Author Topic: 2014 Offseason General Sports  (Read 9017 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: 2014 Offseason General Sports
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2014, 06:27:47 PM »
dook*

You're (somewhat) from the area, are all their fans insufferable? the basketball fans up north certainly are
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 06:37:50 PM »
You're (somewhat) from the area, are all their fans insufferable? the basketball fans up north certainly are

I love the "huge" college basketball fans that didn't attend the school and have probably never been there.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 07:12:48 PM »
I went to school at NC State.  Duke fans are bad, but UNC fans are by far the worst.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2014, 07:14:38 PM »

I agree with Bo. 

Tar Heel fans are way more annoying.  And most of the ones that are around our age act like they watched Michael Jordan's college career.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2014, 07:21:57 PM »
Lots of fair weather fans who bought a UNC hat at Walmart, making them a die hard fan.  Nowhere to be found if they have a mediocre season. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 07:39:14 PM »
that makes a fair amount of sense.  The bandwagon Duke fans up here are endless.  They obviously relate to all of the fugly white kids that Duke insists on recruiting

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 07:45:10 PM »
that makes a fair amount of sense.  The bandwagon Duke fans up here are endless.  They obviously relate to all of the fugly white kids that Duke insists on recruiting

I will say this:  the Heel fans annoy me because there's more of them, but I hate the people I know that root for Duke.

I work with a guy that likes Duke, the Patriots, and the Red Sox...and he's never lived out of this redneck derriere county that I'm in now.  I want to punch him in the face every time he starts talking about sports.

The fag admits to being a Braves and Panthers fan at one point, but just couldn't root for them anymore because they "weren't good". 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:48:13 PM by Heismanberg »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2014, 07:51:08 PM »
I will say this:  the Heel fans annoy me because there's more of them, but I hate the people I know that root for Duke.

I work with a guy that likes Duke, the Patriots, and the Red Sox...and he's never lived out of this redneck derriere county that I'm in now.  I want to punch him in the face every time he starts talking about sports.

The fag admits to being a Braves and Panthers fan at one point, but just couldn't root for them anymore because they "weren't good". 

I'm sure he was a huuuge pats fan pre-brady. 

LOL @ the braves not being good

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 07:58:37 PM »
LOL @ the braves not being good

He gets destroyed all the time by a few guys that are Braves fans.  And predictably, he always brings up championships and then walks off.  I actually hate him.  At first, I just thought he was annoying...but he is unbearable if anyone starts talking about sports and he's around.  "Oh...you're talking about golf in May?  How 'bout my Patriots?"

He tried to argue with me about Jimmy Garoppolo being a Heisman candidate.  I had to explain that it wasn't possible, and then he was like:  "if the Jets took him, you would be on my side!"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:00:19 PM by Heismanberg »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 11:14:55 PM »

Exactly. Tar Heel fans are worse. But Duke fans are insufferable in their own ways and seem to root for other teams I hate. NC State fans are just depressed, and I don't know any Wake Forest fans.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 06:07:39 AM »
NC State fans are just depressed
Hey now!  Seriously, as long as the tailgate is good, we are good.  We are used to being average.  If we have fair weather fans it's because they don't know what good weather is.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 06:10:13 AM by bojanglesman »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 08:26:46 AM »
Myself, I'm a diehard ECU fan

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 10:36:57 AM »
Myself, I'm a diehard ECU fan

Everyone in my family went there.  Except me.  Legendary party school back in the 90's.

Tags: