Author Topic: Week 17 Other Games  (Read 2522 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Week 17 Other Games
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2023, 02:43:07 PM »
If the staff that responded to him on the field doesn't get raises, no one deserves one.  They did a hell of a job.

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1611024617438691328
A cross-dressing limey poofter

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2023, 08:31:47 PM »
Most of the updates have been useless meaningless nonsense

This is the one that actually matters

they likely cooled him post-arrest so there was going to be a 24-36 hour-ish period after the event that they wouldn't have meaningful updates to give anyways. he would have been heavily sedated and you can't comment on neuro status on a sedated, cooled patient.

i took the news yesterday that 'he'd shown signs of some improvement overnight' as neurologic activity while he was in the re-warming phase.

but yeah, great news. if he was with it enough to write and ask his medical team about the results of the game even this early post-arrest, i think it portends to a great prognosis as far as his neurologic status and recovery goes.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2023, 08:48:41 PM »
they likely cooled him post-arrest so there was going to be a 24-36 hour-ish period after the event that they wouldn't have meaningful updates to give anyways. he would have been heavily sedated and you can't comment on neuro status on a sedated, cooled patient.

i took the news yesterday that 'he'd shown signs of some improvement overnight' as neurologic activity while he was in the re-warming phase.

but yeah, great news. if he was with it enough to write and ask his medical team about the results of the game even this early post-arrest, i think it portends to a great prognosis as far as his neurologic status and recovery goes.

I initially thought they might have done TTM

But my understanding is TTM has fallen out of favor recently so it's been speculated that they had not done it especially since it wasn't reported. But who knows, this would make plenty of sense

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2023, 09:09:47 PM »
I initially thought they might have done TTM

But my understanding is TTM has fallen out of favor recently so it's been speculated that they had not done it especially since it wasn't reported. But who knows, this would make plenty of sense

there have been multiple large trials in recent times that have shown both favorable results and no significant benefit with TTM, so it really comes down to provider preference and practice at times

but honestly, with somebody so young, you bite the bullet and do anything you can even if there is only a slim chance of improving neurologic recovery in doing so. unless he already had a very high GCS even while intubated and was awake and spontaneously moving all fours right after the arrest (which by all accounts seems like was not the case right after the event), TTM in hamlin is absolutely the correct thing to do

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2023, 04:50:59 AM »

How literally should I be taking the word cooling here?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2023, 05:09:59 AM »
How literally should I be taking the word cooling here?

literally - hypothermic. older protocols had a goal core body temp ~33, but that is not really followed anymore based off our newer trials. now, it's usually a goal temp of at least ~36 or less, for at least the first 24 hours after cardiac arrest

Tags: