Author Topic: Assorted 2021 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 48261 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: Assorted 2021 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #405 on: April 09, 2021, 08:43:56 PM »
i would totally love to see us forsake the defensive side of the ball completely and focus enirely on offense, but i know it's not going to happen

i would so much prefer to get the QB timeline/offensive optimization part of it done first and done asap, suffer through a horrible defense, and then shift our focus to that side of the ball once we have our QB tucked in developmentally.

i'm barely over 30 but it feels like i've gone through lifetimes of 'we didn't focus on offense enough and broke our prospect QB before we could even give him a shot and had a sucky team as a whole, but hey at least we had a halfway decent defense to fall back on' already

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #406 on: April 09, 2021, 09:43:15 PM »
i would totally love to see us forsake the defensive side of the ball completely and focus enirely on offense, but i know it's not going to happen

i would so much prefer to get the QB timeline/offensive optimization part of it done first and done asap, suffer through a horrible defense, and then shift our focus to that side of the ball once we have our QB tucked in developmentally.

i'm barely over 30 but it feels like i've gone through lifetimes of 'we didn't focus on offense enough and broke our prospect QB before we could even give him a shot and had a sucky team as a whole, but hey at least we had a halfway decent defense to fall back on' already
I would be 100% OK going offense with the first three picks.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #407 on: April 09, 2021, 09:45:00 PM »
Unless someone at another position unexpectedly falls, I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't take a guard and a corner with our second and third picks.

Trying to peg taking a position with a specific pick is a fool's errand.

The roster is relatively bare anyway. Just bring in talented players. (Okay, no more iDLs, but anything else on offense or defense is probably acceptable)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #408 on: April 09, 2021, 10:15:16 PM »
Unless someone at another position unexpectedly falls, I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't take a guard and a corner with our second and third picks.

We need to use our premium picks on premium positions:

QB, WR, EDGE, and CB

As we all know, guards can be found in the later rounds.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #409 on: April 09, 2021, 11:38:05 PM »
We need to use our premium picks on premium positions:

QB, WR, EDGE, and CB

As we all know, guards can be found in the later rounds.
Wr is not a premium position.

I'm all for premium positions but if we only drafted offense this year I wouldn't complain.  Zacho can't fail

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #410 on: April 10, 2021, 07:35:18 AM »
Wr is not a premium position.

I'm all for premium positions but if we only drafted offense this year I wouldn't complain.  Zacho can't fail

WR1 is a premium position

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #411 on: April 10, 2021, 08:49:26 AM »
WR1 is a premium position
Its the most abundant position in the league besides running back and off ball linebacker and its not necessary to win.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #412 on: April 10, 2021, 11:16:54 AM »
Its the most abundant position in the league besides running back and off ball linebacker and its not necessary to win.

If by some unholy miracle Jamar Chase was sitting on the board at 14, are you telling me you wouldn't orchestrate a move to 14 to land him? I'd do it in a nano-second.

An elite WR1 is absolutely a premium player.

If you are asking me if we had the option of Kadarius Toney, Rashad Bateman or Jaycee Horn or Azeej Ojulari at 23, I'm picking the CB or Edge player, because I'm not sure Toney and/or Bateman (or Terrace Marshall or whomever else) is going to be a dominant #1 WR. But if JD feels a WR is about to be an elite playmaker for our new QB at 23, that's absolutley worth a premium pick based on the talent we have on our roster right now. Hands down.
Need a new one for a new board...

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #413 on: April 10, 2021, 11:53:03 AM »
An elite WR1 is absolutely a premium player.
Well obviously because elite and premium are close to synonyms.

But the wr position isn't a premium position in the league.  When was the last time a top 5 wr in the league won the superbowl?  Please don't say tyreek hill.

That is a hypothetical thats not happening for a multitude of reasons, but even so I wouldn't trade this years draft capital for it.

More talent on the line and at other skill positions will help zach wilson out more than replacing Denzel Mims with Chase.

Hell even drafting an edge rusher that can keep games close will do more good this year for zach then upgrading mims to chase

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #414 on: April 10, 2021, 02:31:48 PM »
Well obviously because elite and premium are close to synonyms.

But the wr position isn't a premium position in the league.  When was the last time a top 5 wr in the league won the superbowl?  Please don't say tyreek hill.

That is a hypothetical thats not happening for a multitude of reasons, but even so I wouldn't trade this years draft capital for it.

More talent on the line and at other skill positions will help zach wilson out more than replacing Denzel Mims with Chase.

Hell even drafting an edge rusher that can keep games close will do more good this year for zach then upgrading mims to chase

Larry fitzgerald and Julio Jones dragged their teams to super bowls in the last ten years. Larry nearly won the cardinals that game until Santonio Holmes made one of the greatest circus grabs ever. And we all thought the Falcons were winning that game at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Giving Zach Wilson elite level weapons will help him a ton. It’s arguable how much more it will help him to have a pass rusher or a corner than the upgrade to Chase, but as I said in the other thread I don’t see any value selection for the OLine at 23.

Just because I can, let’s play a scenario game, you tell me which scenario is preferable to you, and which situation you find to be significantly better for Zach Wilson / his development

2. Zach Wilson
23. Greg Newsome
34. Creed Humphrey
66. Jabril Cox

Or

2. Zach Wilson
23+34. Jamar Chase
66. Trey Smith

Sadly for my side of this arguement, I don’t believe Chase will be in striking distance. I expect him to be off the board by 7.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 02:36:37 PM by Libero_2 »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #415 on: April 10, 2021, 03:04:15 PM »
When was the last time a top 5 wr in the league won the superbowl?  Please don't say tyreek hill.

Tom Brady chose Tampa because of their receiving corps.

A healthy Mike Evans is a top five receiver in the league.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #416 on: April 10, 2021, 03:06:20 PM »
Why is Mims being replaced in all of these situations?

Both Corey Davis and any of the top receivers (Chase/Smith/Waddle) can play in the slot.

Jamison Crowder is the odd man out.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #417 on: April 10, 2021, 03:23:42 PM »
QB is in its own tier. Then OT, CB, edge rusher, and elite pass catcher are next on the list. I would even throw someone like Pitts in there if he can be the next Kelce or Gronk or Gates.

Guard can be addressed later but right now we are pretty weak at guard. You need to hit at least 1 starter at the position for 2021. If there are guys they trust in the scheme in rounds 3 or 4 that can play right away, that's fine, but if they are wrong, they should be criticized.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #418 on: April 10, 2021, 03:30:19 PM »
Why is Mims being replaced in all of these situations?

Both Corey Davis and any of the top receivers (Chase/Smith/Waddle) can play in the slot.

Jamison Crowder is the odd man out.

Thank you.

And as an aside.... if Crowder is the odd guy out and we don’t want to keep him/pay him this year, we might be able to flip him for a day 3 pick this year or next.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #419 on: April 10, 2021, 03:44:26 PM »
Thank you.

And as an aside.... if Crowder is the odd guy out and we don’t want to keep him/pay him this year, we might be able to flip him for a day 3 pick this year or next.
I could get behind this

Tags: