Author Topic: Jim Harbaugh is a fine man  (Read 2158 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Jim Harbaugh is a fine man
« on: May 07, 2020, 03:52:28 PM »
This seems like an eminently reasonable proposal.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1258471783436636161
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Jim Harbaugh is a fine man
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 07:41:28 PM »
The problem with letting kids return to school is that most of them take the spring semester off.

I think we’d see a rise in academic ineligibility if the NCAA let players return.

If the NFL is expanding the season, rosters should be bigger and the draft should get a few more rounds.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 08:17:31 PM »
The problem with letting kids return to school is that most of them take the spring semester off.

I think we’d see a rise in academic ineligibility if the NCAA let players return.

If the NFL is expanding the season, rosters should be bigger and the draft should get a few more rounds.
I think the big question then would be whether they could they make up those credits in the summer. If they can, then this seems reasonable.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 08:38:47 PM »

I would love rosters to go up 6-10 players, and tack on an 8th round to the draft
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 08:54:48 PM »
I like the idea I saw of players being able to declare for the draft as a collegiate prospect. This would be for players who have one more year of study required to get their degree but wish to start making money; they can be selected by NFL teams but are returned to college for the next year before reporting to their team. Their professional contract is agreed post draft and they are paid by the NFL team for their final college year but at a much lower rate, and they retain football eligibility. This means that teams take the risk of drafting a player who subsequently gets injured or has a down year, but also could end up drafting a quality player lower down, while guys who just want to go to the big league and start playing can do so.

I'm sure there are problems with this plan, not least the NCAA, but it has some merit.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 10:06:36 AM »
pretty easy fix there, if you declare for the draft you need to register for summer school. you get drafted you leave, otherwise get to class.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 10:10:30 AM »
Losing that semester and making up classes won’t be an issue

A lot of redshirt sophomores and juniors deadset on leaving early won’t try in the fall...if this happens, it will be much harder for them to climb out of that hole.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: