Author Topic: 2020 NCAA Football Season  (Read 33042 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: 2020 NCAA Football Season
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2020, 06:38:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1292604222119305216?s=19

That's a theoretically reasonable position if you have faith in thousands of 19 and 20 year old university athletes to all buy into it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2020, 06:55:00 PM »
That's a theoretically reasonable position if you have faith in thousands of 19 and 20 year old university athletes to all buy into it.

Jets fans hating Trevor Lawrence because they are so terrified of Sam Darnold sucking is Charmin™ soft football fandom at its finest. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2020, 06:59:43 PM »
Jets fans hating Trevor Lawrence because they are so terrified of Sam Darnold sucking is Charmin™ soft football fandom at its finest. 

I beg your freaking pardon? I think I've been very clear that the reason I hate Trevor Lawrence because of his stupid gay hair and his stupid smug punchable face.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2020, 07:03:24 PM »
I beg your freaking pardon? I think I've been very clear that the reason I hate Trevor Lawrence because of his stupid gay hair and his stupid smug punchable face.

Wasn’t calling you out.

There’s an annoying group of NYJ fans on Twitter that get very upset any time someone brings up Lawrence.

Gustoon got pissy this morning.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2020, 07:05:43 PM »
Wasn’t calling you out.

There’s an annoying group of NYJ fans on Twitter that get very upset any time someone brings up Lawrence.

So we're agreed on the hair and face? (Not that having a fat ginger head is much better, but at least it's not gay and smug.)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2020, 07:32:08 PM »
Wasn’t calling you out.

If we are in position to take Lawrence there should be no hesitation.

I want Sam to win 10 Super Bowls as a Jet. But if we are 2-14 this year, Lawrence has to be the choice. You trade Sam for whatever you can get and then use the Seattle selection to not make the same mistakes we made with Sam, and we surround him with every ounce of protection and weaponry we can
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2020, 07:40:39 PM »
So we're agreed on the hair and face? (Not that having a fat ginger head is much better, but at least it's not gay and smug.)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2020, 07:41:14 PM »
If we are in position to take Lawrence there should be no hesitation.

I want Sam to win 10 Super Bowls as a Jet. But if we are 2-14 this year, Lawrence has to be the choice. You trade Sam for whatever you can get and then use the Seattle selection to not make the same mistakes we made with Sam, and we surround him with every ounce of protection and weaponry we can

This is how I feel too.  If we're 2-14 it's because Sam was either seriously hurt or awful. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2020, 07:52:20 PM »
    This is how I feel too.  If we're 2-14 it's because Sam was either seriously hurt or awful. 

Agreed. I just don’t see any scenario where Sam is above average or better and we end up picking #1. I could see Sam making strides and us still picking top 5, but not #1.

Now I suppose it sure would be interesting as freak if Sam has an average year and we go 6-10 and Seattle through some combination of COVID horrid luck and injuries ends up giving us the #1 pick. In that scenario I’d gauge what I could get for #1 and for Sam. But I’d have to imagine that we could get at least 3 #1s for Lawrence, and possibly more than that. Which means I’m inclined to keep Sam, trade that pick down into the top 4-6 range and then reap the ridiculous rewards over the next 3 drafts.
    [/list]

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
    • Curtis Martin
    • SAUCE
    « Reply #39 on: August 09, 2020, 09:22:02 PM »
    Big 10 is expected to announce the cancellation of all fall sports tomorrow. 

I think we'll see all of the Power 5 conference follow them. 

The NFL Draft will be severely impacted by a cancellation of college football in the fall. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
    « Reply #40 on: August 09, 2020, 09:53:30 PM »

The NFL Draft will be severely impacted by a cancellation of college football in the fall. 

I have to believe they try and run football in the spring.

I also have no idea how that impacts the draft and the 2021 college season

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
    • Curtis Martin
    • SAUCE
    « Reply #41 on: August 10, 2020, 09:45:01 AM »
    I also have no idea how that impacts the draft and the 2021 college season

If the NCAA moves the season to Spring 2021, the draft will need to be pushed back.  You have to give the franchises more time to evaluate talent. 

I think you'd have to push the NFL season back a little bit too.  A reduction of the preseason is almost a lock, but starting training camps in August instead of July would be necessary. 

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
    • I'm Chad Pennington
    « Reply #42 on: August 10, 2020, 10:25:30 AM »
    i think it's too early to try and figure out the ramifications for next season/the draft

we don't even know if the nfl will be able to complete its season this fall/winter. it may get pushed back/cancelled, and that'll obviously affect the timeline of the 2021 nfl season

what happens if a vaccine drops in january. can we start to play sports more reliably then? could an ncaa football season then happen?

if so, draft would get pushed back, nfl season would likely get pushed back depending on the delay/postponement/cancellation of the current upcoming nfl season as mentioned above

i honestly don't think postponements are the end of the world. we are close to a vaccine. we just have to wait and see

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
    « Reply #43 on: August 10, 2020, 02:33:53 PM »

Rutgers tied for first.
    So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
    • Curtis Martin
    • SAUCE
    « Reply #44 on: August 10, 2020, 02:54:29 PM »
    Rutgers tied for first.

It's astonishing that they cannot find a competent quarterback. 

Tags: