Author Topic: Several new Marvel + Netflix series coming  (Read 11016 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Several new Marvel + Netflix series coming
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2020, 07:22:02 PM »
Sure whatever I mean I’ll watch them at some point, but after Thanos, I’m not sure how excited about the MCU I am.

Given the pandemic, I’m not sure how superhero movies will play at the box office (whenever it reopens). Will they be bigger than ever because people are desperate for any idea that one person (or a group) can save the world from any impending threat? Or are they going to be largely ignored because of the state of the world?
Need a new one for a new board...

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2020, 08:49:24 PM »
i dont think theyre going to release anything for awhile, theres only a few things left planned for this year anyway.

i've read theres a real expectation that marvel just dosent release any of the big movies like black widow and the eternals this year. they'll be able to have a monster 2021 and cash in on everyone wanting to go out again without the cloud hanging over them like it will be in november if covid is still going and makes a surge like is predicted, and especially this stuff.

ive also seen people claiming marvel wants to lay low and not remind everyone they empowered black people with black panther, for whatever idiot reason.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2020, 10:31:30 PM »
ive also seen people claiming marvel wants to lay low and not remind everyone they empowered black people with black panther, for whatever idiot reason.

Presumably that's mostly coming from the fat (wait, sorry, I know that's suddenly a sensitive term round here) neckbeards who were so upset by that particular battle scene in Endgame.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2020, 11:39:25 PM »
This country needs T'challa
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2020, 12:21:07 PM »
For movies, I doubt they are going to push anything back.  They've already pushed back their entire slate by 6 months and theaters should be fine by October.  I also don't think there is any chance they consolidate their schedule as they are planning to release 4 movies each year.  People to go to the movies enough for them to make the money they're looking to make.  Additionally this would lead to them competing with other Disney properties.

From a TV perspective, everything so far has been schedules will remain.  They apparantly got pretty close to being finished shooting FTWS, it sound slike they have ~20% left to shoot.  Seeing as this will likely be a weekly release like Netflix, that means they won't need to wrap up shooting until Sep/Oct.

On a less serious note, I'm very excited to have a much needed distraction from COVID and now the protests.  We need something to unite us, and Marvel should be able to do that.  I'm interested in seeing where Marvel chooses to go, at the moment it seems like we're moving towards Dark Avengers lead by General Ross bringing back Zemo and a couple other characters. 

Should be fun.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 12:23:29 PM by insanity »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2020, 12:26:37 PM »
For movies, I doubt they are going to push anything back.  They've already pushed back their entire slate by 6 months and theaters should be fine by October.  I also don't think there is any chance they consolidate their schedule as they are planning to release 4 movies each year.  People to go to the
movies enough for them to make the money they're looking to make.  Additionally this would lead to them competing with other Disney properties.

They probably have to be careful which ones they release; the Avengers and the big characters like Spiderman do big enough US box office numbers that they can probably justify it, but for a lot of the others they don't do much more than wash their face with the US box office. They need the other territories to make a good sized profit and a lot of those countries will not have theatres open, or at least nowhere near fully, by October.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2020, 08:19:25 AM »
They probably have to be careful which ones they release; the Avengers and the big characters like Spiderman do big enough US box office numbers that they can probably justify it, but for a lot of the others they don't do much more than wash their face with the US box office. They need the other territories to make a good sized profit and a lot of those countries will not have theatres open, or at least nowhere near fully, by October.
I mean China is the biggest one and they are ahead of us.  I get your point though, Black Widow and Eternals are not going to draw the average fan to the theater during a time of crisis and it might not be encouraging to even stream it right away.
I actually feel kind of bad for ScarJo.  Took her 10 years to get her own movie and this happens, quite unfortunate.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2021, 08:38:57 AM »
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings was directed by the same guy that is responsible for Short Term 12

Highly recommend that movie to everyone
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: