2020, 06:39:32 PM »
how much did you make this week?  (I need to hear something positive)

$500 on under 17 points

$100 on SF to cover the 7

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2020, 07:11:47 PM »
Firing Gase does something more than appease the fans. It tells the team that this excrement is unacceptable from management.

Fire him immediately. It doesn't change the roster, but it sends the right message. This unaccountable piece of trash needs to go.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2020, 07:17:46 PM »
Brian Costello
@BrianCoz
·
3h
Jordan Jenkins: "We haven't shown progress. It's been rinse and repeat the last two games." #nyj
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2020, 07:41:56 PM »
Firing Gase does something more than appease the fans. It tells the team that this excrement is unacceptable from management.

Fire him immediately. It doesn't change the roster, but it sends the right message. This unaccountable piece of trash needs to go.

Also, someone else calls the plays and works with Darnold on a week to week basis. That’s the main point for me. This is a lost season, do something to try to salvage Darnold’s development rather than watch everything devolve to excrement.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2020, 07:46:09 PM »
Also, someone else calls the plays and works with Darnold on a week to week basis. That’s the main point for me. This is a lost season, do something to try to salvage Darnold’s development rather than watch everything devolve to excrement.

100%. Your house has caught fire and the first fire extinguisher you pick up appears to be spraying gasoline. Do you a) try another extinguisher, or b) figure "well, let's run this one down to empty to see if it gets any better"?

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2020, 08:28:18 PM »
like others have said, a few games from now if we're trending towards 'gase doesn't have a future with this team', it would be best to cut ties asap and not wait for the end of the season.

would give us a look with sam under another coach/playcaller. i'm not super concerned about the fact that it would be a new offense/playbook, because the one we've had for over a year now just does not work, so the continuity doesn't mean anything for us right now.

i think being able to see how sam looks under another coach is very important. i don't want to be the second team that gives up on an actually good NFL QB due to gase's ineptitudes

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2020, 08:32:47 PM »
Looks like we have a player in Quinnen and people can calm the freak down about that pick now.
I'm obviously an optimistic Q guy but we need see sustained high level performance before we start making declarations like this.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2020, 08:33:33 PM »
100%. Your house has caught fire and the first fire extinguisher you pick up appears to be spraying gasoline. Do you a) try another extinguisher, or b) figure "well, let's run this one down to empty to see if it gets any better"?

This is an exceptional analogy.
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2020, 08:34:54 PM »
like others have said, a few games from now if we're trending towards 'gase doesn't have a future with this team', it would be best to cut ties asap and not wait for the end of the season.

would give us a look with sam under another coach/playcaller. i'm not super concerned about the fact that it would be a new offense/playbook, because the one we've had for over a year now just does not work, so the continuity doesn't mean anything for us right now.

i think being able to see how sam looks under another coach is very important. i don't want to be the second team that gives up on an actually good NFL QB due to gase's ineptitudes

Sadly this is almost certain.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2020, 08:52:11 PM »
I took my son fishing today.  Looks like I made a good choice.

Tags: