Author Topic: Assorted 2021 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 48285 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Assorted 2021 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2021, 07:54:00 PM »
If they don’t trade him prior to the draft, he won’t be “up for auction” until at least next offseason, and we can’t plan on that. That #2 pick needs to get us a QB for next year. Whether that’s Watson, Wilson or a ton of assets for Sam we need to use it to aid us
Watson is one example. But if the plan is to give Sam one last shot, picking up an extra 1et next year in a trade down would give us a lot more ammo for a trade in the draft or for a veteran. Maybe a stud linebacker demands a trade. Maybe a stud WR demands a trade.

My overall point is that the #2 pick in the draft is a massive draft asset, especially in a draft that potentially has multiple QBs.

I would rather end up with the #2 or #3 OT and another 1st-rounder next year. If the 49ers or Panthers or Broncos want to trade up for Zach Wilson and give us a 1 next year and additional picks, I would do that.

Sewell is great. If we stay at 2 and don't take a QB, he is my top choice. But I think we should get more out of that pick than a right tackle, assuming the QB class is viewed extremely highly around the league.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2021, 09:36:29 AM »
this is the season for optimism, dude. 

That word isn't in my vocab. 35 years of rooting for this team has made sure of it.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2021, 09:58:23 AM »
That word isn't in my vocab. 35 years of rooting for this team has made sure of it.

Are you gonna be our Asian version of championshipjets69?  #curmudgeon
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2021, 10:13:24 AM »
draft sewell at 2 and a wr in the back half of the round, thats my preferred situation if we cant have trevor.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2021, 10:59:59 AM »
Is Sewell a truly elite prospect? Someone that is a massive difference maker on the offensive line, especially being put at RT? I haven’t watched enough of him, but I respect Daniel Jeremiah’s opinion and he doesn’t even have him as his #1 OT.

I feel like if you’re going to pass on a very good QB prospect, or even a top tier WR prospect, you have to be sure Sewell is a future perennial all pro.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2021, 11:05:10 AM »
Is Sewell a truly elite prospect? Someone that is a massive difference maker on the offensive line, especially being put at RT? I haven’t watched enough of him, but I respect Daniel Jeremiah’s opinion and he doesn’t even have him as his #1 OT.

Penei Sewell is the best tackle prospect in 21 years.  He is better than Jake Long and Joe Thomas. 

Jeremiah is watching last year's film, because Slater didn't play this season either.  I have absolutely no idea how he can rank at 6'3 305 "OT" over Sewell. 

In their respective film, Slater is 22 years old.  Sewell is 19.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2021, 11:09:34 AM »
Penei Sewell is the best tackle prospect in 21 years.  He is better than Jake Long and Joe Thomas. 

Jeremiah is watching last year's film, because Slater didn't play this season either.  I have absolutely no idea how he can rank at 6'3 305 "OT" over Sewell. 

In their respective film, Slater is 22 years old.  Sewell is 19.

Do you project that Sewell will have a better career than Becton?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2021, 11:12:01 AM »
Do you project that Sewell will have a better career than Becton?

Sewell is the better prospect.  If they were in the same class, I'd take Sewell. 

I loved Mekhi Becton before he was even draft eligible.  You just don't see kids his size playing tackle anymore.  He is absolutely freakish, but he doesn't have the athleticism or the feet that Penei Sewell has.

Sewell has the skillset to be the best overall tackle in the NFL.  Becton has the potential to develop into the best run blocker in the NFL.  Sewell is the best pass protecting lineman to maybe ever enter the NFL Draft.

The term "generational" is being used to describe Trevor Lawrence.  The same thing can be said for Sewell.  He's that good. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2021, 11:15:02 AM »
Daniel Jeremiah is on crack if he thinks a 6'3 305 pound zone tackle (Rashawn Slater) is a better NFL prospect than 6'6 331 pounder (Penei Sewell). 

Measurables alone should bump Slater down the list.  He is a guard at the next level. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 11:17:11 AM by Heismanberg »

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2021, 11:35:20 AM »
Sewell is the better prospect.  If they were in the same class, I'd take Sewell. 

I loved Mekhi Becton before he was even draft eligible.  You just don't see kids his size playing tackle anymore.  He is absolutely freakish, but he doesn't have the athleticism or the feet that Penei Sewell has.

Sewell has the skillset to be the best overall tackle in the NFL.  Becton has the potential to develop into the best run blocker in the NFL.  Sewell is the best pass protecting lineman to maybe ever enter the NFL Draft.

The term "generational" is being used to describe Trevor Lawrence.  The same thing can be said for Sewell.  He's that good. 

If we take him, would you play him at LT and move Becton to RT?

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2021, 11:38:50 AM »
Are you gonna be our Asian version of championshipjets69?  #curmudgeon

I won't spew as much negativity as champ did, but I've been conditioned to always expect the worse, so it comes through.

I hope JD comes through in HC, FA, and draft...but do I expect him to? No.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2021, 12:22:45 PM »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2021, 12:50:31 PM »
If we take Sewell, I'm not worried about having to pay two bigtime OT. If Sewell and Becton are both elite, pay them both and build from the inside out.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2021, 01:33:39 PM »
If we take Sewell, I'm not worried about having to pay two bigtime OT. If Sewell and Becton are both elite, pay them both and build from the inside out.

Wut?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2021, 01:42:14 PM »

Tags: