Biden plus a mix
2 (11.8%)
Trump plus a mix
0 (0%)
Third party
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: November 04, 2020, 09:53:47 AM

Author Topic: Election 2020  (Read 128445 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Election 2020
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2020, 05:19:47 PM »
Step 1: vote out white supremacist
Step 2: primary "centrist" dem 4 years later, assuming he survives the process
Step 3: nominate and elect actual progressive

We don't have a single move solution here, but we have to work the one we have.

The Dems aren't the reason Trump won four years ago, voters not showing up to the voting booths are what got Trump elected four years ago. Those who don't live in swing states don't get a pass as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone who stayed home is complicit, don't care how comfortable the Democratic lead was, my own dumb derriere not returning my absentee ballot last year included.

Side note: the fun thing is that the Black voters of South Carolina are the first block that really helped swing the nomination to Biden.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2020, 05:54:39 PM »
Step 1: vote out white supremacist
Step 2: primary "centrist" dem 4 years later, assuming he survives the process
Step 3: nominate and elect actual progressive

We don't have a single move solution here, but we have to work the one we have.

The Dems aren't the reason Trump won four years ago, voters not showing up to the voting booths are what got Trump elected four years ago. Those who don't live in swing states don't get a pass as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone who stayed home is complicit, don't care how comfortable the Democratic lead was, my own dumb derriere not returning my absentee ballot last year included.

Side note: the fun thing is that the Black voters of South Carolina are the first block that really helped swing the nomination to Biden.
One could argue the Dems lost it by nominating Hillary, who was despised by a large amount of voters, and that caused some people to stay home or to spite-vote against her.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2020, 06:15:18 PM »
One could argue the Dems lost it by nominating Hillary, who was despised by a large amount of voters, and that caused some people to stay home or to spite-vote against her.

I’d buy that excuse against Romney, not the fascist sympathizer.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2020, 06:48:38 PM »

lmaoooooo.

Man, can't wait to see this place in November.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2020, 07:00:17 PM »

Man, can't wait to see the cop trials by combat at the East Rutherford Autonomous Zone stadium

FYP

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2020, 07:44:37 PM »
depending on the style of hunger games for police officers announced by the candidates, im undecided.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2020, 08:06:14 PM »

FYP

Hold it in Yankees Stadium and Citifield for the NYPD. Whoever survives still has to fight their way out of the Bronx and Queens to make it to the Garden for the finals.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2020, 09:19:18 PM »

The difference between a corporation and Mitt Romney is that a corporation is a person

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2020, 07:43:09 AM »

Yup. Let’s not forget the way Bernie was thrown under the bus in 2016 for a candidate many people didn’t want. Hillary Clinton ran an all time awful campaign and assumed the W. You can give Nate Silver, CNN, NYT, etc. the assist by touting the polls that said Hillary had a 92% chance to win the election. Also Hillary won the popular vote so I’m not sure you can pin this on voters not showing up.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2020, 07:52:46 AM »
Yup. Let’s not forget the way Bernie was thrown under the bus in 2016 for a candidate many people didn’t want. Hillary Clinton ran an all time awful campaign and assumed the W. You can give Nate Silver, CNN, NYT, etc. the assist by touting the polls that said Hillary had a 92% chance to win the election. Also Hillary won the popular vote so I’m not sure you can pin this on voters not showing up.
Once she lost, I quit assuming anything about politics.  I thought she had that election wrapped up.  Unless Trump is dead, I won't assume he will lose or win.  If voter turnout is bad in this election, there is no reason for anyone to ever think that will change.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2020, 07:55:33 AM »
Bernie isn’t as universally loved as

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/11/politics/popular-vote-turnout-2016/index.html

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2020, 07:58:51 AM »
Once she lost, I quit assuming anything about politics.  I thought she had that election wrapped up.  Unless Trump is dead, I won't assume he will lose or win.  If voter turnout is bad in this election, there is no reason for anyone to ever think that will change.

Procedural voter suppression is going to be a contentious issue in November. Georgia’s state elections were an overpacked shitshow yesterday and DC’s last week were less than stellar with people waiting hours due to a lot of voting stations being closed.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2020, 08:06:01 AM »
Procedural voter suppression is going to be a contentious issue in November. Georgia’s state elections were an overpacked shitshow yesterday and DC’s last week were less than stellar with people waiting hours due to a lot of voting stations being closed.
It's really unfathomable to me, I've never spent more than about 30 min at the polls and that was for the 2016 general in the evening so it was expectedly crowded. Any other time I've voted since then I was out in under 7-10 minutes.

I just mailed my absentee ballot for NY's 6/23 primary so zero minutes for that one. But I don't hold the voters responsible for not getting it in earlier, it's unreasonable for them to have to endure that excrement to vote in person on election day.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2020, 08:26:50 AM »
It's really unfathomable to me, I've never spent more than about 30 min at the polls and that was for the 2016 general in the evening so it was expectedly crowded. Any other time I've voted since then I was out in under 7-10 minutes.

I just mailed my absentee ballot for NY's 6/23 primary so zero minutes for that one. But I don't hold the voters responsible for not getting it in earlier, it's unreasonable for them to have to endure that excrement to vote in person on election day.

Right now it’s done under the umbrella of COVID-19 protections. Don’t know if it is going to continue into November.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2020, 08:33:43 AM »
Right now it’s done under the umbrella of COVID-19 protections. Don’t know if it is going to continue into November.
But that's not unusual for black neighborhood polling places even under non-pandemic circumstances.

Tags: