Author Topic: Coronavirus NFL season adaptations  (Read 29122 times)

casman02

• Chad Pennington
Re: Coronavirus NFL season adaptations
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2021, 10:06:30 PM »
He was sitting in the vaccinated section during the Islanders games, so either he's vaccinated and just doesn't want to talk about it or he's a complete POS.

To add to this, I think you needed the vax to go to the draft. He was wearing a faux-mask there but and his mother may be.....interesting, but I am pretty sure he got the vaccine

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2021, 05:41:49 AM »
To add to this, I think you needed the vax to go to the draft. He was wearing a faux-mask there but and his mother may be.....interesting, but I am pretty sure he got the vaccine

Would a 20 year old without an essential job been capable of getting fully vaccinated by the time of the draft?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #242 on: July 23, 2021, 06:27:11 AM »
Would a 20 year old without an essential job been capable of getting fully vaccinated by the time of the draft?
If they had the right connections. Maybe the Jets hooked him up with the J&J vax under the table.

casman02

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #243 on: July 23, 2021, 06:33:23 AM »

I am a male in my 30's with no health conditions or an essential job living in NJ, which I believe was one of the last states by a decent margin to open up vaccinations to all people 18+. I received my first shot on 4/24. If other states were a month ahead of NJ I think they could have had 2 shots and 2 weeks before the draft on 4/29

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2021, 07:07:10 AM »
I am a male in my 30's with no health conditions or an essential job living in NJ, which I believe was one of the last states by a decent margin to open up vaccinations to all people 18+. I received my first shot on 4/24. If other states were a month ahead of NJ I think they could have had 2 shots and 2 weeks before the draft on 4/29

Alaska was the first state in the country to open up vaccines to everyone and they did so on March 10th

Other states didn't start until March 29th, and only very few of them did

March 29

Some States Open Vaccinations to All Adults

Kansas, Louisiana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma and Texas announce they are expanding vaccine eligibility to all adults, while Minnesota, Indiana, and South Carolina are expected to follow suit later in the week. Nearly all 50 states have pledged to expand eligibility to all adults by May 1.

So it's possible, but fairly unlikely that many of the nfl players were fully vaccinated by the time of the nfl draft

Unless they had special hookups. Which is entirely possible especially ZW

Otherwise you'd have to have lived in one of the first states in the country that offered the vaccine, be one of the first to get it. And even then you'd barely make it
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 07:09:19 AM by dcm1602 »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2021, 07:20:16 AM »
Vaccine centers in DC were allowing people to show up around closing and get the vaccine if they prepped more than they wound up using. He could have received it like that if they were doing it in Utah.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 07:25:15 AM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #246 on: July 23, 2021, 08:22:12 AM »
Vaccine centers in DC were allowing people to show up around closing and get the vaccine if they prepped more than they wound up using. He could have received it like that if they were doing it in Utah.

Sure it's feasible.

I'm just saying I don't believe it's plausible that every player who attended the draft was fully vaccinated, so I don't think you can use him attending the draft as an assumption that he is vaccinated

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #247 on: July 23, 2021, 08:42:21 AM »
Sure it's feasible.

I'm just saying I don't believe it's plausible that every player who attended the draft was fully vaccinated, so I don't think you can use him attending the draft as an assumption that he is vaccinated

There were only 15-20 players there. I imagine it's not beyond the corporate muscle of the NFL to make some calls and get any player they wanted in attendance vaccinated outside of any stated government policies and without them needing to line up with the hoi polloi.

The optics of a player attending the draft and then subsequently going full Beasley aren't good, and if there's one thing we know about the NFL it's that nothing happens without it first being examined from the perspective of Protect The Shield.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #248 on: July 23, 2021, 12:29:09 PM »
The NFL surely had access to the vaccine just like MLB teams were able to get their teams vaxxed before the general public regardless of what state you lived in
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #249 on: July 23, 2021, 01:21:32 PM »
The NFL surely had access to the vaccine just like MLB teams were able to get their teams vaxxed before the general public regardless of what state you lived in

If it was football season sure I could understand this

But why would the NFL go out of its way to get early access to vaccines 6 months before the start of the football season?

And then to give them to guy's who aren't even contracted in the NFL?

Sure I can understand why the nfl would want to get high-profile rookies to the draft to increase viewers and make monies

But I'd have to imagine the risk of blowback and controversy of getting caught giving vaccines to 21 year olds for a glorified photo op while hundreds of thousands of people have died from the disease makes a pretty treacherous risk vs reward profile
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 01:23:34 PM by dcm1602 »

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #250 on: July 23, 2021, 05:31:39 PM »

In Utah:

"Gov. Cox says effective Wednesday, March 24, everyone 16 and older in Utah will be eligible to make appointments to be vaccinated for COVID-19."
- https://www.abc4.com/news/top-stories/vaccine-eligibility-for-all-utah-adults-to-open-early/

Over a month before the draft.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2021, 02:21:04 PM »
Bucs are making vaccinated players wear red wristbands and unvaccinated ones yellow, and fining any unvaccinated player who breaches protocols $14K.

Arians is not freaking around with this.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2021, 02:24:10 PM »
Bucs are making vaccinated players wear red wristbands and unvaccinated ones yellow, and fining any unvaccinated player who breaches protocols $14K.

Arians is not freaking around with this.

Dudes had cancer 3 times and is almost 70

He's definitely in the very high risk category, so he absolutely should be all over any freaking jackass player that could literally kill him

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #254 on: July 29, 2021, 12:58:51 PM »
Just when you thought Cole Beasley couldn't be any more of a knob:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1420432504293625858

Also special mention for the Bills putting it out on their official club Twitter account and therefore by definition endorsing his thinly veiled conspiracy tropes.

Tags: