Author Topic: Jets get embarrassed by 49ers 31-13  (Read 5899 times)

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Jets get embarrassed by 49ers 31-13
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2020, 04:08:47 PM »
oh im sorry would you rather we call a good play? who do you think you are? how dare you.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2020, 04:15:07 PM »
Gents- you might as well make some $ watching this putrid team.

Under 17 NYJ points - win
SF -7 win

We are a CFL caliber team. Bet against them every week and profit

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2020, 04:15:46 PM »

SF -7 win

how much did you make this week?  (I need to hear something positive)
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2020, 04:17:47 PM »
Why would you wait till after the season?
Because I don't really see the point of firing him now other than throwing the fans a bone, and I don't care enough for that. I'm pretty convinced Gase is gone unless there is a miracle turnaround, and if there is a miracle turnaround, then great.

If Johnson hired him and just defended him publicly, and Douglas didn't fire him, that means they believed in Gase. Two games shouldn't be enough by themselves to make you go from supporting him to immediately firing him. There are plenty of excuses out there to use (new OL, injured WRs, injured RBs, tough defenses, no preseason). Those are all the same excuses we make for Sam. If you still believe in Gase, you could make some of those excuses for him, too.

If they fired him tomorrow, I'm not going to say it's a bad decision. I'd probably be happy because it would confirm that he's gone. But I'm not sure if firing Gase, having a lame duck Dowell Loggains running the offense and being Sam's QB coach, and hiring Gregg as HC is going to help anything. I'd probably rather have Darnold have that coaching, even if it's not the best coaching. Plus, Gregg's defense has been just as bad as Gase's offense through 2 games, so who on this staff has earned a promotion? Boyer?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2020, 04:18:19 PM »

SF -7 win

I'm mad, I should have just done the Jets team total rather than the game total. Then I could have been happy about the Berrios TD when it happened, and I could have won money.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2020, 04:28:51 PM »
Because I don't really see the point of firing him now other than throwing the fans a bone, and I don't care enough for that. I'm pretty convinced Gase is gone unless there is a miracle turnaround, and if there is a miracle turnaround, then great.

If Johnson hired him and just defended him publicly, and Douglas didn't fire him, that means they believed in Gase. Two games shouldn't be enough by themselves to make you go from supporting him to immediately firing him. There are plenty of excuses out there to use (new OL, injured WRs, injured RBs, tough defenses, no preseason). Those are all the same excuses we make for Sam. If you still believe in Gase, you could make some of those excuses for him, too.

If they fired him tomorrow, I'm not going to say it's a bad decision. I'd probably be happy because it would confirm that he's gone. But I'm not sure if firing Gase, having a lame duck Dowell Loggains running the offense and being Sam's QB coach, and hiring Gregg as HC is going to help anything. I'd probably rather have Darnold have that coaching, even if it's not the best coaching. Plus, Gregg's defense has been just as bad as Gase's offense through 2 games, so who on this staff has earned a promotion? Boyer?

Loggains would go with Gase. I expect it would be Cooter running offense and possibly coaching Sam.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2020, 04:30:38 PM »
Looking a little on the bright side, the OL looked good again. I know they had multiple injuries but at least it’s baby steps, and Sam won’t see ghosts all the time if things start to improve in that department.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2020, 04:34:08 PM »
Rich Cimini
@RichCimini
·
16s
#Jets ran multiple TEs on 30 of 62 plays, per
@NextGenStats

11 personnel: 32 plays

12: 20 plays

02: 6 plays

13: 4 plays

Herndon — 1 catch, 4 targets
Griffin — 0 targets

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2020, 04:38:31 PM »
Rich Cimini
@RichCimini
·
16s
#Jets ran multiple TEs on 30 of 62 plays, per
@NextGenStats

11 personnel: 32 plays

12: 20 plays

02: 6 plays

13: 4 plays

Herndon — 1 catch, 4 targets
Griffin — 0 targets

Didn't we give Griffin a contract extension last season?

what the freak is Gase doing
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2020, 04:43:41 PM »
Looks like we have a player in Quinnen and people can calm the freak down about that pick now.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2020, 04:52:15 PM »
Looks like we have a player in Quinnen and people can calm the freak down about that pick now.

I don't think anyone was particularly verklempt about it, were they? Everyone just wanted him to start showing something a bit more than he has so far. As I recall, that was a horrible draft to be holding the pick we did (#3?) because the best players on the board there weren't the kind of players fans love, because they weren't flashy playmakers. Everyone was hoping Maccagnan would trade out of it, including Maccagnan, but no other team really wanted it either.

It took Gerald McCoy at least a couple of seasons to start consistently getting to the QB. If Q can follow a similar career path to McCoy then we'll all be very happy, I think.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2020, 04:53:54 PM »
add insult to injury

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
49ers coach Kyle Shanahan on the MetLife Stadium turf causing injuries: "It was something our guys were concerned about right away. And the results definitely made that stronger."

Arik Armstead
@arikarmstead
@nfl fix this trash met life turf . 2020 is so wack

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2020, 04:57:30 PM »
add insult to injury

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
49ers coach Kyle Shanahan on the MetLife Stadium turf causing injuries: "It was something our guys were concerned about right away. And the results definitely made that stronger."

Arik Armstead
@arikarmstead
@nfl fix this trash met life turf . 2020 is so wack
This makes no sense.  This is the 2nd game to ever be played on this turf

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2020, 05:02:44 PM »
This makes no sense.  This is the 2nd game to ever be played on this turf

I am not a turf expert, but I feel that would be a reason why the turf might suck, not the other way around.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2020, 05:06:20 PM »

I really need to see him stay on his feet consistently, but still a great game from him.

Tags: