Biden plus a mix
2 (11.8%)
Trump plus a mix
0 (0%)
Third party
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: November 04, 2020, 09:53:47 AM

Author Topic: Election 2020  (Read 126056 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Election 2020
« on: June 08, 2020, 07:30:29 PM »
Starting a new thread for the general election since Biden's corpse was dragged across the delegate threshold.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
Re: Election 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 07:34:41 PM »
I'd feel better if we could just skip the debates this year.  Trump's gonna say some excrement like "Pikachu is a slut" and then the media will be all "OMG WHAT DOES THIS MEAN WHY IS HE GOING AFTER POKEMON" for two months and BLM and COVID will be a distant memory by election day.

On one hand I would like to ignore the debates because there is zero chance of gaining anything positive from enduring it, but on the other hand I will have FOMO, and on a third hand Biden should avoid debates as much as possible so people can believe they're voting for "generic democrat" and not be reminded how shitty he is.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 08:14:25 PM »
On one hand I would like to ignore the debates because there is zero chance of gaining anything positive from enduring it, but on the other hand I will have FOMO, and on a third hand Biden should avoid debates as much as possible so people can believe they're voting for "generic democrat" and not be reminded how shitty he is.
Yeah, he should shut his trap as much as possible because it only hurts him and Trump digs his own hole.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 08:45:58 PM »
Orange Man Bad SZN
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 10:25:25 AM »
On one hand I would like to ignore the debates because there is zero chance of gaining anything positive from enduring it, but on the other hand I will have FOMO, and on a third hand

Biden should avoid debates as much as possible so people can believe they're voting for "generic democrat" and not be reminded how shitty he is.
"geriatric democrat"  the closeted candidate.   Biden - Hide Him 2020.

Biden goes into the WH and starts out his presidency with his pedestrian at best "best days" in the rear view mirror.  Good chance he not long game-worthy at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. and that you could actually be voting for his running mate (who is???).    Trump turns me off on many levels - Biden concerns me on many levels.  Trump warts and all has his hands on the wheel for better or worse.  Biden it will be argued will at least surround himself with a "competent staff" vs. the Trump-fired merry-go-round roster, however the Biden scenario also translates to: unelected.  Looks like another 'can't bring myself to vote for either' election.  2016...2020....another pair of deuces....this is the best this country can come up with?  A narcissistic blowhard vs. a bumbling shell.  Great.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 10:29:40 AM »

Looks like another 'can't bring myself to vote for either' election.  2016...2020....another pair of deuces....this is the best this country can come up with?  A narcissistic blowhard vs. a bumbling shell.  Great.

JE is gonna scold you without first checking which state you live in

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 10:48:11 AM »

JE is gonna scold you without first checking which state you live in

I don't give a freak what state you live in. Promoting the whole "neither candidate is worthy of my vote so I'm not going to bother" narrative when the choice is so freaking stark. Unless you're a full blown radical at either end of the spectrum it's a simple and obvious freaking choice and opting out because one of them is a bit suboptimal is bullshit position.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 11:38:17 AM »
I don't give a freak what state you live in. Promoting the whole "neither candidate is worthy of my vote so I'm not going to bother" narrative when the choice is so freaking stark. Unless you're a full blown radical at either end of the spectrum it's a simple and obvious freaking choice and opting out because one of them is a bit suboptimal is bullshit position.
Unless you live in a swing state it doesn't matter. This is simple fact.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 11:45:09 AM »
Explaining to the widow of a man who killed himself over medical debt that I understand the situation is a bit suboptimal

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 11:50:14 AM »
Unless you live in a swing state it doesn't matter. This is simple fact.

Your vote still matters because it's the message it sends. Popular vote may not decide elections but it's a common metric. You can make the argument that by not voting in a sure thing state you're sending the message you want to, but my problem with it is and has always been that by saying "I'm not going to vote because I don't like either candidate" you are popularising a rhetoric that will be absorbed and acted upon by people in states where their vote does make a difference.

Refusing to vote because Biden isn't ideologically pure enough for you is sending the message that you don't really give a freak if Trump wins, because you either think that the Democrats will be as bad as the Trump administration or because if you can't have exactly what you want you don't care what everybody, including people in much worse situations than you, ends up with. The first view is batshit and the second is downright offensive, IMO.

freaking vote.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 12:46:16 PM »
Pretending a message is material is the pinnacle of liberal bullshit. Find someone in PA to nag.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 12:47:30 PM »

you don't care what everybody, including people in much worse situations than you, ends up with.

Description of every Biden primary voter

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2020, 01:42:36 PM »
Howie Hawkins SZN

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2020, 04:20:34 PM »
Pretending a message is material is the pinnacle of liberal bullshit. Find someone in PA to nag.

damn you calling me out

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2020, 04:26:27 PM »
people can harp on how horrible trump is all they want while ignoring the historical record of the democratic party fcking over the supposed constituents they claim to represent, fine, whatever. that doesn't change the fact that the dems are the reason why trump got into office 4 years ago, and they're the reason why we'll have him for 4 more years.

and before you jump me, i was just as much of a bernie supporter 4 years ago as i am now, and i voted for hilary in PA. my own anecdotal experience is that i knew of nobody else who was a bernie supporter who did not vote for hilary, so i don't know if that matters, but i am just one experience.

Tags: