Author Topic: Jets sign Joe Flacco 1 year / $1.5M  (Read 9407 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Jets sign Joe Flacco 1 year / $1.5M
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2020, 08:39:13 PM »
I'm happy with the Flacco signing.  Calling a guy who will ideally not take a single snap for us the best signing of free agency is absurd.
That’s a bingo
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2020, 08:41:43 PM »
Still not the most important signing...sorry.

Also not the fattest signing, but I didn't make that argument either.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2020, 08:43:46 PM »
I'm happy with the Flacco signing.  Calling a guy who will ideally not take a single snap for us the best signing of free agency is absurd.

Depends whether you think the only thing that matters is what he does on the field. But I'm certainly willing to hear arguments as to why you think that Adam Gase and Patton Oswalt will help Sam become an elite NFL quarterback because as yet no one has made a remotely good one.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2020, 08:48:50 PM »
Depends whether you think the only thing that matters is what he does on the field. But I'm certainly willing to hear arguments as to why you think that Adam Gase and Patton Oswalt will help Sam become an elite NFL quarterback because as yet no one has made a remotely good one.
You’re putting a lot of stock into Flacco’s role here...probably more so than Flacco himself

He’s a veteran presence that will hopefully be a good influence on Sam.

He’s a good signing, but not the best signing this offseason....not even freaking close.

Our OL upgrades were more necessary and clearly our better signings.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2020, 08:54:58 PM »

I don't think the coaching staff is good for Darnold.  And while I'm sure an established veteran in the meeting room will help Sam, I'm not sure why you think Joe Flacco is Quarterback Yoda.  He didn't seem to have a clue nor a care last year in Denver's system in spite of this comment on the rookie he was brought in to mentor:

"I got so many things to worry about," Flacco told reporters Monday, per Josh Alper of Pro Football Talk. "I'm trying to go out there and play good football. ... I'm not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does develop. I don't look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team."

It's a good signing.  No one is arguing that.  More important than a competent center?  I'm certain Sam Darnold AND Joe Flacco would disagree.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2020, 05:39:16 AM »
We’re not relying on Flacco to be a starter like we did with Enunwa. Plus, his contract is a drop in the bucket.

If we have to rely on Flacco to start for the majority of the season, we have bigger problems.
Just having him in QB meetings alone is the most important.

Unlike McCown, Flacco's actually won a championship and he's been a franchise QB.

Even if they're held together by duct tape, it's important to surround Sam with quality veterans like Flacco and Gore. 

That’s great except Sam has missed time in both of the last two seasons. Whoever is number 2 on the depth chart might actually have to play.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2020, 06:57:16 AM »
As a side note: assuming Flacco has accepted he will be a mentor going forward with whatever career he has left, Flacco will also be really good for Morgan as well.

Morgan is a big tools-y kid with a big arm that lacks touch and accuracy coming into the NFL. Does that sound to anyone else a bit like a poor mans Flacco coming out of college?

While we certainly need Flacco to have a bigger impact on Sam’s development, it’s not outside the realm of possibility that Flacco’s presence helps Morgan as well, and gives him a shot to become a legitimate NFL backup.
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2020, 07:54:50 AM »
Good move, always liked Flacco.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2020, 08:20:56 AM »
He’s gonna teach Sam how to be tall

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2020, 08:36:31 AM »
If we're in the thick of things and Darnold has to miss a game or two, I feel a lot better about our chances with Flacco than anyone we've had previously.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2020, 10:37:46 AM »
This is a good signing. Glad to know we have a real QB2.

#ByeFales

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2020, 10:58:17 AM »
It's a good signing.  No one is arguing that.  More important than a competent center?  I'm certain Sam Darnold AND Joe Flacco would disagree.

Not sure why you keep arguing against things I didn't say.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2020, 11:19:35 AM »
Except...you did

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2020, 11:22:41 AM »
Except...you did

When I'm talking to you I'll be sure to let you know.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2020, 11:28:38 AM »
You said "best", he said "most important". I'm gonna start a thread about cast iron cookware.

Tags: