Author Topic: 4.120: Lamical Perine - RB - Florida  (Read 7698 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: 4.120: Lamical Perine - RB - Florida
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 10:25:43 AM »
Once he’s gone, Adam Gase will look to implement a running back by committee setup.

Taking bets now on who goes first, Gase or Bell.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 12:48:44 PM »
After the nuclear war the only things left will be cockroaches and Bilal Powell on the Jets.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2020, 03:10:05 PM »

Bell
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2020, 03:32:31 PM »

Can we call it a push? If both are here 1 more year? I mean technically Gase would be relieved of duty before Bell in that case but neither would have any impact on the 2021 Jets.

I can’t see any scenario, barring a nearly 2,000 yards from scrimmage season from Bell where he is part of this franchise on his current contract in 2021.

There are at least some plausible scenarios where Gase gets to keep his job next year.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 03:34:03 PM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2020, 03:34:39 PM »
Bell is most likely gone in 2021 unless he has an elite season. He's probably 20/80 to return.

Gase is probably 60/40 to come back next year.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2020, 03:37:05 PM »
Can we call it a push? If both are here 1 more year? I mean technically Gase would be relieved of duty before Bell in that case but neither would have any impact on the 2021 Jets.

I can’t see any scenario, barring a nearly 2,000 yards from scrimmage season from Bell where he is part of this franchise on his current contract in 2021.

There are at least some plausible scenarios where Gase gets to keep his job next year.

If Gase gets fired then it's highly possible that a new HC and OC would consider Bell to be a key part of the offense.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2020, 04:14:09 PM »
If Gase gets fired then it's highly possible that a new HC and OC would consider Bell to be a key part of the offense.
It is hard to see a scenario where Bell lives up to his contract, but Gase is still too big a disaster to bring back. Only way I see that happening is if Darnold regresses.

Douglas didnt sign Bell. I doubt most GMs want to spend that much money on running backs unless they are elite, and Bell has to prove that again.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2020, 04:17:41 PM »
It is hard to see a scenario where Bell lives up to his contract, but Gase is still too big a disaster to bring back. Only way I see that happening is if Darnold regresses.

Douglas didnt sign Bell. I doubt most GMs want to spend that much money on running backs unless they are elite, and Bell has to prove that again.

It seems highly unlikely that Bell sees out his current contract, but it's far from impossible that he would extend for a more reasonable price if a new HC and OC decided that having a proven elite running back would be helpful to their plans.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2020, 04:26:29 PM »
I dont think we can call Bell a proven elite back anymore. The last time he averaged more than 4.0 yards per carry, he was the league's 5th-leading rusher behind Jay Ajayi and DeMarco Murray.

Life comes at you fast at RB. Bell has some excuses for 2017 (no camp, absurd workload), 2018 (DNP) and 2019 (shitty line). But he needs to prove it again.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2020, 10:24:45 PM »
La'Mical Perine's total of 40 receptions in 2019 was the 7th-most among FBS RBs
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2020, 11:06:30 PM »
I dont think we can call Bell a proven elite back anymore. The last time he averaged more than 4.0 yards per carry, he was the league's 5th-leading rusher behind Jay Ajayi and DeMarco Murray.

Life comes at you fast at RB. Bell has some excuses for 2017 (no camp, absurd workload), 2018 (DNP) and 2019 (shitty line). But he needs to prove it again.

I think he's still elite, but it was obvious that the system and personnel were not right even before we signed him.  It was like hiring a gifted sushi chef and being upset that he couldn't make a decent pizza on a campfire.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2020, 12:05:34 AM »
I think he's still elite, but it was obvious that the system and personnel were not right even before we signed him.  It was like hiring a gifted sushi chef and being upset that he couldn't make a decent pizza on a campfire.

He's not elite

There's a reason nobody was willing to trade for him even with us eating a chunk of his contract.

Bell is a leader, awesome freaking blocker and well rounded. But he's not effective let alone elite

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2020, 06:48:06 AM »
He's not elite

There's a reason nobody was willing to trade for him even with us eating a chunk of his contract.

Bell is a leader, awesome freaking blocker and well rounded. But he's not effective let alone elite

Despite all the limiting factors, the guy was our best offensive player through the first half of the season (and possibly all of it). If that’s not at least “effective” I don’t know what is
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2020, 07:17:22 AM »
Despite all the limiting factors, the guy was our best offensive player through the first half of the season (and possibly all of it). If that’s not at least “effective” I don’t know what is

Best player on the worst offense in the league?

And I disagree. I think Jamison Crowder was a much better wideout than Bell was a running back for us last year. Sure Crowder was limited the first half of the season on account of us not having a QB for most of it. But that's not on Crowder

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2020, 07:22:43 AM »
He's not elite

Who knows what Bell is here.  He had no chance last year.  I found this pic of him trying to run behind our line. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 07:37:01 AM by bojanglesman »

Tags: