Author Topic: Assorted 2021 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 48110 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Assorted 2021 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #285 on: February 23, 2021, 10:16:52 AM »
remember when Rousseau was projected to go top 5? #membaberries

If he didn't opt out and there was a combine, this is likely still the case
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #286 on: February 23, 2021, 01:09:40 PM »
https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/mocks/mock-draft-monday-three-rounds-with-first-round-trades

SI's latest 3 round mock

1. Wilson + his wives QB BYU
1. Rousseau EDGE Miami
2. Terrace Marshall WR LSU
3. Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis
3. Jabril Cox LB LSU

One of my favorite things about seeing mocks is that I realize we also have an extra pick somewhere in this range for Sam. Imagine slapping Wyatt Davis or Trey Smith in with the pick we get for Sam to that group? That would make for a hell of a turn around talent wise.
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #287 on: February 25, 2021, 07:25:58 AM »
Brian Costello
@BrianCoz
·
10m
ESPN’s Mel Kiper has his latest mock draft out and has the Jets trading out of the No. 2 pick with the Falcons, moving back to 4 and selecting Florida TE Kyle Pitts. At 23, he has them taking Michigan DE Kwity Paye. #nyj

lol Kiper. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #288 on: February 25, 2021, 07:46:39 AM »
Mel Kiper should be locked in a pillory for this.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #289 on: February 25, 2021, 08:00:14 AM »
Mel Kiper should be locked in a pillory for this.

His Jimmy Neutron hair should be lit on fire.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #290 on: February 25, 2021, 09:34:54 AM »
Brian Costello
@BrianCoz
·
10m
ESPN’s Mel Kiper has his latest mock draft out and has the Jets trading out of the No. 2 pick with the Falcons, moving back to 4 and selecting Florida TE Kyle Pitts. At 23, he has them taking Michigan DE Kwity Paye. #nyj

lol Kiper. 

That might be the worst mock I've seen thus far

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #291 on: February 25, 2021, 09:36:43 AM »
I mean Kwity Paye is potentially the #1 EDGE prospect in the draft, so getting him at 23 isn't that bad.

Kyle Pitts #4 is unforgiveable though. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #292 on: February 25, 2021, 11:33:18 AM »
i like the trade down to 4 a lot, but kiper wasn't thinking when he thought 'jets will give up potential QBs at 2, trade down, and pick up the TE they really wanted!'

in a trade down id really love one of the WRS (preferrably chase) or OL

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #293 on: February 25, 2021, 07:28:04 PM »
I'd be fine with this. I'm a big fan of Pitts. In a perfect world I would trade down further to someone else who wants a QB in this situation, but if we aren't going QB, I would take Pitts over anyone other than Chase and Sewell.

Get a great offensive weapon, extra draft capital, and a great edge prospect.

I know "tight end in the top 10" is scary and not great positional value, and tight ends take longer than receivers usually. But if he plays most snaps and he's used as a primary pass catcher, does it really matter? Teams like the Raiders and 49ers have been able to run their passing games through the tight end. Both Super Bowl teams were loaded at the tight end position. There are so few difference makers at tight end, if that's what the Jets think he can be, he's worth the pick. This isn't Jace Amaro.

I also have faith in this GM and coach. Saleh keeps talking about how he knows what kind of players he wants in the system, so if we take a guy like Pitts in the top 10, I have faith that we have an idea how to use him.

I would take Chase over Pitts, but every other receiver has enough question marks for me to prefer Pitts. Yes, a tight end isn't a great positional value. Neither is a 170-lb WR.

Overall, I'm pretty excited about our options at the top of the draft. All the QBs have cases to be made they can be franchise guys, and there are elite guys at other positions that can bolster our offense if we go elsewhere.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #294 on: February 25, 2021, 07:40:24 PM »
Yes, a tight end isn't a great positional value. Neither is a 170-lb WR.

I think that's a fair argument, but I don't recall anyone on here being a big fan of the idea of Smith with a top pick either.

I haven't looked at Kiper's draft, but I suspect that if we traded with Atlanta to give them #2 it means we've already either traded for a vet or decided to roll with Sam for another year. Miami's not taking a QB at #3 so unless they trade out of it, #4 is going to be getting calls.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #295 on: February 25, 2021, 08:21:17 PM »
I think that's a fair argument, but I don't recall anyone on here being a big fan of the idea of Smith with a top pick either.

I haven't looked at Kiper's draft, but I suspect that if we traded with Atlanta to give them #2 it means we've already either traded for a vet or decided to roll with Sam for another year. Miami's not taking a QB at #3 so unless they trade out of it, #4 is going to be getting calls.

I actually had this thought. If Atlanta calls and wants up to 2, and specifically wants the QB we don’t want. How big would JDs balls have to be to make that move?

If we trade out of two everyone and their grandmother will decide we are out on the QBs and are targeting Sewell/Chase/Smith. Especially if we call all the teams that wanna get up, Carolina, SF, Detroit etc and tell them that everyone knows Miami isn’t going QB we are the spot you wanna be at, and it will be cheaper to go to 4 than to 3. Then Atlanta takes Fields and Miami takes whomever they want, unable to strike a deal. Then at 4 we get the QB of our choice and likely at least an additional 2 this year and possibly more, but certainly another premium pick next year.

Is it a smart idea? Of course not. It’s dangerous as freak. But if it worked out JD would be a damned impressive looking GM

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #296 on: February 25, 2021, 08:22:53 PM »
I actually had this thought. If Atlanta calls and wants up to 2, and specifically wants the QB we don’t want. How big would JDs balls have to be to make that move?

If we trade out of two everyone and their grandmother will decide we are out on the QBs and are targeting Sewell/Chase/Smith. Especially if we call all the teams that wanna get up, Carolina, SF, Detroit etc and tell them that everyone knows Miami isn’t going QB we are the spot you wanna be at, and it will be cheaper to go to 4 than to 3. Then Atlanta takes Fields and Miami takes whomever they want, unable to strike a deal. Then at 4 we get the QB of our choice and likely at least an additional 2 this year and possibly more, but certainly another premium pick next year.

Is it a smart idea? Of course not. It’s dangerous as freak. But if it worked out JD would be a damned impressive looking GM
If we want Lance or Fields, or if we think all 4 quarterbacks are similar, trading back to 4 and taking a QB could make sense.

In that case, whichever QB we take would have been #1 on our board according to JD in his press conference.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #297 on: February 25, 2021, 08:43:41 PM »
If we want Lance or Fields, or if we think all 4 quarterbacks are similar, trading back to 4 and taking a QB could make sense.

In that case, whichever QB we take would have been #1 on our board according to JD in his press conference.

Depending on the package you could get from Atlanta you could make the argument Lance + an extra 1 and 2 is worth more than Wilson straight up. Or if Atlanta is absolutely in love with Fields, all the better.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #298 on: February 26, 2021, 07:23:29 AM »
The optics of trading out of 2, drafting a TE and passing on all of the QB prospects is pretty bad.

I'm assuming in that scenario Darnold is the guy going into next year with a vet added for "competition." If he doesn't have a great year after passing on those QBs for a TE, JD is going to have to answer a lot of questions.

At this point its Wilson or bust for me at 2 as I highly doubt Watson or Wilson will be traded to the Jets.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #299 on: February 26, 2021, 07:26:10 AM »
The optics of trading out of 2, drafting a TE and passing on all of the QB prospects is pretty bad.

I'm assuming in that scenario Darnold is the guy going into next year with a vet added for "competition." If he doesn't have a great year after passing on those QBs for a TE, JD is going to have to answer a lot of questions.

At this point its Wilson or bust for me at 2 as I highly doubt Watson or Wilson will be traded to the Jets.

This is exactly where i'm at.  Draft Zach Wilson at 2 and let's go win some games.

Tags: