Author Topic: Jets sign Joe Flacco 1 year / $1.5M  (Read 9659 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Jets sign Joe Flacco 1 year / $1.5M
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 03:43:03 PM »
I’m more worried that we just signed Enunwa’s neck rehab buddy.
We’re not relying on Flacco to be a starter like we did with Enunwa. Plus, his contract is a drop in the bucket.

If we have to rely on Flacco to start for the majority of the season, we have bigger problems.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 03:45:39 PM »
I’m more worried that we just signed Enunwa’s neck rehab buddy.

Just having him in QB meetings alone is the most important.

Unlike McCown, Flacco's actually won a championship and he's been a franchise QB.

Even if they're held together by duct tape, it's important to surround Sam with quality veterans like Flacco and Gore. 

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 03:49:02 PM »
Just having him in QB meetings alone is the most important.

Unlike McCown, Flacco's actually won a championship and he's been a franchise QB.

Even if they're held together by duct tape, it's important to surround Sam with quality veterans like Flacco and Gore.
Plus...in this scenario, Sam isn’t looking over his shoulder. Like he would be if Cam Newton were signed.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 03:57:52 PM »
Plus...in this scenario, Sam isn’t looking over his shoulder. Like he would be if Cam Newton were signed.

The only quarterback that Sam Darnold should see over his shoulder is Trevor Lawrence. 

He needs to step it up and take control of this franchise in 2020. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 04:00:15 PM »
The only quarterback that Sam Darnold should see over his shoulder is Trevor Lawrence. 

He needs to step it up and take control of this franchise in 2020.
Sam will realize his full potential...when Gase and Loggains are shown the door.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 05:29:03 PM »
Great to hear. Excited to have a guy who actually has played at the highest level out there to help Sam elevate his game.
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 05:32:41 PM »
Last 2 years, we're 0-6 when Darnold doesn't play.

Flacco at least give us a chance, even if he is washed. Washed Flacco is still significantly better than prime Luke Falk.

And only $1.5 million.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 07:29:04 PM »
I honestly think this is the best free agent signing we made this year, especially at this price. Sam's not a greenhorn any more, he needs a vet to push him and who can run his playbook if he goes down but also one who has seen it all and wants to be the coach in the QB room and on the sideline. This isn't a Gase signing, this is a smart signing.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 07:30:22 PM »
I honestly think this is the best free agent signing we made this year, especially at this price. Sam's not a greenhorn any more, he needs a vet to push him and who can run his playbook if he goes down but also one who has seen it all and wants to be the coach in the QB room and on the sideline. This isn't a Gase signing, this is a smart signing.
Connor McGovern is better.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2020, 07:35:19 PM »
Connor McGovern is better.

Connor McGovern might be good, but he has played one season at center in the NFL and is being $9M a year to do it for us. More than any other FA we signed I want him to be good because it was our single biggest problem going into FA.

Joe Flacco is a Super Bowl winning quarterback being paid one sixth of that to help our incredibly talented but slightly flawed and slightly vulnerable franchise QB become the future of the club for the next 10+ years.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2020, 07:49:56 PM »
Connor McGovern might be good, but he has played one season at center in the NFL and is being $9M a year to do it for us. More than any other FA we signed I want him to be good because it was our single biggest problem going into FA.

Joe Flacco is a Super Bowl winning quarterback being paid one sixth of that to help our incredibly talented but slightly flawed and slightly vulnerable franchise QB become the future of the club for the next 10+ years.
The Flacco signing isn’t better than our FA OL upgrades....stop.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2020, 08:02:55 PM »

You are wrong for 2 reasons.

1) You're a Brit

2) I'm drunk

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2020, 08:26:23 PM »
The Flacco signing isn’t better than our FA OL upgrades....stop.

McGovern might end up being an excellent signing and van Roten could be good as well. They're definitely both upgrades on what we had before. Fant looks like an expensive insurance policy and Lewis is likely the same level of mediocre as he was last year.

Flacco is a colossal upgrade on Fales and Siemian and whoever that queynte was that was the excuse for why Gase wasn't at fault for us being excrement, and he's costing (in NFL terms) pocket change.

Flacco is the best signing of FA until we see people in pads.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2020, 08:38:46 PM »

I'm happy with the Flacco signing.  Calling a guy who will ideally not take a single snap for us the best signing of free agency is absurd.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2020, 08:38:50 PM »
McGovern might end up being an excellent signing and van Roten could be good as well. They're definitely both upgrades on what we had before. Fant looks like an expensive insurance policy and Lewis is likely the same level of mediocre as he was last year.

Flacco is a colossal upgrade on Fales and Siemian and whoever that queynte was that was the excuse for why Gase wasn't at fault for us being excrement, and he's costing (in NFL terms) pocket change.

Still not the most important signing...sorry.

Tags: