Author Topic: Assorted 2021 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 47437 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Assorted 2021 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2021, 12:27:15 PM »
Given you're apparently expecting a mathematical impossibility from him, if he actually does what you are projecting then he's either Jesus or Kevin Costner.

Mathematical impossibility? I’m expecting one trade back with his first 3 options to select a talent.

Then take 2 offensive guys and a defensive guy with the first 3 selections he actually makes. Unless you’re being intentionally asinine and assuming that I meant he would trade a pick while also still selecting a player with it, that’s not a mathematical impossibility.
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2021, 12:31:52 PM »
Mathematical impossibility? I’m expecting one trade back with his first 3 options to select a talent.

Then take 2 offensive guys and a defensive guy with the first 3 selections he actually makes. Unless you’re being intentionally asinine and assuming that I meant he would trade a pick while also still selecting a player with it, that’s not a mathematical impossibility.

You wrote it:

2/3 on offense
1/3 on defense
1/3 is a trade down first to acquire more capital

That's literally four thirds.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2021, 12:42:06 PM »
You wrote it:

it literally says "is a trade down FIRST" prior to selecting a player.

But whatever, I'm an idiot. Happy?
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2021, 12:50:11 PM »
it literally says "is a trade down FIRST" prior to selecting a player.

But whatever, I'm an idiot. Happy?

Yes, that's all I wanted. Or draft Jesus. That would make me happy too.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2021, 08:24:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1349361000424873984?s=20

Guys, I'm sorry I haven't posted a mock draft yet.  I have to make some calls around the league first. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2021, 09:20:02 AM »
Some site called the Jet Press - 7 rd mock

#2- Peen
#23 - Jaycee Horn CB S.Carolina
#34 - Wyatt David OG OSU
#66 - Patrick Jones II EDGE Pitt
#86 - Tylan Wallace WR OK State
#103 - Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
#142 - Jeremy Ruckert TE OSU
#151 - TAriq Thompson S SD State
#193 - Ventrell Miller LB Florida

Discuss.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2021, 09:22:07 AM »
Some site called the Jet Press - 7 rd mock

#2- Peen
#23 - Jaycee Horn CB S.Carolina
#34 - Wyatt David OG OSU
#66 - Patrick Jones II EDGE Pitt
#86 - Tylan Wallace WR OK State
#103 - Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
#142 - Jeremy Ruckert TE OSU
#151 - TAriq Thompson S SD State
#193 - Ventrell Miller LB Florida

Discuss.

I like the first three picks but we aren't helping out the QB much other than OL.  Tylan Wallace is alright but this team desperately needs help at WR and RB.  You can't come out of the draft with no back, a backup TE, and some guys that will maybe be 4th and 5th string receivers early on. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2021, 09:25:51 AM »
We're in for a big debate at 2 and 23.

If you take at QB at 2 then can you justify going CB at 23?  I think if you don't take a receiver at 23, you risk missing on that position entirely.  Some slot guys might be there at 34 (Moore and Toney) but we need another outside threat.  Would we consider a tight end or a back at 34? 

23 and 34 are extremely important to get out of the rebuild. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2021, 09:30:07 AM »

If you take at QB at 2 then can you justify going CB at 23?  I think if you don't take a receiver at 23, you risk missing on that position entirely.  Some slot guys might be there at 34 (Moore and Toney) but we need another outside threat.  Would we consider a tight end or a back at 34? 

I think you shore up the offense now, defense be damned.  We cannot continue to choke off our QB, whoever it is, with lack of talent.  I'd rather lose shootouts than have a defeated hoo-ha as QB because he has no help.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2021, 09:30:32 AM »

i don't agree with this but as the days go on and the more i think about it, the more it feels like we move forward with sam and use the picks we have to optimize the team/weapons around him, either by staying put at 2 and drafting OT or a trade down of some sort and focusing on OL/WR/RB

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2021, 09:35:04 AM »
I think one of these two things will happen if we end up with Robert Saleh:

1.  Trade back with Atlanta and bring in Matt Ryan because he knows the Shanahan offense.  He'd compete with Sam Darnold unless a QB slips to that spot.

2.  Take Zach Wilson (or Justin Fields, hopefully not) at 2.  Trade Darnold to the highest bidder.  Bring in one of the SF QB free agents, CJ Beathard or Nick Mullens. 

That second pick will get a new QB some way.  We can't go into 2021 with Sam Darnold as our surefire starting QB.  He either needs to be gone or he needs legitimate competition. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2021, 10:36:18 AM »

1.  Trade back with Atlanta and bring in Matt Ryan because he knows the Shanahan offense.  He'd compete with Sam Darnold unless a QB slips to that spot.

2.  Take Zach Wilson (or Justin Fields, hopefully not) at 2.  Trade Darnold to the highest bidder.  Bring in one of the SF QB free agents, CJ Beathard or Nick Mullens. 

That second pick will get a new QB some way.  We can't go into 2021 with Sam Darnold as our surefire starting QB.  He either needs to be gone or he needs legitimate competition. 
You would keep Darnold if we dealt for Matt Ryan? I don't really see the point. Ryan is better than Darnold now, and Darnold is soon a free agent. If we're trading for Ryan, I'd rather recoup a pick elsewhere for Sam.

Outside of that nitpick, both those options are fine by me.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2021, 10:38:12 AM »
You would keep Darnold if we dealt for Matt Ryan? I don't really see the point. Ryan is better than Darnold now, and Darnold is soon a free agent. If we're trading for Ryan, I'd rather recoup a pick elsewhere for Sam.

Outside of that nitpick, both those options are fine by me.

In this scenario, Ryan would be part of a deal where Atlanta is moving up to 2.  So if we don't draft a QB with their first rounder, then Darnold stays on to compete with Ryan.  I don't think you hand the keys to either of them. 

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2021, 12:29:47 PM »

Kinda like the plot in "The Producers" where they sold 25,000 percent of a (planned flop) show to investors.   

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2021, 02:06:36 PM »
Yes, that's all I wanted. Or draft Jesus. That would make me happy too.

I'd rather Moses. Jesus is good at sacrificing himself. Moses is good at parting the sea.

I think you shore up the offense now, defense be damned.  We cannot continue to choke off our QB, whoever it is, with lack of talent.  I'd rather lose shootouts than have a defeated hoo-ha as QB because he has no help.

100% this.

Scenario 1 fits into my attitude a few weeks ago. 2 fits more into my thinking after Sam's major lack of performance at the end of the year. I'll be okay keeping Sam if Ryan comes in but yeah, neither should be considered the starter until the last day of preseason.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: