Author Topic: Coronavirus NFL season adaptations  (Read 29129 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Coronavirus NFL season adaptations
« Reply #227 on: July 22, 2021, 02:40:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/nypostsports/status/1418270947610611716?s=19

It gets better:

- if a team has to forfeit due to unvaccinated players, no one gets paid
- any forfeited game doesn't count as a loss in draft rankings
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #228 on: July 22, 2021, 02:43:15 PM »
Is there a list of what Jets players are antivaxxers?

Most importantly is ZW?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #229 on: July 22, 2021, 02:46:26 PM »
Is there a list of what Jets players are antivaxxers?

Most importantly is ZW?

I don't think they make that kind of thing public, I don't recall seeing any of our guys going full Beasley on Twitter though. As of a few days ago there were 13 teams with more than 85% of staff fully vaccinated; only Washington and Indy were below 50%.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2021, 04:13:21 PM »
I don't think they make that kind of thing public, I don't recall seeing any of our guys going full Beasley on Twitter though. As of a few days ago there were 13 teams with more than 85% of staff fully vaccinated; only Washington and Indy were below 50%.

Probably not. But there's gotta be some crazy fanboi compilation of who said what to the media and interviewers.

I'd imagine you'd be able to come up with a probable answer for a large number of players.

And who knows. With this forfeit stuff maybe excrement gets leaked to put pressure on players (albeit I'd also imagine this is a HIPPA violation that could stir up legal issues)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #231 on: July 22, 2021, 04:21:26 PM »
Probably not. But there's gotta be some crazy fanboi compilation of who said what to the media and interviewers.

I'd imagine you'd be able to come up with a probable answer for a large number of players.

And who knows. With this forfeit stuff maybe excrement gets leaked to put pressure on players (albeit I'd also imagine this is a HIPPA violation that could stir up legal issues)
I don't know that teams would be subject to HIPAA, most employers aren't. But I don't know if NFL teams are considered healthcare providers, I can see how they might be but my guess is that the actual healthcare side of things is probably outsourced with the teams only owning the physiotherapy / athletic training piece. They're already disclosing players' medical information publicly in the form of injury reports, so if they do have HIPAA obligations it may be that players have to wave their rights as part of the NFL contract.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #232 on: July 22, 2021, 05:08:29 PM »
I don't know that teams would be subject to HIPAA, most employers aren't. But I don't know if NFL teams are considered healthcare providers, I can see how they might be but my guess is that the actual healthcare side of things is probably outsourced with the teams only owning the physiotherapy / athletic training piece. They're already disclosing players' medical information publicly in the form of injury reports, so if they do have HIPAA obligations it may be that players have to wave their rights as part of the NFL contract.

You appear to be completely correct

I had no idea about that. Kinda crazy an employer has no obligation to protect your private health information. The injury and waiver thing I kinda understand due to  the nature of the nfl and competitiveness (ie if you could hide injuries teams would have an incentive to spy on the health of your players etc)

But one would think that the league would shame players for not getting vaccinated if that was a viable option for them

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #233 on: July 22, 2021, 05:56:54 PM »
It gets better:

- if a team has to forfeit due to unvaccinated players, no one gets paid
- any forfeited game doesn't count as a loss in draft rankings
That's crazy that both teams don't get paid.

Goodell ain't freaking around.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 05:58:42 PM by bojanglesman »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #234 on: July 22, 2021, 06:07:22 PM »
That's crazy that both teams don't get paid.

Goodell ain't freaking around.

"We're very sorry that you're not getting a game check this week, please feel free to take it up with Cole / Sam / Montez / Harrison / Adam / the rest of the braindead wankers. Feel free to put pressure on the clubs to sit their ignorant asses at home until they figure out that if they can jab themselves full of HGH and whatever other excrement they'll jack up to try and get an edge in the gym, they can freaking well take the vaccine that most of the entire world is doing. The self centred cunts."

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #235 on: July 22, 2021, 06:11:40 PM »
"We're very sorry that you're not getting a game check this week, please feel free to take it up with Cole / Sam / Montez / Harrison / Adam / the rest of the braindead wankers. Feel free to put pressure on the clubs to sit their ignorant asses at home until they figure out that if they can jab themselves full of HGH and whatever other excrement they'll jack up to try and get an edge in the gym, they can freaking well take the vaccine that most of the entire world is doing. The self centred cunts."

While I'm sure there's quite a few nfl players who use HGH, testosterone and AAS are way more common and effective

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #236 on: July 22, 2021, 06:53:57 PM »
So to start your list, dcm, these are the main names I've seen so far who have outed themselves as antivax fuckwits:

- Cole Beasley
- DeAndre Hopkins
- Montez Sweat
- Jonathan Feliciano
- Leonard Fournette
- Jalen Richard (no, me neither)

Might be antivax and have been at least irresponsibly noncommittal on it:

- Sam Darnold (dead to me)
- Jalen Ramsey
- Harrison Smith
- Adam Thielen

Feel free to add names to the list as you see them.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #237 on: July 22, 2021, 07:13:31 PM »
So to start your list, dcm, these are the main names I've seen so far who have outed themselves as antivax fuckwits:

- Cole Beasley
- DeAndre Hopkins
- Montez Sweat
- Jonathan Feliciano
- Leonard Fournette
- Jalen Richard (no, me neither)

Deadspin's Anti-Vaxxer poster boy

https://deadspin.com/nfl-players-better-get-vaxxed-now-or-it-could-cost-thei-1847345160

Might be antivax and have been at least irresponsibly noncommittal on it:

- Sam Darnold (dead to me)
- Jalen Ramsey
- Harrison Smith
- Adam Thielen

Feel free to add names to the list as you see them.

Given his luck with injury and illness he'll just be dead at this rate.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 07:15:36 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #238 on: July 22, 2021, 08:00:57 PM »
Zach Wilson?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #239 on: July 22, 2021, 08:08:02 PM »
Zach Wilson?

He was sitting in the vaccinated section during the Islanders games, so either he's vaccinated and just doesn't want to talk about it or he's a complete POS.

The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: