Author Topic: Jets lose 27-17 at Buffalo  (Read 8748 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Jets lose 27-17 at Buffalo
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2020, 12:16:46 PM »
There's 15 games left, we all saw what happened last year. I'll reserve judgement until I see the line continue to come together, we get a couple weapons on the field and how the games go from here. I have to think having the same QB in the same offense will be a plus with the lack of off season and pre season, but it's hard to go by one game given all that. A guy like Allen got a lot done on his own and we gave him the time to do it, so that's how that game went.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2020, 12:30:21 PM »
we get a couple weapons on the field

The only player we were missing was Denzel Mims, who is much further from being ready that most seem to think. 

He wasn't making a difference yesterday. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2020, 12:33:19 PM »
The only player we were missing was Denzel Mims, who is much further from being ready that most seem to think. 

He wasn't making a difference yesterday. 

Bell? He made one nice catch and left with the hamstring. It looked to me like Gore played most of the second half, which is great if it's 2nd and 2. Do we know if Bell is out or how long?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2020, 12:36:56 PM »
Gase said he should have pulled Bell sooner so I doubt we’re getting good news on that front.

We didn’t see a lot of two TE sets which scares me. I don’t know if Gase can evaluate his own roster at this point.

Hopefully Darnold has another conversation with Gase about the play calling. That seemed to work out pretty well last year.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2020, 12:38:57 PM »
Bell? He made one nice catch and left with the hamstring. It looked to me like Gore played most of the second half, which is great if it's 2nd and 2. Do we know if Bell is out or how long?

Le'Veon Bell is a shell of his former self.  He made no impact whatsoever as a runner.

It really sucks because he is an excellent receiver and pass protector, but he is basically useless as a ball carrier. 

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2020, 12:40:28 PM »

We didn’t see a lot of two TE sets which scares me. I don’t know if Gase can evaluate his own roster at this point.

I thought we might, especially being thin at WR. Griffin was good last year and they gave him a contract, didn't see him yesterday, if he did something I missed it.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2020, 12:42:07 PM »
Le'Veon Bell is a shell of his former self.  He made no impact whatsoever as a runner.

It really sucks because he is an excellent receiver and pass protector, but he is basically useless as a ball carrier. 

It does seem like we get more on the ground when someone else goes in. Last year Powell and yesterday Gore. Gore isn't breaking one but at least he goes forward and it's not always 3rd and 10.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2020, 12:43:21 PM »
It does seem like we get more on the ground when someone else goes in. Last year Powell and yesterday Gore. Gore isn't breaking one but at least he goes forward and it's not always 3rd and 10.

Old Man Gore was more efficient on the ground than Bell.  Bell loses yardage on his own.  Gore at least gets you closer to the sticks. 

Perine will be back soon, hopefully. 

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2020, 12:44:45 PM »
Bell is an indecisive mess who doesn't have the burst he used to have behind an overwhelmed interior line.

Recipe for disaster.

I was hoping that if the season was a total mess we'd be able to ship him out for a mid round pick considering how easy his contract becomes in terms of being able to cut it loose or restructure, but given how he looks I don't see it.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2020, 03:45:15 AM »
Yes, but he can be very useful as a receiver. Especially with the chicken excrement we have at the position. He had that nice reception and then the penalty that caused his injury. He can still have a role for us even if he’s not good on the ground anymore.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2020, 02:57:08 PM »
#Jets DVOA Rankings: post week 1

Overall: 28th
Offense: 26th
Defense: 16th
Specials: 29th
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2020, 04:36:24 PM »
https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/baldy-s-breakdown-marcus-maye-s-big-day-vs-the-bills

Looks like if Maye didn't tip the ball when he blitzed from the slot bless may have picked it for 6

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2020, 04:45:48 PM »
#Jets DVOA Rankings: post week 1

Overall: 28th
Offense: 26th
Defense: 16th
Specials: 29th

I’ve seen no talk of it, but our punt coverage was absolutely terrible. Usually special teams is a strong point, but Roberts was ripping off 20 yard returns every punt. Hard to win the field position battle that way.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2020, 06:53:05 PM »
I’ve seen no talk of it, but our punt coverage was absolutely terrible. Usually special teams is a strong point, but Roberts was ripping off 20 yard returns every punt. Hard to win the field position battle that way.

That tracks with the defense's poor tackling.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: