Poll

Do you want to have one keeper?

Yea
4 (44.4%)
Nay
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Decision 2020: Friars Club Keeper Rules  (Read 35580 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Decision 2020: Friars Club Keeper Rules
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2020, 06:12:40 PM »
Why don't we just do a full reset?

Restructure the keeper settings:  limit the amount of keepers for the following season, shorten the keeper length, and other stuff like that.

I've had Michael Thomas for an 8th round pick for 4 years.  There are plenty of other situations like that around the league now.  It basically limits parity in the league. 

I love keeper and dynasty leagues, but those leagues are more fun when every GM is all in. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2020, 06:14:48 PM »
I'm going to reset the poll. Hopefully we can get this resolved within a week.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2020, 06:16:48 PM »
This NFL season is likely going to be stupid and unpredictable anyway. 

I'd hate to have GMs pay full dues only for the league to either be cut short or for their teams to crap out because one of their most important players gets put on the COVID list for a week or two.

Why not use the pandemic season as a season to experiment with a different style? 

I've always liked the idea of a veteran only draft with a separate portion (1 to 3 rounds) set aside for rookies.  Maybe allow one veteran keeper and a rookie keeper.  Rookies can be kept for two seasons, vets for only one. 

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2020, 06:18:32 PM »
Given the circumstances, I'm fine with resetting if that's what the majority wants. If the season was cut short, everyone would be refunded their dues but, yes, there's definitely going to be an elevated amount of risk this year.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2020, 06:20:30 PM »
Given the circumstances, I'm fine with resetting if that's what the majority wants. If the season was cut short, everyone would be refunded their dues but, yes, there's definitely going to be an elevated amount of risk this year.

That's a pain in the derriere to get everyone's money back to them, especially for the Canadian assholes. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2020, 06:20:34 PM »
I'm all for doing something with new keeper rules, but I thought the whole point of changing the rules was that Badger and MB didn't want to play in a keeper league.

One suggestion I would make - if we do a redraft league, let's do an auction format. Auction drafts are way more fun.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2020, 06:21:03 PM »
MB and Badger have made it pretty clear that they have no interest in participating in a keeper league. If they're willing to budge at all on that, they can speak for themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2020, 06:21:06 PM »
One suggestion I would make - if we do a redraft league, let's do an auction format. Auction drafts are way more fun.

This would be cool as well.

I'm in favor of changing it up. 

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2020, 06:22:25 PM »
That's a pain in the derriere to get everyone's money back to them, especially for the Canadian assholes. 

The Canadians may be an exception but returning funds, in general, isn't that hard. I don't even touch the funds in PayPal until it's time to pay people out after the season.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 06:23:59 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2020, 06:28:05 PM »
If you want to sort this out amongst yourselves, more power to you. I think we need to clarify what each person is willing to accommodate as far as the rules are concerned.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2020, 06:28:17 PM »
The Canadians may be an exception but returning funds, in general, isn't that hard. I don't even touch the funds in PayPal until it's time to pay people out after the season.
You would send me the $40 like anyone else....PayPal does the exchange rate automatically
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2020, 06:32:29 PM »
You would send me the $40 like anyone else....PayPal does the exchange rate automatically

Heis was the one who suggested that it might be difficult. I already said that I would refund everyone if the season is cut short... Honestly, I'm getting a bit tired of discussing the dues. They're not relevant to this discussion.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 06:35:13 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2020, 06:35:53 PM »

freak off, mate

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2020, 06:37:07 PM »
Heis was the one who suggested that it might be difficult. I already said that I would refund everyone if the season is cut short... Honestly, I'm getting a bit tired of discussing the dues. They're not relevant to this discussion.
There other issues too...like I’m not sure if Pope is coming back to the board
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2020, 06:39:21 PM »
There other issues too...like I’m not sure if Pope is coming back to the board

That's another reason I suggested shrinking the league. I'm not sure who all is coming back.

Tags: