Author Topic: Week 2: Jets vs 49ers  (Read 10979 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Week 2: Jets vs 49ers
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2020, 10:39:32 AM »
San Francisco 13
Jets 0

Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
·
6m
Sam Darnold’s receivers for #Jets game against the #49ers: Breshad Perriman, Chris Hogan, Braxton Berrios.

2 years in a row my optimism for this team died before week 2. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2020, 10:44:29 AM »
Lawrence Cager SZN!

Seriously speaking, I trust in what Joe Douglas is trying with this team, but it's absurd not having drafted more receivers. Our top 3 is a reclamation project, a washed up veteran and a special teamer, and the rest are undrafted FA's. That's unacceptable on any NFL team.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2020, 10:46:05 AM »
Lawrence Cager SZN!

Seriously speaking, I trust in what Joe Douglas is trying with this team, but it's absurd not having drafted more receivers. Our top 3 is a reclamation project, a washed up veteran and a special teamer, and the rest are undrafted FA's. That's unacceptable on any NFL team.

I agree.  But JD's focus was the oline this offseason.  We weren't going to solve all issues in one offseason. 

Having said that....the picks used on Ashtyn Davis and Zuniga should've been used on WRs.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2020, 10:49:53 AM »
I agree.  But JD's focus was the oline this offseason.  We weren't going to solve all issues in one offseason. 

Having said that....the picks used on Ashtyn Davis and Zuniga should've been used on WRs.

I felt like Davis was a "What the hell is this guy still doing on the board? we have to take him" pick

Zuniga is always the guy I wished we had waited on, and tagged a WR there.

It's just so hard to gauge if this rookie class is any good or not given how much time they have all seemingly missed with injuries
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2020, 10:55:50 AM »
I felt like Davis was a "What the hell is this guy still doing on the board? we have to take him" pick

Zuniga is always the guy I wished we had waited on, and tagged a WR there.

It's just so hard to gauge if this rookie class is any good or not given how much time they have all seemingly missed with injuries

it doesn't matter now...the damage is done.  The only way you save this franchise is send Gase packing, and start fresh next offseason with a hand-picked Joe Douglas HC hire.  The Johnsons need to stay off the phone with Peyton Manning, in fact, they need to stay out of the interview room altogether and let JD make the hire on his own.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2020, 10:56:45 AM »

We also have, what, the 3rd most cap room left?

The down grade from RA to Perriman was strictly financial. The Jets could've signed both and still had a substantial amount of cap space to roll over to next season. The FA group this past offseason wasn't great, but anyone added to this group would have been an upgrade.

Just adding Perriman and Mims to the worst skill position group in the NFL is just not acceptable. More needed to be done. It certainly wasn't hard to predict Crowder or Perriman missing time with injury, and expecting a significant contribution from Mims was a pipedream.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2020, 10:57:12 AM »
The tank is on!
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2020, 10:59:08 AM »
We also have, what, the 3rd most cap room left?

The down grade from RA to Perriman was strictly financial. The Jets could've signed both and still had a substantial amount of cap space to roll over to next season. The FA group this past offseason wasn't great, but anyone added to this group would have been an upgrade.

Just adding Perriman and Mims to the worst skill position group in the NFL is just not acceptable. More needed to be done. It certainly wasn't hard to predict Crowder or Perriman missing time with injury, and expecting a significant contribution from Mims was a pipedream.

we'll have a significant amount of cap space, 4 first round picks over the next 2 years and a competent GM.  Go out and get a reputable HC. This should be an attractive destination if the Johnsons take their heads out of their asses.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »
The tank is on!

He'll blow the tank on the back 1/2 of the season

6-10

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2020, 11:15:19 AM »
If Gase doesn't use more I-Formation and 2 TE sets in this one, he's gotta go on Monday. 

Protect your QB. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2020, 11:16:01 AM »
If Gase doesn't use more I-Formation and 2 TE sets in this one, he's gotta go on Monday. 

Protect your QB. 

Get ready for a lot of open backfield.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2020, 11:17:04 AM »
5 WR sets, all running 2 yard screens, coming up.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2020, 11:27:23 AM »
5 WR sets, all running 2 yard screens, coming up.

The best part is that we don’t have 5 WRs, hope Perine and Gore know their x routes.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2020, 11:29:55 AM »
The best part is that we don’t have 5 WRs, hope Perine and Gore know their x routes.

We'll sign some scrub from the Dolphins practice squad 3 years ago.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement