Author Topic: Chiefs sign Mahomes to 10 yr deal  (Read 2060 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Chiefs sign Mahomes to 10 yr deal
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 07:52:49 PM »
This effects Dallas more than any other team.

Baltimore and Houston more than us well. 

I was just gonna day it affects the guy that is getting paid next the most. Which is (or should be) Dak.

Man did Dallas freak up not paying him 18 months ago. If they had he may have been signed for $32-$34 million. Now he’s going to be asking for at least $40 million.
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2020, 07:57:22 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 08:54:00 PM »
Contract is now worth 503 with 473 "guaranteed"

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The #Chiefs and QB Patrick Mahomes have agreed to terms on a 10-year extension worth $503 million, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. He gets $477M in guarantee mechanisms and gives the ability for Mahomes to have outs if the guarantee mechanisms aren’t exercised. No trade clause

That sounds like the Chiefs are not on the hook for $477M, just if they want to keep him for the duration of his contract then that's what they're paying him.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 11:37:12 PM »
I'm assuming that it isn't $45M a year, it will presumably be significantly stepped in later years. And as ever, the only thing that really matters is what's guaranteed.

I admire your faith but I'm pretty sure that even the most optimistic agent won't be entering contract talks on behalf of Sam with Mahomes as his primary benchmark. Suspect Jerry's a bit pissed off with this news though.

I don't expect Sam to get Mahomes contract, but they certainly could be nearing the realm of ridiculousness inspired by it. Especially if Mahomes sparks off insane contracts for Jackson Dak etc

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Tags: