Author Topic: Goodson trial  (Read 2557 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Goodson trial
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:04:17 AM »
Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN 6m
Mike Goodson rejects plea deal at arraignment. #nyj | http://fw.to/Gd5rjrh
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Goodson trial
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:10:37 AM »
I still think if Goodson is able to get out of this legal stuff unscathed and return to form from the knee injury (I know that is asking a lot), I think he still has a place on this team.  Obviously if he isn't healthy or gets jail time, then he'll get his walking papers.  I wouldn't write him off just yet though.  The little time he played, he seemed to be able to get significant yardage and break tackles.   

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 09:19:13 AM »
He isn't a good enough player to be worth the contract or the roster spot when he's clearly a complete freaking idiot who is one step removed from doing time. Cut his worthless derriere now and move on.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:23:17 AM »
I'm with JE, Goodson can freak off.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 09:24:42 AM »
If he's healthy and stays out of jail I don't have any problem with him being on the team for training camp at least. Unless another speed back falls into our laps I don't want him gone yet.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 09:25:26 AM »
He isn't a good enough player to be worth the contract or the roster spot when he's clearly a complete freaking idiot who is one step removed from doing time. Cut his worthless derriere now and move on.

He is an idiot, true.  If they already intend to cut him, I think they are keeping him on roster in case he gets convicted.  Then they can recapture part of his contract $.  I think if they cut him now, they can't get anything back if he's convicted later.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 09:52:01 AM »
He has the speed and catching ability this team desperately needs at the position. If the Jets don't draft one that fits that bill, I am all for keeping him around.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 10:03:12 AM »
I don't disagree that we might need a player to fill that role, I just don't want it to be Goodson. I don't like the idea of entrusting a roster spot to a player who you can never rely on to be available based upon behavioural history. There will be other options available, and Goodson isn't so talented as to be worth the risk.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 10:12:26 AM »
I think his injury is a lot more significant than his legal problems. If he stayed healthy after coming back from his suspension I really doubt people would be so eager to dump him.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 10:21:03 AM »
I think his injury is a lot more significant than his legal problems. If he stayed healthy after coming back from his suspension I really doubt people would be so eager to dump him.

I agree.  I don't think he'll be able to come back from his knee injury at anywhere near 100%.  Not in 2014 anyway.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 10:33:57 AM »
HB is a plug n' play position.  Goodson can, and will most likely be replaced in the offseason. 

That injury compounded with his legal troubles doesn't bode well for him.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: